PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the injuries in the Seahawks secondary be a factor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

Virtual Internet Person
Reaction score
Yes, I know everyone is banged up this time of year, but I am wondering if the injuries in the Seahawks secondary will effect the game, and if so, how? Also, how can (aside from going after their injuries and trying to put them out of the game as per Brandon Browner) we game plan to take advantage?

Such as, Earl Thomas has a dislocated shoulder. That means he can NOT take a blow on that shoulder, and more than likely cannot pull hard (as when trying to tackle) with that arm either. That means he is going to try to favor the other side, so if he's lining up to tackle, say a Gronk, I tell Gronk to fake to the healthy side and cut back to the injured side. Make him make the play with the hurt body part. Agree?

I respect these guy's ability to play through pain, etc but with the injuries they have there is only so much they can do. Thomas is going to have a helluva time doing what you say, but in addition raising his shoulder above his mid-section will be very, very difficult. For Sherman, while I've never had his particular injury but with torn tendons in the elbow joint must make it very difficult to bend and make quick, sudden movements- such as going for the ball or tackling/grabbing.

I suspect Chancellor is fine. Seems like sand-bagging to me.

I hope they are...I hope they've been underplaying the injuries and we get 14 quick points on their asses

It's been stated that the key to the Seahawks defending the short passing game is that they can get up tight, jam receivers, and limit YAC by being aggressive. It's going to be harder to do that if they are playing through pain, which I have no doubt they are. They won't be as effective on a play by play basis. Also I don't think thomas is going to be able to intercept balls above his head because his range of motion will be limited.

I'll take any edge there is. I'll guarantee you no Giants' fans were crying when Gronk was a warm body a few years ago.

earl thomas and sherman both tackled after tey got hurt. They showed a play where he came up and tackled a RB too. They will be fine.

If the Pats win, you know the media will claim it was a factor. In fact, if the Seahawks win, the media will kiss the Seahawks' arses by saying they beat the Pats despite the injuries to the secondary. The only way the media doesn't spin it against the Pats is if the Pats blow out the Seahawks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News