PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will There Be Backlash on Irsay and/or Pagano?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we have different definitions of having your phone ring off the hook. After being the youngest coach in the NFL, he goes to unemployed, to not even being able to find a position coaches job. He finally gets a job doing the same entry level job he started at in 1996.

I think the point is that his being a whistleblower in the spygate saga hasn't stopped him for securing other positions in the NFL, which was all I was stating.

Like I said, he still got a 2nd head coaching gig after spygate was long over with. The fact that he pretty much sucked in both of his HC opportunities with a 33-48 record is what is currently holding him back from head coaching jobs.

That said, if he gets the DC job in SF and does well, he'll likely be right back in the mix again.

Zo had an interesting theory today.

Said Pats knew Pagano caused the beef w/ the balls at 1/2 time. BB and TB knew. Thought it was gamesmanship BS.

That was the reason why TB threw the TD bomb to LaFell w/ the game already out of hand....a football way of saying FU to the Colts.

I wish eye herpes upon these assholes.. And Harbaugh just in case

Zo had an interesting theory today.

Said Pats knew Pagano caused the beef w/ the balls at 1/2 time. BB and TB knew. Thought it was gamesmanship BS.

That was the reason why TB threw the TD bomb to LaFell w/ the game already out of hand....a football way of saying FU to the Colts.

I dunno - Brady's off the cuff remarks Monday morning suggested surprise. If he knew something was up, would've been coached to say something more Krafty.

If this turns out to be nothing at all them Mr. Kraft should drop a lawsuit on Irsay the likes he's never seen.

If this turns out to be nothing at all them Mr. Kraft should drop a lawsuit on Irsay the likes he's never seen.
I'm no lawyer but my understanding is it would be virtually impossible. I think you have to prove that he knew the balls were at the right pressure. At this point, it's doubtful any human on earth knows that.

I dunno - Brady's off the cuff remarks Monday morning suggested surprise. If he knew something was up, would've been coached to say something more Krafty.

Yea. Could be that they knew balls were being swapped out but did not know why until later in the game? I dunna know. Major speculation..

I do think BB and TB are being slightly less that completely forthcoming but I still find it odd that neither one knew about all the ball nonsense that was going on in the 1st 1/2 and 1/2 time.

I'm so sick of trying to piece together something logical. Wasting my time....

Irsay tarnished Krafts brand with false accusations(if we are found innocent). That should be enough to warrant a suit even if it is to get Irsay's panties in a wad

I'm no lawyer but my understanding is it would be virtually impossible. I think you have to prove that he knew the balls were at the right pressure. At this point, it's doubtful any human on earth knows that.
If true that Irsay dropped the dime, how did he know that the Pats balls would be ok at 12.5 but would go down at the start of the game.

Someone must have given him confirmation that they have the Pats red-handed (or at least thought that they did.)

Moreover, Irsay hasn't made any public statements that can clearly be seen as accusing anyone of anything. Such a claim is an essential element of defamation. [If person X accuses person Y of murder in a private journal, person Y can't sue person X for libel.]

Irsay tarnished Krafts brand with false accusations(if we are found innocent). That should be enough to warrant a suit even if it is to get Irsay's panties in a wad
Just take away Irsay's pharmacist. That'll be punishment enough.

Yea. Could be that they knew balls were being swapped out but did not know why until later in the game? I dunna know. Major speculation..

I do think BB and TB are being slightly less that completely forthcoming but I still find it odd that neither one knew about all the ball nonsense that was going on in the 1st 1/2 and 1/2 time.

I'm so sick of trying to piece together something logical. Wasting my time....
My working theory is this:

BB and Brady probably don't mess with the ball inflation except if it feels low. The equipment managers likely fill to 12.5, break the balls in, Brady chooses the balls. Some may be lower by this point, but whatever unless it's noticeable they don't get anal. If a ref wants more air, they put more air in. Most refs don't really care unless it feels like it's low or high.

Irsay may have been tipped off from someone that they had a Patriots ball and it was god help us only 11 or 12 PSI. Maybe the Indy manager is anal retentive and fills every ball to exactly 13.0, or maybe he just sharpshoots other people cuz he's an asshat. Irsay gets word and decides he'll complain if they start getting their ass kicked.

