PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Amendola be the only move we make at WR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeping Lloyd and a second rounder would be Ok with me.

Can't say I was ever impressed by Lloyd. Any WR who shy's away from contact and won't fight for extra yards is not a BB ideal. I hope they invest that $3m in another piece.

Danario Alexander is interesting. Speed and size. There are those who feel SD put too low a tender on him and he will walk. He had his injury issues in college as well but he seems to be coming into his own. At 6'5" and 216lbs. He is only 26.

"placed first in the per-play efficiency rankings among receivers for both Football Outsiders and Pro Football Focus. That came after a 2012 season in which Alexander came on like gangbusters late in the year -- he caught all 37 of his 2012 passes for 657 yards and seven touchdowns in November and December."

Cousin, the guy I would love to have here is Darius Heyward Bey. Considered a bust , in 2011 he was stout and then they changed to play book up there.
He became more proficient and his hands were some of the best as far as drops in 2011. At 6'2" and 216lbs and 4.3 speed, put him with TB12 and make him the one of the most most dangerous weapons in the NFL.

But prior to that let's get Adrian Wilson and Freeney/Abraham signed(all three?). Let's quit screwing around and get Talib done and resign Woody and perhaps Edelman as they have invested time in him to get him an NFL pedigree. Now if some way you get back Volmer, you are decent....not perfect.

How about this for fixing some ills in 2013:
WR
DA
Alexander
DHB
Edelman
Hernandez

TE

Gronk
Ballard

Pass rush

Freeney
and Abraham
The two new Canucks
This will help Jones as well.

CB
Resign Talib
Break Dennard out of the hoosegow

Saftey
Keep McCourty back there
Sign Adrian Wilson

Now address your cover OLB needs with Greene in the Draft pick up a CB like Rhodes to come in when Dowling goes down again, Get SMU DE Margus Hunt and put him inside like a JJ Watt. He has the strength and motor, but he needs ten pounds or so. No interior O lineman could match his speed. and then a typical BB move get Marcus Lattimore and red shirt him.

Trade Mallett for some chips to the Browns like a swap of first rounders and put up the "we are open for business" sign.
DW Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday