PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Willie Mac on WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Calhoun

On the Roster
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I love Willie McGinest! Total class act!

Last edited:
In other Willie Mac news, it's obvious when he'll get his ovation.

As per the Globe, he's a captain on the Browns. (No shock there.)

So for once the coin toss is going to be an emotional event.

It may have been a necessary evil for him to have ended up in some other team's colors; but its still evil. Like the need to install the field turf, everybody benefited from his departure; but it still stinks.

He also said he wouldn’t hurt Brady if he has the chance to sack him:

“Never,” he said. “I would never try to hurt Tom. That’s the funny thing. If I get a free shot at Tom - and I’m sure they’re going to do everything they can to keep me out of there - I would never slam him to the ground or throw my weight on him. Of course, you’re going to go out and play hard and make the tackles, but I could never hurt him. He’s like family to me - his sisters, his mom, his dad.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1036159&format=text

He also said he wouldn’t hurt Brady if he has the chance to sack him:

“Never,” he said. “I would never try to hurt Tom. That’s the funny thing. If I get a free shot at Tom - and I’m sure they’re going to do everything they can to keep me out of there - I would never slam him to the ground or throw my weight on him. Of course, you’re going to go out and play hard and make the tackles, but I could never hurt him. He’s like family to me - his sisters, his mom, his dad.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1036159&format=text

Peyton Manning, on the other hand.....

He's so old and crippled and slow I doubt he could make it into the backfield to hit Brady even if he wasn't blocked. Even if they gave him a 3 second head start.:)

He's so old and crippled and slow I doubt he could make it into the backfield to hit Brady even if he wasn't blocked. Even if they gave him a 3 second head start.:)

Nah, he could probably run 10 yards in 3 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes