PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Brian Waters Return to the Patriots?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will Brian Waters return to the Patriots for the start of the season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I beg to differ.

Solder might be a better RT than LT;
Mankin$ is less than 7 months removed from knee surgery;
Connolly is a better Center than RG;
Vollmer is too feckin unreliable;
and it doesn't get any "less" than Ryan Wendell.

Ladies & Gentlemen, the starting Offensive Line for your New England Patriots.

Come to think of it, they have done better in the past; in fact, this may be the worst starting OL
in the Belichick/Brady era.

And in fact, it may be the best.

I'll take it over Light-Compton-Koppen-Andruzzi-Klemm
and thats not even close

That's pretty much where I was going with my comment, Captain.

In other words, it may not necessarily be considered an area of strength to you at the moment, but it isn't anywhere near as bad as it's been in the past; at least in my opinion anyway.

And in fact, it may be the best.

I'll take it over Light-Compton-Koppen-Andruzzi-Klemm
and thats not even close

I'll take Light-Compton-Koppen-Andruzzi
over an unproven (at LT) Solder,
a still-recovering Mankin$,
a life-threatening (for Brady), undertalented midget Wendell,
and a better-at-Center-than-RG Connolly.

Vollmer > Klemm; but on those days in which Vollmer won't play (and there will be plenty of those),
then Cannon = Klemm, in that they both suck out loud at Tackle.

Vollmer > Klemm; but on those days in which Vollmer won't play (and there will be plenty of those),

Feel free to, I'll take this years in a heartbeat.

In other words, it may not necessarily be considered an area of strength to you at the moment, but it isn't anywhere near as bad as it's been in the past; at least in my opinion anyway.

I suppose that we'll begin to see where this OL ranks starting Sunday.
Just in case, though, if any of us believe in prayer, then we should pray for the health of our QB.

I suppose that we'll begin to see where this OL ranks starting Sunday.
Just in case, though, if any of us believe in prayer, then we should pray for the health of our QB.

Frankly, if we have learned anything, we should know that we could have a crap OL and we would scheme to protect Brady.

Without Mankins playing at a pretty high level, people could make a pretty strong argument that this is the worst O-line in the Brady era. Even with Mankins, we're looking at a 2001-2002 type line here. The center position will certainly be about as weak as it's been since BB took over.

I think that Andy makes a great point that the coach and QB will attempt to hide any weaknesses that may be showing too much.

That may mean anything from added running duties, additonal 3 TE sets (if 3 TE are active), chipping a TE to one side depending upon defender/Wimbley, and taking less longer step drops.

As Seymour once said, "there's more than one way to skin a cat." (one of my favorite quotes from 2008)

Yup!

Light > Solder
Mankins > Compton
Koppen > Wendell
Andruzzi > Connolly
Cannon = Klemm

Whether Vollmer's back will hold up for the entire season, let alone part of the season, is another concern.

I think that Andy makes a great point that the coach and QB will attempt to hide any weaknesses that may be showing too much.

That may mean anything from added running duties, additonal 3 TE sets (if 3 TE are active), chipping a TE to one side depending upon defender/Wimbley, and taking less longer step drops.

As Seymour once said, "there's more than one way to skin a cat." (one of my favorite quotes from 2008)

Line will not be great to being with..but with time i think they will improve especially by week 5-6 (hopefully)

Can you say...screen plays up the wazoo

Last edited:
Without Mankins playing at a pretty high level, people could make a pretty strong argument that this is the worst O-line in the Brady era. Even with Mankins, we're looking at a 2001-2002 type line here. The center position will certainly be about as weak as it's been since BB took over.

We'll have to see what they eventually relax/gel into, Deus.

We may see Connelly at center and Thomas at RG. I doubt it right off the bat, but I do think the weaknesses will be helped with some other measures.

I'm not quite as worried as some, although I am certainly concerned.

We'll have to see what they eventually relax/gel into, Deus.

We may see Connelly at center and Thomas at RG. I doubt it right off the bat, but I do think the weaknesses will be helped with some other measures.

I'm not quite as worried as some, although I am certainly concerned.

They've lost with better lines. They've won with (arguably) lesser lines. I don't think that the line is a make/break thing, because Brady, Belichick and McDaniels can adapt. The line could be the difference between a good offense and a great offense, though, and that could be important against the better teams and in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes