PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the media be taking back previous statements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="PATSNUTme, post: 3973256, member: 3827

I'd like to see if those in the media will admit they were wrong, way over the top, and perhaps had an personal agenda. Please post any of any of those admissions on this thread. I have a feeling there won't be any but just in case. They will act as if they never said or wrote the things that they did, standard operating procedure fro them.[/QUOTE]

Are pigs able to fly yet?

not to mention, yesterday everyone was picking the broncos, and picking the Broncos to win big...and how they were the class of the AFC/NFL

well, I havent read much today but have they changed their stance since the patriots blew out the supposed "best team in the nfl"??

kurt warner picked the broncos by 'at least 20'

warren sapp said manning would get 2 rushing TD's

Thus far the answer appears to be, "not likely." The most common response is, "I was right at the time" which I suppose is reasonable enough. You can only "analyze" the data that's available.

Incredulously, though, a number are holding fast and firm with a, "but I'm still not going to give Belichick a pass for all his roster mistakes" commentary. I can't help but wonder if those people have any concept of success rates across the league when it comes to player acquisition.

I'd like to see if those in the media will admit they were wrong, way over the top, and perhaps had an personal agenda. Please post any of any of those admissions on this thread. I have a feeling there won't be any but just in case. They will act as if they never said or wrote the things that they did, standard operating procedure fro them.

Are pigs able to fly yet?[/QUOTE]

For the first time in years, it might be worth watching ESPN pre-game tonight.

What joy it will be to watch that clown car explain what exactly happened yesterday. Would not doubt for an instant that one or more might break down and start crying.

It seems that most of the media is going with the idea that Peyton had a bad game and the Broncos are still the best team in the league. A lot of Peyton lovers seem to be saying this game didn't matter and the Broncos will easily run the table and have home field advantage. So basically they are chalking this up to a fluke

But here is summary of ...
1. Brady is in decline
2. BB has never given Brady weapons to work with
3. BB and Brady are not getting along
4. The Patriots are looking to trade Brady
5. The Patriots are cheap and care only about $, and not winning.

Are you sure the title of your thread shouldn't have been "PatsFan.com Forum Thread titles after the KC game?"

Are you sure the title of your thread shouldn't have been "PatsFan.com Forum Thread titles after the KC game?"
Positive. Because it went on to one degree or another until after the Bears game. Remember how close the Jets game was and the talk after that game?

Dilfer's actual quote (my bad):

We saw a weak team, the New England Patriots. Let’s face it, they aren’t good anymore!!! (smiling joyfully)

He did backtrack a lot today, saying he was wrong, but also in a way defending himself by commenting that in today's NFL, you have so little practice time that early games can be teaching moments for great coaches, spurring dramatic improvement, so nobody should over-analyze results of early season games.

My favorite, from that sage Trent Dilfer:

"Let's face it, the Patriots just aren't good any more"

He actually dragged it out like he had rehearsed delivering the line, which he no doubt had done:

"...the New England Patriots...let's face it...they're not GOOD any more."

And, yeah, yeah. OK. He admitted he was wrong. But the real issue is that, to arrive at and then articulate that conclusion he really had to be no more insightful or knowledgeable than any of us out here mouthing off about the Pats and the NFL. Yet, he gets national media exposure and, no doubt, a handsome paycheck and lucrative speaking fees because of the Network platform that he has. Pretty depressing.

I'd like to see if those in the media will admit they were wrong, way over the top, and perhaps had an personal agenda. Please post any of any of those admissions on this thread. I have a feeling there won't be any but just in case. They will act as if they never said or wrote the things that they did, standard operating procedure fro them.

Are pigs able to fly yet?[/QUOTE]

Good question....let's take Steve Tongue,Kurt "The Turnip" Warner and Marshall Dork to the top of the Pru and throw them off...

kurt warner picked the broncos by 'at least 20'

warren sapp said manning would get 2 rushing TD's

To throw the drooling amoeba that is the NFL Network's commentary crew a bone here, that was under the "Bold Predictions!!" portion of the show. It's too easy otherwise; hell, it still is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST