PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why the Jaguars can win Saturday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbanza

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Although I wanted the Pats to face the Jaguars instead of the Steelers, this upcoming game is no slam dunk. Some recent events have me scared.

1) KARMA - Lets not fool ouselves into thinking that the Pats REALLY wanted to win the game yesterday. If that were so - the starters would not have been pulled by the start of the second quarter, Cassel would not have been the number two QB, Flutie would never have dropped kick in lieu of "automatic Adam" and Branch would not have come in for one play in the fourth in order to get his 1,000 yards (he did - but was negated by a penalty - he remains at 997). Now, this sort of thing could bite the Pats in the arse. The whole "be careful of what you ask for." Are you telling me that the Jags will not find yesterdays performance a sign of disrespect? It was. Absolutely, it was. Jags will be pissed off. DelRio will use this "disrespect" as motivation. No one knows this tactic better than the Pats and its fans. Add to that, that the Jags (a 12 win team) are 7.5 dogs and well, there you have it. All the motivation a team needs.

2) JAGUARS QB - Who is the Jags QB? The rusty, but veteran starter Byron, or the mobile Gerard? Do you go with the hot hand or will DelRio be loyal? Pats must game plan for two different QB's. A heavy load indeed.

3) THE BRUSCHI FACTOR - This is especially true if Gerard starts. Defensive run lane dicipline is paramount. Bruschi - the defensive capatin and signal caller - is the epitome of dicipline and leadership. If he starts and plays, the run can be stopped. However, if he can't go....the Pats play Beisel. Beisel who has all the dicipline of a toddler at Toy-R-Us. Beisel who over-pursues and ends up out of position all the time. Vrabel is terrific, but he's not Bruschi. Bruschi is the leader of that defense. No Bruschi could be a scarey proposition.

not to state the obvious.... but of course the Jags COULD win. it is the playoffs and they are a good team. I dont think anyone in here can wholeheartdly say the Pats will win this game no matter what.
The Pats should win (in my mind as a pats fan), and anything less would be a dissapointment

If the Patriots win this game against Jax, I will be satisfied with their season no matter what happens after that.

What position does KARMA play. Yes we could lose to Jax, that's why they call it playoffs.

But, we are not going to.

My karma ran over my dogma.

oldrover said:
My karma ran over my dogma.
And he didn't get fined or suspended.:rolleyes:

Garbanza said:
Although I wanted the Pats to face the Jaguars instead of the Steelers, this upcoming game is no slam dunk. Some recent events have me scared.

2) JAGUARS QB - Who is the Jags QB? The rusty, but veteran starter Byron, or the mobile Gerard? Do you go with the hot hand or will DelRio be loyal? Pats must game plan for two different QB's. A heavy load indeed.

The 4 year veteran Garrard?

Or the 3 year veteran Leftwich?

A heavy load indeed?

hogwash.

Flying Fungi said:
The 4 year veteran Garrard?

Or the 3 year veteran Leftwich?

A heavy load indeed?

hogwash.

Not only that but there is not much playoff experience on the Jags. As we have seen time and time again in this league, experience counts.

If there is one thing BB is going to read very well this week, it will be how to manage the Jags qb's. Jimmy Smith will be a handful and the Jags D will make stops on us but this is one team that BB is going to have a very good grasp of how to handle.

If they start Leftwich, this game could get ugly. The Patriots have been very successful getting to the passer over the last few weeks, and a rusty, fat QB on a busted ankle is the exact thing a team doesn't need against them. The Jaguars had a very weak schedule, and though their only losses came to the Colts twice, the Rams, and the Broncos (they beat the Seahawks and Bengals), they also got played tough by the Texans, 49ers, Jets, Titans, Browns, and Cardinals.

On the other hand, there's a very good chance they could pull this game out. They're not a great team, but they're not bad either. I think it's going to come down to playoff jitters and coaching, and here both end up on the side of the Patriots.

primetime said:
If they start Leftwich, this game could get ugly. The Patriots have been very successful getting to the passer over the last few weeks, and a rusty, fat QB ....

I'll buy into the rusty stuff, and the busted ankle ... but saw a pic of Byron last week.
He ain't fat no more!

Beware the Jaguars of Jacksonville!

No slam dunk indeed. A 10-6 team is no gimme to beat the 12-4 team. Yes, Jacksonville's schedule wasn't too strong, but how bad can a 12-4 team be? Plus they did things like hold the Indy offense to 10 points, and beat Seattle. Plus they have Fred Taylor.

To read the Globe today, you'd think we succeeded in drawing a first-round matchup vs. Methuen High School. We are WAY underestimating the Jags, and filling their bulletin boards nice and full!

shakadave said:
To read the Globe today, you'd think we succeeded in drawing a first-round matchup vs. Methuen High School. We are WAY underestimating the Jags, and filling their bulletin boards nice and full!

D'ya s'pose the RedGlobeSox could be trying to
sabotage New England's only championship team again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back