PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why picking Solder will define BB's personel moves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of players BB has picked have been a big part of our success in the championship years and our continued success after that...especially one QB.

And i don't get why you are choosing Solder as the defining pick. He is a pretty safe pick for us in a position of need.

One of the more enjoyable facets of this thread is a guy claiming to be a scientist completely disregarding the scientific process in order to steadfastedly maintain a stranglehold on a flawed premise.

Facts don't fit? Ignore them and find some that do! :bricks:

It's always a treat when people manufacture an internet persona thinking it will give their posts more credibility. Not only does it not work, but this stuff just isn't that important.

Light can choose to be a FA, and I never said it was a bad thing for either side. In fact I had a suspicion that they had already talked and thats why I posted that Light thread before the draft. All I said here was that this move could very easily define BBs personel moves(not the draft as some keep stating). This move isnt the same as Seymour, Milloy, Law or any of the other vets.

Jeff - You failed. Miserably. You keep trying to spin your "opinion" to counter every post made in this thread and it's laughable.

People have responded to what you have posted. Quoting you so that you can't spin your way out of it. Yet you try and do so.

You've attempted to claim the following:
Drafting Solder will define BB's Personnel moves.
The Patriots haven't been loyal to Light.
Solder was the highest pick used by the Patriots in the last few drafts.
That Otis Smith and Anthony Pleasant were JAGS
That the youngsters don't have the motivation to win.
That the Patriots have never used such a high pick and not started him immediately.

All of those thing were proven to be false.

And, no offense, but the moment that has defined BB in terms of his Personnel moves is him choosing to keep Brady in over Bledsoe after Bledsoe was healthy. THAT will always been the move that will be remembered as BB's defining moment.

One of the more enjoyable facets of this thread is a guy claiming to be a scientist completely disregarding the scientific process in order to steadfastedly maintain a stranglehold on a flawed premise.

It's always a treat when people manufacture an internet persona thinking it will give their posts more credibility. Not only does it not work, but this stuff just isn't that important.

You hit on the outing of JB

JEFFTHEBIOLOGIST is RON BORGES

He already got beat up about the same thing in another thread last week. I think we're :spygate: He's still entertaining to read when it's not a giant wall of text.

Jeff - You failed. Miserably. You keep trying to spin your "opinion" to counter every post made in this thread and it's laughable.

People have responded to what you have posted. Quoting you so that you can't spin your way out of it. Yet you try and do so.

Drafting Solder will define BB's Personnel moves.-YET TO BE PROVEN
The Patriots haven't been loyal to Light-NOT PROVEN, NOT DISPROVEN
Solder was the highest pick used by the Patriots in the last few drafts-FACT
2011 #17
2010 #27
2009 #33
2008 #10-3 years is a few!!
That Otis Smith and Anthony Pleasant were JAGS-street FA=JAGS
That the youngsters don't have the motivation to win-NOT THE SAME
That the Patriots have never used such a high pick and not started him immediately-Seymour started 10 games, Warren 4, Mayo every game. DL are notedly rotated.

All of those thing were proven to be false.

And, no offense, but the moment that has defined BB in terms of his Personnel moves is him choosing to keep Brady in over Bledsoe after Bledsoe was healthy. THAT will always been the move that will be remembered as BB's defining moment.

You can SAY alot of things to try and win your side of the arguement but you havent proven a thing. Your list of my claims, just look at it. The only things I cant prove positive you cant prove negative, they are opinions to which time may tell. Yes the Brady/Bledsoe hopefully will define him, but you have to admit picking a LT that high with Light in FA sends a clear message. Maybe Solder becomes a decent player, maybe even a better player, but at that position all we need is 1 bad play and our season is effectively over. Its proper to be so concerned about both the position and the makeup of the locker room as the 2 can be linked. And besides dont forget this board is all about entertainment, we are allowed to think aloud, propose hypothetical trades, switch players positions and bash on a great coach. As long as there is room for improvement(no SB in 6+ years!) it shouldnt be any kind of detriment. Simply put, your opinion simply isnt better than mine, facts are facts, and if you dont like playing in my sandbox go find another one!

DaBruinz said:
Drafting Solder will define BB's Personnel moves.-YET TO BE PROVEN
The Patriots haven't been loyal to Light-NOT PROVEN, NOT DISPROVEN
Solder was the highest pick used by the Patriots in the last few drafts-FACT
2011 #17
2010 #27
2009 #33
2008 #10-3 years is a few!!
That Otis Smith and Anthony Pleasant were JAGS-street FA=JAGS
That the youngsters don't have the motivation to win-NOT THE SAME
That the Patriots have never used such a high pick and not started him immediately-Seymour started 10 games, Warren 4, Mayo every game. DL are notedly rotated.

You can SAY alot of things to try and win your side of the arguement but you havent proven a thing. Your list of my claims, just look at it. The only things I cant prove positive you cant prove negative, they are opinions to which time may tell. Yes the Brady/Bledsoe hopefully will define him, but you have to admit picking a LT that high with Light in FA sends a clear message. Maybe Solder becomes a decent player, maybe even a better player, but at that position all we need is 1 bad play and our season is effectively over. Its proper to be so concerned about both the position and the makeup of the locker room as the 2 can be linked. And besides dont forget this board is all about entertainment, we are allowed to think aloud, propose hypothetical trades, switch players positions and bash on a great coach. As long as there is room for improvement(no SB in 6+ years!) it shouldnt be any kind of detriment. Simply put, your opinion simply isnt better than mine, facts are facts, and if you dont like playing in my sandbox go find another one!

{NOTE: I put your replies to me in red since you can't be bothered}

Jeff - Why is it that you continue your BS spin game? The entire premise of your OP was BS. And that premise was that the drafting of Solder would define BB's personnel moves. Sorry, but anyone with a brain knows that BB's personnel moves were defined by him chosing Brady over Bledsoe to lead this team in November 2001.

As for the rest:
The Patriots have proven themselves loyal to Matt Light since they were the ones who approached him prior to his 6 year deal about signing the deal. And they let him play it out. They also approached him prior to the end of said 6 year deal about an extension and he let them know he was going to test free agency. For you to say that doesn't prove that the Pats loyal to Light is just absurdity.

There were only 2 years between the pick of Mayo and the Pick of Solder. 2 is a couple. Not a few.

Otis Smith and Anthony Pleasant were NOT street free agents when they were signed by the Pats in 2000. Again, with the facts. And JAG does not equal street free agent. Before you go making a ridiculous claim that a guy who is cut is a Street Free Agent, that's not entirely true. Street free agents are the guys cut after the season has started. Pleasant was a UFA and Smith was cut during training camp in 2000 by the Jets.

Regarding the previous draft picks, your claim was that Solder had to start right away. My claim was that he didn't and could be rotated in. I used Wilfork, Warren, and Graham as my examples of previous draft picks who did not start immediately for the Pats. You mentioning Mayo and Seymour doesn't do anything for you. Ignoring Graham and Wilfork only proves the point that Oswlek mentioned. That you cherry pick your facts.

I have proven many things in this thread, Jeff. And no, picking a LT at 17 with Light as a UFA doesn't send any message other than to say, we want you back, but we'll move off if we have to.

What you fail to remember, Jeff, and I know it's been told to you several times, is that any time you post, you are entitled to the responses you get . It's the other edge of the double-edged sword called the 1st Amendment. Most people forget that.

BTW, this board is my sandbox. If you don't like it, follow your own advice.

Yes, because Pitt dumping their top sack guy in 2006 sent such a message that it's submarined them since then.

And NE dumping their top receiver last year damn near crippled their offense.

And those 2007 Giants sorely missed their top rusher from the previous year.

If only the Eagles had the good sense to keep Donovan McNabb around last year.

And what in God's name were the Packers thinking not bringing back the guy who led the team in sacks just two years before. If only a more positive message had been sent, then they might have accomplished something...

:bricks:

Last edited:
What about Matt Light being 34 and a FA is so hard to understand? Should BB have just 'hoped' that they could resign Light when FA starts? And hope that he can play at a high level as he reaches the twilight of his career? Was the selection of Mayo a defining moment because he'd be replacing Bruschi?

Players get old, new players get drafted. At every position. Every season. The entire thread is pointless. There are no sides to the argument because the initial premise isn't even an argument.

Yes, because Pitt dumping their top sack guy in 2006 sent such a message that it's submarined them since then.

And NE dumping their top receiver last year damn near crippled their offense.

And those 2007 Giants sorely missed their top rusher from the previous year.

If only the Eagles had the good sense to keep Donovan McNabb around last year.

And what in God's name were the Packers thinking not bringing back the guy who led the team in sacks just two years before. If only a more positive message had been sent, then they might have accomplished something...

:bricks:

There are a few moments in each long tenured coaching career that you can look back on say say it was a defining moment. Not sure any of your examples are any way related to the topic at hand. That Steelers team missed the playoffs, we certainly could have used a motivated Moss in that playoff game right? Didnt the Pack switch to a 3-4 making Kampman expendable? Correllations to this arguement???

What about Matt Light being 34 and a FA is so hard to understand? Should BB have just 'hoped' that they could resign Light when FA starts? And hope that he can play at a high level as he reaches the twilight of his career? Was the selection of Mayo a defining moment because he'd be replacing Bruschi?

Players get old, new players get drafted. At every position. Every season. The entire thread is pointless. There are no sides to the argument because the initial premise isn't even an argument.

Well put. The premise was not an arguement. We as fans can only speculate as to what happened and why. Nothing wrong with that because if you really believe that you wouldnt be posting on such a board! LMAO. BTW Mayo didnt replace Bruschi, we have 2 ILBs in a 3-4.

Well put. The premise was not an arguement. We as fans can only speculate as to what happened and why. Nothing wrong with that because if you really believe that you wouldnt be posting on such a board! LMAO. BTW Mayo didnt replace Bruschi, we have 2 ILBs in a 3-4.

You do realize he is contradicting you, right? :confused:

And we have two tackles as well. What was the point again? There is none. And somebody may be able to correct me but I thought Teddy played the Mayo position and it's the old Ted Johnson position we've been forever trying to fill before Spikes. Whatever, it's meaningless because your premise, if it's even worthy of that name, is meaningless.

And somebody may be able to correct me but I thought Teddy played the Mayo position and it's the old Ted Johnson position we've been forever trying to fill before Spikes.

Sorry to spiral OT but this point kills me. Belichick didn't like the Ted Johnson position when Ted Johnson was playing it. Why on earth would he want to recreate it? Is the premise that it took him half a decade to find someone of Ted Johnson's talent level?

Sorry to spiral OT but this point kills me. Belichick didn't like the Ted Johnson position when Ted Johnson was playing it. Why on earth would he want to recreate it? Is the premise that it took him half a decade to find someone of Ted Johnson's talent level?

A run-stopping ILB who can go in there and smash heads? What evidence is there that Belichick didn't like that position?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back