PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Tyrod Taylor is Turning Heads (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did look good. But IMO a little premature for all those accolades...plus of course the Super Bowl champs are a step up or two in weight class from the Colts.

Can't blame the Bills fans for hoping. I probably would too.

bills OC is the guy who coached kap a few years ago..
i remember kap raping us that night on MNF.

bills OC is the guy who coached kap a few years ago..
i remember kap raping us that night on MNF.

Luckily for us, Tyrod Taylor is nowhere near as good as Kaepernick.

So posting an article about the QB you will face and adding my two cents isn't what you guys want around here? I guess you prefer debate amongst people who simple agree with you about how the Bills suck and the Pats are great? I'm not flaming your team or even trolling. Damn man.

Get to know the QB you face Sunday, and probably for many more years...

He's fast, he's smart, he's accurate and very athletic. He just has not started much as a PRO.

I enjoyed the post and your 2 cents. I think it's premature to know what type of QB Tyrod will be but I understand the enthusiasm. I will say I enjoyed the Colts getting their asses handed to them.

This is going to be a tough game. Rex seems to always play the Pats tough. The Bills have a top defense. They have a lot of weapons on both sides of the Ball.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Bills won this game as it is still early in the season and the Pats Oline still has some growing to do but I think the Pats will pull this one out in the end. The difference between Brady and Luck is the time they need to get rid of the ball. Brady negates pash rushes by getting rid of the football within 2 seconds (one of the best in the league btw). Luck on the other hand averages a second longer.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/06/16/qbs-in-focus-time-to-throw/

So posting an article about the QB you will face and adding my two cents isn't what you guys want around here? I guess you prefer debate amongst people who simple agree with you about how the Bills suck and the Pats are great? I'm not flaming your team or even trolling. Damn man.

OK, in all seriousness: I'd love some up-close insights on Taylor from a Bills fan who watched him in camp and the pre-season. People are jumping on you because you you didn't offer any analysis, just declared Taylor "a real quarterback" after a single game in which he passed for 195 yards against a defense that gave up an average of 245 yds/game in the air last year.

So how about we start over. What has Taylor shown you so far? What impresses you about him?

So what happens when the Pats dominate Taylor the way they dominated Tebow? What's going to be the excuse used by Bills fans? Deflated footballs? They brought Bryce Brown in for a visit today two days before the game, probably stole his playbook.

In spite of the fact that the Bills are in our division (group would be a better name) I found myself hoping they would slap Indy and the Geico Caveman around, and they did. We should be welcoming their fans.

That is why, as honorary chairman of the Bills fans welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend to you a laurel and hardy handshake.

The difference between Brady and Luck is the time they need to get rid of the ball. Brady negates pash rushes by getting rid of the football within 2 seconds (one of the best in the league btw). Luck on the other hand averages a second longer.

This is compounded by NE's receivers being better in small spaces and NE's scheme being more adaptable to match whatever the opponent is doing.

That said, Buffalo basically shut Indy out until the game got out of hand. Plus, Rex is one of the rare coaches who plans in advance for NE's scheming and tries to not only counter it, but to even use it to his advantage. NE could be much more productive than Indy was and still only end up with 17-20 points on the board.

Last edited:
Luckily for us, Tyrod Taylor is nowhere near as good as Kaepernick.

Also i'm pretty sure BB has been over that game at some point this week. Hope Roman is someone that thinks "It beat them once, it can beat them again" because I think that could play right into BB.

Although I recall on 3 or 4 of his TD passes SF's offense started inside the Pats' 35.

Last edited:
Also i'm pretty sure BB has been over that game at some point this week. Hope for Buffalo's sake Roman isn't someone that thinks "It beat them once, it can beat them again".

Although I recall on 3 or 4 of his TD passes SF's offense started inside the Pats' 35.
Problem in that SF game vs their defense in the first half. We couldt block or do anything . And a main issue, - no Gronk.

Taylor may turn out to be good..who knows. We know about 6th round picks who turned out great and it is natural for a team which has been searching for a QB to feel good about it. We are just lucky to have not gone through a QB turnstile for 15 yrs.

The OP probably thinks the bills legitimately beat the Pats in week 17 last year. Must suck when your only claims to fame are chicken wings, a waterfall, and losing in the superbowl 4 years in a row.

Stick to bragging about the wings, at least for now.

12032263_10205722148790836_3713556644048323624_n.jpg

Your two cents are irrational. We're one game into the season and you're ready to send Tyrod Taylor to Canton. These are the types of pieces you share with fans of your team, not with fans of the team you're about to play.

I'm more than happy to talk about established, perennially good players on the Bills.
Major over characterization. Canton? I have couched my arguments with the fact that its been ONE game.
I'm done debating here, it is pointless. Other than a few logical posters- people here just want to talk about how great the Patriots are. I posted a video for you to watch with an article and get criticized for it. Won't do it again.

Whatever. Sunday cannot get here soon enough.

OK, in all seriousness: I'd love some up-close insights on Taylor from a Bills fan who watched him in camp and the pre-season. People are jumping on you because you you didn't offer any analysis, just declared Taylor "a real quarterback" after a single game in which he passed for 195 yards against a defense that gave up an average of 245 yds/game in the air last year.

So how about we start over. What has Taylor shown you so far? What impresses you about him?

Ok, fair question, so I will answer this one. Usually I like posting over here, not sure why what I think are interesting reads about the most important player are getting ripped.

It is true that he has not played hardly at all in the NFL. No doubt the "legend" of Tyrod Taylor amongst Bills fans started with the talk from the myriad of players who played with him and coaches who coached him, who just cannot seem to say enough good things about the kid.

During pre-season and TC, all the QB's started off with difficulty against the Bills defense, Rex literally had to lighten up on the blitz packages to give them a chance to get their feet under them. So to be honest, we were all pretty worried early in TC. If you have three QB's youi have none adage applied.

However, when I visited St John Fisher, where the Bills do TC, I got to see TT in person. He carries himself with a great deal of confidence. While that is entirely anecdotal, word is the players and coaches were starting to notice what a command he had over the huddle and the ability he was showing to be a leader. In the pre-season games all three QB's played really well. EJ led the league in TD passes and yards, I think. But word out of One Bills Drive was that if Taylor did not start, there would be a mutiny, the players knew who the best guy was.

He threw very few interceptions through out all of TC and the first thing I noticed was his propensity to NOT turn the ball over.

As TC progressed it became apparent that the kid had a much bigger arm than people were giving him credit for. And why would they? At first blush, you are looking at a 6th rounder who never got to start because he played behind a QB who did not miss one game in his four years there. Interesting tidbit, he worked with his VT receivers for days before his pro-day, the morning of the pro-day he was told they could not work with him for eligibility reasons and he ended up having to throw to cornerbacks, that did not help his draft stock.

During pre-season and in the first game, he showed more of what he did during TC. Good accuracy and a strong arm. I will admit he did not look as comfortable in the pocket as a life long pocket passer, but it was obvious that Roman was making him buckle down on that and with each game he seemed to get more comfortable with it.

I think what has been the best surprise so far is how strong and accurate he has looked. If you watch the
"all the throws" link I posted, he really only mis-fired on one throw. He is also very aware in the pocket and limits bad plays when they happen. For example; he fumbled, grabbed it quickly and prevented a disaster. The ball was tipped in the air, he was on it and batted it to the ground. When he leaves the pocket to run, his head is on a swivel, he looks behind him as he breaks out to ensure no blind side swiping of the ball. These are not huge plays, but they are the little things that we as Bills fans have gotten used to over the years, **** mistakes by generally unaware QB play.

The kid can really run and is very aware in the pocket as I mentioned, he feels the pressure and it is hard to get hands on him. He also throws a nice ball on the run, really accurate.

He is a work in progress. He is a new starter. We need to see much more. But he did the things we hoped he would as well as you could possible hope in just one game.

This week is a monster test against the smartest guy in football.

They've faced real QBs in much bigger situations than in a dumb division game.

One start. One friggin start against the Colts and he's Tom Brady. Riiiiight.

Lol. You are a joke of a poster. I post the truth and you "disagree".

Are you Scott Norwood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference