PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Willie McGinest Facing New Lawsuit

Oh look..it's "Stonewall" PeePeeCaaCaaDooDoo with an important social justice moron message

Damn, Willie keeps getting arressted.

Damn, Willie keeps getting arressted.
The 562 is........
Rolling In The Zone GIF by StickerGiant

1687390874842.jpeg
OIP.E3C38Z95xujjxMRWtfvD8wHaEE

Are athletes getting in more trouble?
Or is social media ... security cameras et al just exposing more of it?

Athletes aren't any different than any other section of society. They just get treated differently. Here's an example:

Back when I was coaching youth baseball a lot of parents would ask "why isn't my child pitching" or "why is my child in the outfield." However, you would never hear a parent go up to the bandleader and ask "why isn't my child the first clarinet" or any other such dumb question. That's because in both cases it requires both talent and hard work but it's only in sports where we hear the everyone's equal nonsense.

Obviously I don't know him, but these incidents seem so out of character. I hate to speculate, but cant help but wonder whether CTE is a factor. Either that or he's going through some personal stuff.

This. Did you guys plays sports growing up? You had to have had some troubled kids on your sports teams or played against them.

Willie seems to have been a good guy for most of his life, but now has made some mistakes recently.

Willie has to move his entire family out of California. Guy grew up in Compton, he is a crip. So either he moves away or is obligated to engage in gang business by default.

Willie has to move his entire family out of California. Guy grew up in Compton, he is a crip. So either he moves away or is obligated to engage in gang business by default.
He could be moving into a new rent-free residence but it'll still be in CA.

Athletes aren't any different than any other section of society. They just get treated differently. Here's an example:

Back when I was coaching youth baseball a lot of parents would ask "why isn't my child pitching" or "why is my child in the outfield." However, you would never hear a parent go up to the bandleader and ask "why isn't my child the first clarinet" or any other such dumb question. That's because in both cases it requires both talent and hard work but it's only in sports where we hear the everyone's equal nonsense.
It’s my understanding from friends who are musicians that in fact it’s quite common to hear such. Entitled parents know no bounds, aren’t limited to sports.

Obviously I don't know him, but these incidents seem so out of character. I hate to speculate, but cant help but wonder whether CTE is a factor. Either that or he's going through some personal stuff.
I hate this. Willie is my favorite Patriot of 60+ years of fandom. Great clutch playmaker, great leader. I hope he gets through this. It does seem strange that it was a couple years ago. I would still like to know what the real reason was for taking out the guy in the restaurant so violently. Wozzy had a good point about gang affiliation.

Willie had so much going for him gotta think before you act or have others act for you.

If you got money, you're someone else's lottery ticket if they can get you to lose your temper.

He's definitely blown his shot at the HOF. If he had stayed healthy his entire career he probably would have been a sure fire guy but he couldn't early in his career. Being the all time post season sack leader alone was going to get him to the fringe. The HOF is a popularity contest and with his work on NFLN his popularity was growing and the network was grooming him for it as well because they had a vested interest in him getting in. Look at Rodney. His popularity is killing him.

Sorry but he's as good as Dawkins and better than Lynch but he's not getting a sniff. Rodney will get in before Willie now. Willie has been moved into the Corey Dillion and Ricky Waters category. Antonio Brown will probably get past being in that category simply because he was so good for so long but he probably would have been a first ballot guy and now I bet they make him wait a long time.

It’s my understanding from friends who are musicians that in fact it’s quite common to hear such. Entitled parents know no bounds, aren’t limited to sports.
Thanks for the correction. I could never get my children interested in playing an instrument but it was something that the parents of one of the better players said that stuck with me.

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back