PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilfork Named in Miami Booster Scandal (Well-Corroborated Allegations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wilfork named in Miami Mess

to me it's like college kids playing football.
in fact, when you really think about it, steroids in baseball is a lot like college kids playing football --- but what isn't?

Really a**hole? Contribute to the conversation or go the hell away.

Speaking of children....:rolleyes:

Really a**hole? Contribute to the conversation or go the hell away.

Speaking of children....:rolleyes:

:rofl::rofl:
hell hath no fury

ok, I found this article you might have an interest in like a hungry 'roided up squirrel spotting the fattest acorn he has ever seen.

Hmm threads moves from Vince to college kids and the NCAA to steroids.
Lulz

to squirrels

:rofl::rofl:
hell hath no fury

ok, I found this article you might have an interest in like a hungry 'roided up squirrel spotting the fattest acorn he has ever seen.

I'm starting to think that you are a music major on a scholarship at Auburn and Cam Newton hooked up with your girlfriend. :confused:

Nothing else explains your idiotic over reaction to an analogy.

But you do get the honor of being the first person on my ignore list after nearly 7 years on this site. Hope you and your girl can reconcile.

Last edited:

in many businesses you will see college students interning over their summer breaks --- you could say these interns are basically being taken advantage of, but over the long haul they trade their time and effort for experience and exposure in the industry which pays off years later.
you could say college players are essentially high profile interns for the nfl, only they don't have to pick up any lunches.

how much did jamarcus sign for?
I'd say that time he spent getting ripped off as a college intern worked out pretty well for him.
he certainly didn't get paid on ability.

The internship analogy is bad for a couple of reasons. First, typical interns are small contributors to the success of the business. But college athletes, as a group, do a large fraction of the contributing.

Second, the classic resume-building benefit is focused on industries where there are many more people with the talent to do the job well than there are jobs available. (Or, similarly, slots in elite graduate schools.) So you invest in college tuition, internships, etc. to increase your chance of standing out and eventually actually getting one of the desirable jobs.

Well, as a Music Major in college, I would have been scr3wed, blued and tattooed had they treated me like an athlete.

I had a scholarship and I also was freely racking up bucks playing gigs in my off hours. It was th only way I made it through school. I didn't have any family support and the scholarship only paid for tuition & books, all the fees and my costs for an apartment, and food fell squarely on mu own shoulders.

If an athlete in ANY sport can get some bucks from an agent or an endorsement or a booster of wherever, then God Bless him and may the NCAA leave him the h3ll alone.

Thats pretty awesome. What do you play?

The internship analogy is bad for a couple of reasons. First, typical interns are small contributors to the success of the business. But college athletes, as a group, do a large fraction of the contributing.

Second, the classic resume-building benefit is focused on industries where there are many more people with the talent to do the job well than there are jobs available. (Or, similarly, slots in elite graduate schools.) So you invest in college tuition, internships, etc. to increase your chance of standing out and eventually actually getting one of the desirable jobs.

your first point is fair, but somewhat irrelevant, imo --- any one athlete can be easily replaced, it's the institutions that endure and succeed.
the kids are a fairly disposable commodity, although at the time they play they certainly have more importance than a lowly intern, but it's an analogy, not an identical situation.
they only share certain characteristics, much like 2 fat squirrels sharing an acorn.

I would say your second point is about as accurate a description of the nfl as you could possibly come up with.

Now I know why we see eye to eye on so many things, Gwedd..

been playing the axe since the first time I saw Jimi live in '67

Forgot about those pesky rodents. Lol

you forgot?????...get your head back in the game, Ninja...

squirrel-nuts.jpg

back on topic.[..so Wilfork is named in this Miami booster story???

uh huh...and there's like 72 or 79 former players named???

right...and how many NY Jets have been publically named and dragged through the mud so far????

thought so...Hi,Omissioner Scumbagdell...we see you, clumsy green freak

Now I know why we see eye to eye on so many things, Gwedd..

been playing the axe since the first time I saw Jimi live in '67

I hear ya. I'm a drummer by trade, but yeah. Great Minds think alike! :)

back on topic.[..so Wilfork is named in this Miami booster story???

uh huh...and there's like 72 or 79 former players named???

right...and how many NY Jets have been publically named and dragged through the mud so far????

thought so...Hi,Omissioner Scumbagdell...we see you, clumsy green freak

Just read the story and yahoo claims 73, Nevin claimed 72 players.

The NFL is not going to punish a player for taking "gifts" from boosters or agents. However they will suspend/ban the Agents for dishing it out.

Are you suggesting that you believe Goodell should punish players that received gifts in college?

Are you suggesting that you believe Goodell should punish players that received gifts in college?

Isn't that what the NFL is doing with the idiot qb-Terrell Pryor-? Personally, screw him. I hope he is forced to sit out a year.

Isn't that what the NFL is doing with the idiot qb-Terrell Pryor-? Personally, screw him. I hope he is forced to sit out a year.

Not sure. Last I heard they wanted a letter from the NCAA that he was ineligible. I believe he was deemed ineligible by Ohio State not the NCAA. Maybe it is just semantics but that is my understanding of the situation and the fact that they postponed the draft to clarify his eligibility at least gives the appearance that they are not just screwing with him.

Nah...never even occurred to me and frankly I'm not educated enough on the ramifications to form an opinion.

No..my reaction is a visceral response to what I see as an ongoing criminal conspiracy involving billionaire NY business interests directly tied into the NFL, who have Roger Goodell walking point and meting out one-sided decisions and sanctions with the express purpose of damaging the New England Patriot football club, it's brand, its' integrity in the league and with its fans.

72 players and the first big blabbermouth release to all nationwide media outlets is "VINCE WILFORK!!!!!! "....you mean to tell me there isn't even ONE New York Jet from this time frame that went to the U. of Miami??? If there is...WHY isn't HE/THEY named? Kareem Brown, Jonathan Vilma, Bubba Franks, Santana Moss...all Jet players who played at the U. of Miami during this time frame that Shapiro was giving out gifts. Why no mention of them when the rumblings and grumblings start emanating from NFL(Goodell) offices?

I'll tell you this in advance...IF Goodell decides to sanction an NFL player/s in this controversy, the first player will be Vince Wilfork...and there will be ZERO sanctions leveled at ANY former or current Jet Miami alums.

Last edited:

PSU and BYU are the only two Div 1 schools never to get a major violation in any sport.

Ask Ki Jana Carter about PSU!!!! They just haven't been caught. All schools do it. I'm all for the players getting paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents