PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the Pats have an easier time with the Colts than they had with the Chargers?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will the Pats have an easier time with the Colts than they had with the Chargers?

• Yes

Votes: 39 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 21 25.6%
  • About the same

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • No idea

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get this thread. If, come this weekend, the Colts pose a tougher challenge than the Bolts than we LOSE. The Chargers were in a much better position to take the game for nearly the entire 60 minutes last week. I don't think you can put it any other way, but we were given a gift when we, somehow, got out of that game with a 3 point lead.

If the Colts are tougher than the Bolts than we lose. However, hopefully we'll play better so they don't pose as much of a threat.

Overall, I think the Bolts are a great team and had they beaten us, they would have likely won the Superbowl. They proved to fail when it counted, but they had us by the throat for the majority of the game. If the Colts pose a tougher game, we don't win. But, like I said, I think (hope) we play better so that it won't matter anyway.

It'll be a good game, regardless.

After the Chargers game, I thought yes, but now I'm not so sure. What do you think?

I think we win this game. Thank the Chargers for getting us fired up, to play our best football of the season in Indy.

Agreed.

I think the Chargers might have checked our team back into reality as we were a few yards short of going home early. I think our team will be prepared and ready to beat the colts this weekend.

As a Colts fan, Agree for the most part With almost every single word. But who are you kidding that ALL the pressure is on them to win? You mean it's a preseason scrimmage with nothing at all to lose for the Pats? Hardly. Also, I feel more then any other meeting between the two, the Pats know the Colts are the closest they have ever been (in striking distance) to beating them in the post season.

I said this earlier somewhere, Pats victory Sunday seals this 21 year Colt's season ticket holder in believing we may never beat NE in post season play. THIS IS IT ---- I just don't think NE is a shoo in winner Sunday and if any Pats fan thinks so please explain why we should not even play the game then... just hand over the Hunt trophy to NE saving us ton's on beer money @ the dome
People think there is more pressure on the Colts because we have had so many playoff failures with great teams and the Pats have had great success in the playoffs and beating us in the Playoffs also, so I myself think their is more pressure on the Colts because we have more to prove then the Pats have because they have been here before and if the Pats lose they will still be viewed as having one of the greatest runs in nfl history..

Last edited:
I don't think it is necessarily easier. The Colts, with Manning and his stud receivers, present a different challenge from the Chargers. It could be a shoot-out with the fast surface. Go Pats :rocker:

i voted 'about the same'

tough but not impossible at all...

Go Pats !

Besides the usual Indy suspects -- Manning, Harrison, Wayne -- the thing that scares me most about this game is the officiating.

NaPolian has already set the table with the officiating (see profootballtalk.com). I'm scared of ticky tack calls (like in the game earlier this season) that the Colts have been getting this year and are even more likely to get in this one.

I'm not buying into the Colts D quite yet. KC is completely one dimensional on offense. Baltimore was steady on O this year but nothing special. If we were going up there for this game the chance of a shut out would be in the cards.

Last edited:
If anyone picks 'no' here, they are picking Indy to win. There's no way they could have a more difficult time with Indy than SD and still win.

The Colts D against the Chiefs and against the Ravens was impressive. Granted, neither team showed much imagination and seemed to walk right into what the Indy was prepared to stop, but still, the Colts played well on D.

I expect Pay-a-ton to be super pumped for this game. BB and the Pats' D are going to have to be their best ever to shut down the Colts, who are as hopeful as they have ever been.

Should be an interesting game.

//

I'm nervous about HOW the Colts have won their last two games, especially vs. the Ravens. They've been playing defense and they have figured out how to win without great performances by Peyton.

Playing defense against two very sad, one-dimensional Offenses.

The Colts are an extremely vanilla Defense. I don't think it will be effective against the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News