PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why is Brady still playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wistahpatsfan

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Is there any reason the starters are still in?...Anyone?

1:53 left with the score 28-3. I guess it's safe to pull him, now...

I was screaming the same thing at the TV, especially when he got hit in the endzone.

andyguitar said:
I was screaming the same thing at the TV, especially when he got hit in the endzone.
That was exactly why he was in there - that was a safety on Cassel, maybe Flutie too. Tommy is the best ball handler, so you keep him in to prevent miscues that might give the Jags a chance.

but why take the chance on him getting injured in a game that was over? Obviously you'd take the safety over the injury and finish the game at 28-5.

andyguitar said:
but why take the chance on him getting injured in a game that was over? Obviously you'd take the safety over the injury and finish the game at 28-5.
28-5 and giving the ball back to the Jags with 6-7 minutes left - a quick score and it's 28-12 (two scores and two 2 point plays to tie). The Jags don't have a high power offense like Indy who came back against Tampa a couple years back in the last four minutes or so, but why take that chance? Protecting Tommy when the game is still going is the O-lines' job. BB knows what he's doing, keep your foot on their throat until there is no hope - and they still had hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
Back