PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why can't the O close things out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said it in the post game thread that I didn't understand why Matt Patricia moved them to the prevent. Especially after last year's debacle in Indy when they did the same thing.

The only time a lead is safe with Payme A Ton Manning at the helm is when there is more than 2 scores on the board and less than 10 seconds left in the game. Otherwise, you have to keep the pedal down on defense..

You're honestly throwing the blame on Patricia for that one? Can I ask why? We all know who has final authority over the defensive formations this year, and we all know who called the prevent. Why not just throw that one on him?

I said it in the post game thread that I didn't understand why Matt Patricia moved them to the prevent. Especially after last year's debacle in Indy when they did the same thing.

The only time a lead is safe with Payme A Ton Manning at the helm is when there is more than 2 scores on the board and less than 10 seconds left in the game. Otherwise, you have to keep the pedal down on defense..

Do you think maybe he did that to piss Bill off? They been playin' Manning that way ever since the rules changed. If Bill wanted them to man up and rush the passer, they'd be in man - albeit probably with a too much cushion to beat a timing defense. The problem remains they just can't get enough pressure with 3 or 4 man fronts. So Bill goes the alternate path and plays not just nickle but yesterday 6 db's. Unfortunately (although it worked out alright in the end thank's to the least talented guy in the secondary being where he was supposed to be and a lone rookie getting pressure off the edge) our youngsters are more talented than disciplined and instinctive at this juncture - INT aside, Merriweather was back to guessing and taking bad angles yesterday. And he either can't or won't convince the young lb's to just ignore Manning's bs play action...

You're honestly throwing the blame on Patricia for that one? Can I ask why? We all know who has final authority over the defensive formations this year, and we all know who called the prevent. Why not just throw that one on him?

Yup. Ernie...;)

- I can't believe nobody noticed Brady choking on 3rd down on their final drive. He threw it right into the LB's chest. Everybody should thank the Colts defender for doing that.

- As much as the defense does suck, they close out games.

- Can somebody get BB a kleenex? It's disgusting to watch him on the sidelines wiping his nose with his hand. He always does this in cold weather.

- Anyways, it's a big win and the last real AFC showdown is against the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes