Will Brady break Manning's records?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Let's consider this without regard to the following:

-It doesn't matter that much because Brees will probably play longer (in his dome) and break all of the passing and TD records.

-It doesn't matter because guys starting their careers recently, like Andrew Luck, now typically have 4500 yard, 35 TD seasons (whereas a good season used to be 3500 yards and 25 TD). So, as soon as a guy like Luck puts together 15 years, all these records will be sunk anyway. And the schedule could go to 18 games, too.

Speaking strictly as a matter of Brady vs. Manning, though, Brady believes he can play 7-8 more years while Manning has 2. Okay, so let's just look at their cumulative stats today (the only way you can compare them is by cumulative regular season stats because, let's face it, in any other "comparison" there is really not much of a match; Brady wins easily.)

Career Passing Yards:
Manning: 69,691 (wow, kinky)
Brady: 53,258

Let's say we can count on Brady putting up 4500 yards a season, conservative in today's NFL. He needs 16,443 yards to pass Manning. It would take Tom just over three and a half seasons to pass Manning.

VERDICT: If Brady's predictions about longevity are true, he would pass Manning quite easily and end up with significantly more total yards.

Career Passing TDs:
Manning: 530
Brady: 392

Let's go with an average of 30 TDs for Tom which again, I think is somewhat conservative, but we could see the Pats run the ball more and save his arm late in his career. It would take Brady about four and a half seasons to pass Manning for passing TDs.

VERDICT: Brady should also pass Manning for career passing TDs if he plays a +5/6 seasons than Manning. However, it is less likely than career passing yards.

Career Interceptions:
Manning: 234
Brady: 143

Brady typically throws about 10 INTs a year, so the math his pretty simple. He would likely not be able to overthrow Peyton by stacking up his INTs to the level of the smartest QB to ever play, despite that the smartest QB ever also played with much better offensive weapons and always in the same exact system.

VERDICT: Manning ball washers can take solace in the fact that Manning will always have more INTs than Brady.

Career Playoff One-and-Dones:
Manning: 9
Brady: 2

Brady would have to go one-and-done in seven consecutive seasons, but it is unlikely he would even play seven more seasons than Manning. It is almost mathematically impossible for Brady to catch Manning in this hallowed category, and Manning is probably not even done disappointing. He is the most gifted quarterback ever at losing at home in the playoffs to a far inferior opponent and then throwing the team under the bus.

VERDICT: Joe DiMaggio's 56 game hit streak. Peyton Manning's 9 one-and-dones (and counting.) Two records that will never be broken.

we'll have to see. i'm really not sure that brady will be a 4500 yard qb in 5 years... i think it's unlikely, but i don't give a **** about regular season stats when comparing brady and manning. brady has heart, fire, postseason stats, and rings. that ends the argument for me.

I got a $50 bet with a fellow Pats fan that Brady doesn't pass Manning's TD record. Another friend of mine has a $100 bet with the same fan for the same thing.

The only thing Tom can do is add a few more rings to his already abundant collection.

Add super bowl appearances and rings to that list.

I want to see Brady break Manning's records as much as I want to see Brady become the spokesperson for Papa Johns. Super Bowls, baby.

He'll never pass Manning's playoff loss record

impossible..also peyton will continue to add to his sacred playoff losing record the longer he plays.

another record that is unbreakable is brady starting his postseason career 10-0...impossible to beat that!:D

impossible..also peyton will continue to add to his sacred playoff losing record the longer he plays.

another record that is unbreakable is brady starting his postseason career 10-0...impossible to beat that!:D
Brady just needs to finish off his career with another 10-0 run.

one more SB and tom's unquestionably the greatest player of all time.
even the haters will have to admit it!

If Deflategate and Spygate have taught us anything, it's that the haters will never, ever, ever, ever admit anything good about the Patriots or Brady, and they'll do anything possible to discredit their accomplishments.

If we manage to win a fifth Super Bowl this season it would be arguably the most incredible moment in the history of sports. Imagine the GOAT's legacy being ambushed over a witch hunt right after securing his fourth championship and then winning it again!

Not jinxing us but my god the thought of it.

one more SB and tom's unquestionably the greatest player of all time.
even the haters will have to admit it!

That's what everyone said before this past SB win.

Never underestimate haters' ability to be stupid.

I want those 2 Super Bowl rings that the superior Manning took from us.

He has 4 rings. He can break them or not break them. I don't really give a ****.

I wouldn't complain if we got the single season TD record back but I honestly don't really care

4 rings and chasing a 5th.

I hope he breaks them all, simply cause that would mean he'd have to play into his 40s and I don't ever want him to retire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back