PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why is Brady still playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wistahpatsfan

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Is there any reason the starters are still in?...Anyone?

1:53 left with the score 28-3. I guess it's safe to pull him, now...

I was screaming the same thing at the TV, especially when he got hit in the endzone.

andyguitar said:
I was screaming the same thing at the TV, especially when he got hit in the endzone.
That was exactly why he was in there - that was a safety on Cassel, maybe Flutie too. Tommy is the best ball handler, so you keep him in to prevent miscues that might give the Jags a chance.

but why take the chance on him getting injured in a game that was over? Obviously you'd take the safety over the injury and finish the game at 28-5.

andyguitar said:
but why take the chance on him getting injured in a game that was over? Obviously you'd take the safety over the injury and finish the game at 28-5.
28-5 and giving the ball back to the Jags with 6-7 minutes left - a quick score and it's 28-12 (two scores and two 2 point plays to tie). The Jags don't have a high power offense like Indy who came back against Tampa a couple years back in the last four minutes or so, but why take that chance? Protecting Tommy when the game is still going is the O-lines' job. BB knows what he's doing, keep your foot on their throat until there is no hope - and they still had hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News