So halfway through the game he tells the refs to check Patriot balls, and the ref is probably thinking "are you ****ing kidding me?" But they comply and gadzooks! Due to the weather and the lack of exacting measures some balls are less than 12.5. So the ref has a few pumps put in (probably in the cold) and they move on.

Then, facing the inquisition, the refs are like, "yeah we totally checked the pressure before the game" so now it's a Bermuda triangle mystery. But BB and Brady don't know anything, and neither does anyone else, and the refs don't want to fess up that they half assed something so the only other possibility is FOUL PLAY. But they can't find any because none exists.

I wouldn't be surprised if after calling the league office Irsay got a bit of "your making a mountain out of a molehill, but fine we'll look into it." At which point he got pissed and decided to leak the story to his reporter buddy to push the issue.

I think the NFL should review tapes from the colts on their sidelines. Something is fishy. What is the timeframe from the Jackson interception to handing it to colts equipment manager. The equipment manager informing everyone and giving the ball to be tested. A lot can happen. Something isnt right.

My working theory is this:

BB and Brady probably don't mess with the ball inflation except if it feels low. The equipment managers likely fill to 12.5, break the balls in, Brady chooses the balls. Some may be lower by this point, but whatever unless it's noticeable they don't get anal. If a ref wants more air, they put more air in. Most refs don't really care unless it feels like it's low or high.

Irsay may have been tipped off from someone that they had a Patriots ball and it was god help us only 11 or 12 PSI. Maybe the Indy manager is anal retentive and fills every ball to exactly 13.0, or maybe he just sharpshoots other people cuz he's an asshat. Irsay gets word and decides he'll complain if they start getting their ass kicked.

So halfway through the game he tells the refs to check Patriot balls, and the ref is probably thinking "are you ****ing kidding me?" But they comply and gadzooks! Due to the weather and the lack of exacting measures some balls are less than 12.5. So the ref has a few pumps put in (probably in the cold) and they move on.

Then, facing the inquisition, the refs are like, "yeah we totally checked the pressure before the game" so now it's a Bermuda triangle mystery. But BB and Brady don't know anything, and neither does anyone else, and the refs don't want to fess up that they half assed something so the only other possibility is FOUL PLAY. But they can't find any because none exists.

I wouldn't be surprised if after calling the league office Irsay got a bit of "your making a mountain out of a molehill, but fine we'll look into it." At which point he got pissed and decided to leak the story to his reporter buddy to push the issue.

Sounds plausible.

I'm still fuzzy on how directly Irsay was involved prior to the game. Was he the one that tipped off Kravitz?

Sounds plausible.

I'm still fuzzy on how directly Irsay was involved prior to the game. Was he the one that tipped off Kravitz?
That's what I heard, but who knows at this point. Maybe he wasn't involved at all, but I happen to think Pagano and Luck are believable saying they didn't stir this up. Maybe they knew who did, but it had to be someone, and I would guess someone with a bit of power to get the refs to do something mid-game.

That's what I heard, but who knows at this point. Maybe he wasn't involved at all, but I happen to think Pagano and Luck are believable saying they didn't stir this up. Maybe they knew who did, but it had to be someone, and I would guess someone with a bit of power to get the refs to do something mid-game.

I tend to agree. If anyone would enjoy taking a chunk out of the Pats he would.

Irsay is duplicitous pond scum.

If they think the Pats ran up the score this year, it will be so much worse next year. Take the over on that game.

Sounds plausible.

I think it is pretty clear he did. He may not have called him directly but Kravitz doesn't get a call if Irsay didn't give the go ahead.

I think it is pretty clear he did. He may not have called him directly but Kravitz doesn't get a call if Irsay didn't give the go ahead.
Yea I've been digging...that seems to be the protocol out there.

I would bet alot of teams in the league are not happy with Irsay. From interviews with Aaron Rodgers and the Eli Manning story and comments from Bradshaw on how they used to doctor the ball for him, QB's are very meticulous about how they like their footballs for the game. and clearly the refs never thought much about it, because why nit pick if a QB likes a ball a certain way? they squeeze a few balls and thats it.

NOW, QBs are not going tobe allowed to doctor the balls to their liking and are going to have to play with the "standard issued balls" which terry bradshaw said they hate so much. I can see alot of QB's being unhappy next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back