PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why did we even play our starters the last two games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

voluntarysaftey

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
It looks like the games didnt appear to be important to Bill --
from running out the clock before half against the Jets
to having Brady barely throw the ball in the first half, and then launch bombs that inevitably fall incomplete the second half.

If that was the gameplan, why not just have given Amendola, Gronk, Brady, and every other important player the game off the last two weeks.

They were probably hoping to win against a sub .5oo team with what was available. It didn't work...

They had this crazy idea on trying to defeat two subpar teams, with their "b" team. Unfortunately, the Pats could have rested everyone hypothetically, but you play to win the game!

The jets game I can understand because at least they tried to win both halves. Against Miami, I said from the minute I saw the approach in that first half there is zero point in playing Brady and exposing him to those hits.

Agreed . Why bother if you are not going to try. Very disappointed in the Pats right now. Injuries are one thing; not even trying is a complete head scratcher. We don't have to worry about the no. 1 seed. We are going no where in the post season. I'll be back IF we win our first playoff game. A big IF right now.

Who are our starters at this point???

I don't know all I know is this is extremely unlike Bills style the way he has played his players the last two weeks.

Just sit the WRs...they are useless

well, the GOOD news is you all have two weeks to construct a real nice diving board before you all jump ship. Please, just do it BEFORE the playoff game...for obvious reasons

Miami had the 30th ranked run defense in the league. This O-line is terrible but it is indication of how beat up this team is. I hope the time off helped those specific players.

Somewhere it was written about how they need to get their game "callouses".. the Pats intended to win both games.

Things did not work out, when any team is as depleted as this team not unexpected.. two weeks off will help.

Let them cry it out , Darryl....it's all they ever want to do anyway

well, the GOOD news is you all have two weeks to construct a real nice diving board before you all jump ship. Please, just do it BEFORE the playoff game...for obvious reasons
I'm not jumping off the Patriots but their past few weeks smacked of extreme arrogance. WTF was the point of playing anyone if the plans were to be exceptionally conservative on both sides of the ball? JAG could have handed off and Chandler could have been integrated more. Little things like that could help in the playoffs.

I understand managing the roster and it may very well work out but it goes to show me just how much better the dynasty Patriots (from top to bottom) are than the current group.

It looks like the games didnt appear to be important to Bill --
from running out the clock before half against the Jets
to having Brady barely throw the ball in the first half, and then launch bombs that inevitably fall incomplete the second half.

If that was the gameplan, why not just have given Amendola, Gronk, Brady, and every other important player the game off the last two weeks.
We tried to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not jumping off the Patriots but their past few weeks smacked of extreme arrogance. WTF was the point of playing anyone if the plans were to be exceptionally conservative on both sides of the ball? JAG could have handed off and Chandler could have been integrated more. Little things like that could help in the playoffs.

I understand managing the roster and it may very well work out but it goes to show me just how much better the dynasty Patriots (from top to bottom) are than the current group.
They were trying to win. They are afraid to run their offense. They ran the one that gave them the best chance of winning which was pray for a great defensive game and hope we can score 13 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, Indy showed the NFL the blueprint on how effective resting starters the final two weeks of the season before a bye week is. Why football historian Bill Belichick didn't learn from this precedent is puzzling.

smh

Agreed . Why bother if you are not going to try. Very disappointed in the Pats right now. Injuries are one thing; not even trying is a complete head scratcher. We don't have to worry about the no. 1 seed. We are going no where in the post season. I'll be back IF we win our first playoff game. A big IF right now.
Your name is Deb, not Nancy. Or perhaps it's Deb Downer? ;)

Yes, Indy showed the NFL the blueprint on how effective resting starters the final two weeks of the season before a bye week is. Why football historian Bill Belichick didn't learn from this precedent is puzzling.

smh

They then won two games and were within 7 points of the lead with the ball at mid field 5 minutes left to go in the Super Bowl. Then Manning choked. That had nothing to do with resting those 2 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST