Replies:
Asking for your support

Will there be a new OC in 2023?

• Yes

Votes: 57 81.4%
  • No

Votes: 13 18.6%

• Total voters
yes, if Kliff Kingsbury gets axed in Arizona, Belichick will bring him on staff because Arizona will still be paying Kingsbury....it's a large reason why Patricia and Judge are on Coach Bill's staff....if the price is right, or your a relative or friend of Bill, you're all set...
We keep hearing Bill doesn't want to pay these guys when it's not his money.

The problem lies in who Bill could bring in? O’Brien would be considered friends and family. But what if O’Brien stays at Alabama? Bill’s well has run dry. There’s a reason the coaching staff has gotten smaller over the years. Bill’s only option is to hire outside and gawd forbid someone brings new ideas to the offense.

If I were Kraft, I’d tell not ask Bill to get rid of the bad seeds in Patricia and Judge for starters.
Belichick may be the only executive in the US who can only choose ex-employees for open positions. This approach is NOT the way to bring change and competence to the Offense. I see no reason to restrict candidates to former employees.

Belichick may be the only executive in the US who can only choose ex-employees for open positions. This approach is NOT the way to bring change and competence to the Offense. I see no reason to restrict candidates to former employees.
Especially since the league has very clearly changed and moved on from the old offensive approach in NE. You can't win anymore without a high powered passing game that is built on speed and capable receivers.

They should welcome the opportunity to bring in new blood. Seriously a Frank Reich time would be amazing here.

for all we know BB could have a more desirable option but needs to get fired by Krafty so he can keep his "guarantees". its not like BB isnt motivated by money like he tells his players to be. focus on winning, only the head of the tree should be highest paid.

for all we know BB could have a more desirable option but needs to get fired by Krafty so he can keep his "guarantees". its not like BB isnt motivated by money like he tells his players to be. focus on winning, only the head of the tree should be highest paid.
Bill is 70 and he could tell any team the number he wants and he would get it. At his age it would be dumb to wait where he is to keep getting paid by his old employer if he really wants to go somewhere else.

Bill is 70 and he could tell any team the number he wants and he would get it. At his age it would be dumb to wait where he is to keep getting paid by his old employer if he really wants to go somewhere else.
i think he's just abusing his powers...not everywhere he wants to be is willing to give him ultimate power he want (e.g. Giants/Mara) to call all the shots and also "set" his salary along with bringing his "disciples".

again its a guess in the dark..not saying thats the case BUT having patricia and judge in their current roles on this coaching squad is a travesty

I would give Patricia another season to right things and ship Mac Jones out for a late round draft pick this offseason. Frankly, it’s hard to make chicken salad out of chicken ****. Our troubles all begin and end with Mac Jones. As I’ve said ad nauseum, we looked like world-beaters when Zappe got to start under the Patricia offense.

As much as I believe BB has completely mismanaged the team this year, I do not for a minute think he is motivated at this point in his career by money. He is already very wealthy man and doubt he would risk sabotaging his own team and his pursuit of the Shula record by scheming to save $ on coaches so he could bank the leftover cash.
I am also sure if Kraft thought he was doing that, he would be gone by now. That would truly be a fireable offense for cause.

Better QB = better play calling.

The plays that are there to made now are not being executed.
Phil Perry said today on the radio that he’s talked to numerous people around the league this week and that every single one of them believes the offences struggles are due to the coaches and not Mac.

Bedard and Orlosky did his film review and it’s not pretty. There’s a massive amount of mistakes being made on offence

- under centre we ran 22/23 x
- in shotgun we threw over 90% of the time

Our offence is the most predictable in the league. We constantly run the same plays. D’s know what we are doing.

- our WRs constantly running bad routes, many to close to each other. Thornton they say is the worst offender. They said Mac has no trust in the play calls and no trust his WRs will be where they should be.

The offence is a sh*tshow of epic proportions. Mac isn’t playing well but a lot of that comes down to Patrica and Judge (and ultimately Belichick for putting them in their positions).

I think there is a good chance BB is either fired or allowed to resign respectfully….and moves on elsewhere….don’t see him stopping the chase for Schula record…..if he stays and brings in Bilbo O’Brien….he should be fired for that!

He gets a lot of the money allocated to coaches.

He also has one of the smallest coaching staffs in the NFL.. you need to qualify your source of information and get a tad more specific.

everybody talks about the offense last year was so good. I don’t think it really was.

Their offensive stats have been hugely influence by the 3 blow outs. Everybody that is a little bit into statistics knows that average is hugely skewed by values at the extreme.

Over 17 games in 2021 the Patriots average 27.2 pts per game which was 6th in the NFL and looked like we were a great offense but if you remove those 3 blow outs that are outliers based on the entirety of the season the patriots avegare only 22.35 pts/g which would be 18th in 2021.

This year they average 21.4 pts per game which is currently 17th in the NFL

In 2021, they scored 137 pts in their 7 losses. That’s 19.6 pts/g. Scored 154 pts, 19.25 pts/g over 8 games if you add the loss in the playoffs.

This year, they scored 131 pts in their seven losses. That’s 18.7 pts/g. So they basically scored two more FG during their losses last year compared to this year. Not a big difference.

In my opinion, the offense looked better last year but the results where pretty much the same. Even with Josh, they couldn’t beat good teams, couldn’t come from behind and needed the defense to play great. Exactly the same formula than this year.

Edit: I will add that Mac threw 8TD 0 INT in those 3 blow out. That means that in the 14 other games, he threw 14 TD 13 INT for a record of 7-7. Not that great

Last edited:
everybody talks about the offense last year was so good. I don’t think it really was.

Their offensive stats have been hugely influence by the 3 blow outs. Everybody that is a little bit into statistics knows that average is hugely skewed by values at the extreme.

Over 17 games in 2021 the Patriots average 27.2 pts per game which was 6th in the NFL and looked like we were a great offense but if you remove those 3 blow outs that are outliers based on the entirety of the season the patriots avegare only 22.35 pts/g which would be 18th in 2021.

This year they average 21.4 pts per game which is currently 17th in the NFL

In 2021, they scored 137 pts in their 7 losses. That’s 19.6 pts/g. Scored 154 pts, 19.25 pts/g over 8 games if you add the loss in the playoffs.

This year, they scored 131 pts in their seven losses. That’s 18.7 pts/g. So they basically scored two more FG during their losses last year compared to this year. Not a big difference.

In my opinion, the offense looked better last year but the results where pretty much the same. Even with Josh, they couldn’t beat good teams, couldn’t come from behind and needed the defense to play great. Exactly the same formula than this year.
that is what an eye test of the games last year reflects as well. McD had also a lot of predictable playes in situations with screens, runs between the tackle on second or third and long...this wasn't an innovative offense either but the play designs were better. Their weren't as many plays as this year where receivers running into the same zone or it takes ages for the play to develop. Receivers this year are bad. the o-line last year was better as well

Do you really think that's still true? For sure the GOAT but even goats have a "Best Before" date.
There's 100% some team like Denver that needs a coach, feels like they probably have enough talent to make a splash, has ownership that wants to quickly reverse a bad trend and sell something exciting to the fanbase that can absolutely afford any number.

Unless Kraft is removing Belichick as head coach (and GM), Belichick will hire coordinators and other coaches.

But ONLY if the Krafts AND Eliot Wolf approve.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back