PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why couldn't we win the two Super Bowls against NYG?

Quest4SevenHomie

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Allow me to introduce myself. I'm a Pats fan from Michigan who has rooted for the Patriots since '01. I'm a slightly new member here. I've been browser for a while. I usually just follow the game day/post game threads and have always been intrigued by the posts by some of the members on this place. I'm not exactly sure why I've decided to make an account after all these years. Who knows, you know?

Anyways, back to the question at hand. How did our defense, who was on paper, the better juggernaut in all areas. How could we allow such a travesty to occur? What happened with our situational defense? Why didn't Harrison knock the ball out of Tyree's hands? Why couldn't our run game stop Bradshaw from scoring and Chung and Moore get to Manningham?

It literally makes me sick and angry to relive these in my head. I never could come up with a brilliant reply to silence the Brady/haters when it comes to these plays. What's there to say? Other than Eli has always had a HOF defense to bail him, just like his older brother, Forehead.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Why couldn't we win the two Super Bowls against NYG?

giphy.gif

I don't care... I just can't stand it...

Because we have played in 7 extremely close and competitive Super Bowls where victory and defeat were both possible even in the last minute in every one of them. 5-2 is not bad...

No offense but this thread ****ing stinks.

(Please remember I said "no offense")
Stinks is an understatement. Why these threads pop up all this time is amazing. Might be in the way to winning number six, so tired of these types of posts. Am I mean “offense”. Lol

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm a Pats fan from Michigan who has rooted for the Patriots since '01. I'm a slightly new member here. I've been browser for a while. I usually just follow the game day/post game threads and have always been intrigued by the posts by some of the members on this place. I'm not exactly sure why I've decided to make an account after all these years. Who knows, you know?

Anyways, back to the question at hand. How did our defense, who was on paper, the better juggernaut in all areas. How could we allow such a travesty to occur? What happened with our situational defense? Why didn't Harrison knock the ball out of Tyree's hands? Why couldn't our run game stop Bradshaw from scoring and Chung and Moore get to Manningham?

It literally makes me sick and angry to relive these in my head. I never could come up with a brilliant reply to silence the Brady/haters when it comes to these plays. What's there to say? Other than Eli has always had a HOF defense to bail him, just like his older brother, Forehead.

The Patriots are 1 win away from making it 3 titles in 4 years for the second time in the Brady era. Making them the greatest dynasty this sport has ever seen.

And you’re wringing your hands about this? Lol.

I could make a whole intel report on why and how we could of won both but not gonna bother

Yeah, welcome to the board.....Pats fan?

Although when a first time poster describes a loss as a "travesty," I'm inclined to believe that troll alarms should be blaring. And the troll alarms should definitely be blaring when you're "intrigued" by certain posts in the GDT.

Wanker.

Comes down to a couple of plays in both games. They made them and the Pats didnt.

Dropped interception,non holding call on Ohara. Fluke catch. Is what it is.

Intentional grounding in the endzone. Imperfect throw for a somewhat catchable ball. Great catch by Manningham. It is what it is.

Pretty much over it. Last 2 super bowl wins has eased it quite a bit. Pats are **£king awesome.

Because the Giants had the blueprint to slow Brady down. Since then Brady has worked really hard on overcoming the limitations that lost him those games. And he's a better player now with more versatility than he was then.

That wasn't Brady's fault. The defense lost both of those Super Bowls. I'm constantly reading about how Brady's always had a stacked defense to bail him out of tight jam. However, it was his defense that lost him two super bowls against the same damn team.

We scored less points.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back