PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why All The Hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the highest compliment. In the old days people pitied us. They hate the Patriots because they are jealous that they win so much.

Thats a great post,SamBam,I thank you for taking the time to share it .

I feel like the general tone of the media ever since the tuck rule game has been downright negative towards us, and that the media has made sure that nobody cares about this team.

The media could praise us and build us up, but they never did and now they are really hating on us openly because they have a perceived excuse-we are already a dynasy.

Even when the media complements us from time to time, it is very vague, stuff like 'they have the best coach/QB combo' or 'they have LESS TALENT but play well as a team'. Totally dull and boring stuff.

And we get a huge amount of contrived 'bad press' in comparison to the squeaky clean image of our team in reality.

When they can't find any dirt on us, it ends up being stuff about what Belichick wears, or that Brady, of all people, is too 'Hollywood'.

The tone of the media has worn people down. They are sick of hearing empty slogans about coaching and teamwork, and the whole tone of the media is dismissive to begin with.

The honest truth is that they never liked us in the first place.

I feel like the general tone of the media ever since the tuck rule game has been downright negative towards us, and that the media has made sure that nobody cares about this team.

The media could praise us and build us up, but they never did and now they are really hating on us openly because they have a perceived excuse-we are already a dynasy.

Even when the media complements us from time to time, it is very vague, stuff like 'they have the best coach/QB combo' or 'they have LESS TALENT but play well as a team'. Totally dull and boring stuff.

And we get a huge amount of contrived 'bad press' in comparison to the squeaky clean image of our team in reality.

When they can't find any dirt on us, it ends up being stuff about what Belichick wears, or that Brady, of all people, is too 'Hollywood'.

The tone of the media has worn people down. They are sick of hearing empty slogans about coaching and teamwork, and the whole tone of the media is dismissive to begin with.

The honest truth is that they never liked us in the first place.

Like I said - ' The Patriots Way ' and what the media loves - story lines, personalities, flash, and stats do not mix.

If they think they're tired of us winning now, just wait a few years. They may be ready to jump off a bridge by then. But the Pats couldn't care less about the media. It's not important at all to them, and that's part of what drives them insane. But modern athletes are so egotistical they really feed of media attention. The Pats are too focused to have time for such utter nonsense.
If everyone went about their business like the pats, the media would have a hard time coming up with any stories!

BB must seem like the anti-christ to them! It's probably got something to do with why BB had such a hard time with the press in cleveland - he just doesn't have time for such a useless thing as their silly stories in the paper and on the tube each day. He's busy PREPARING to succeed.

love it!

Like I said - ' The Patriots Way ' and what the media loves - story lines, personalities, flash, and stats do not mix.

If they think they're tired of us winning now, just wait a few years. They may be ready to jump off a bridge by then. But the Pats couldn't care less about the media. It's not important at all to them, and that's part of what drives them insane. But modern athletes are so egotistical they really feed of media attention. The Pats are too focused to have time for such utter nonsense.
If everyone went about their business like the pats, the media would have a hard time coming up with any stories!

BB must seem like the anti-christ to them! It's probably got something to do with why BB had such a hard time with the press in cleveland - he just doesn't have time for such a useless thing as their silly stories in the paper and on the tube each day. He's busy PREPARING to succeed.

love it!

Does this make the Pats the Jews of the NFL?

Yea, I can agree with the OP... My mom is sick and tired of hearing about the Patriots... So far, she picks the "other" team to win this postseason... I asked her why, and she says in that motherly voice that mothers are known for, " Patriots have had their success, it's time for another team to have theres." and I'm like, " Nah, we ain't done yet." The guys I work with, are sick and tired of it( I've gleefully taken their money too:) ) but I suppose it doesn't help much, when I rub it in on how sorry the Falcons are, and that they will never do good with Vick as their QB... The Atlanta fans are in denial, but Vick is overrated, I'm sorry... Anyhow... That's all... We are spoiled in the Pats continued success, but I'm okay with that... lol...

Last edited:
Enjoy your mighty Patriots reign... not many teams EVER reach this high.

the hate is mainly because the pats dont give any info , not any nonsense to chew on and lets face it no ancient history of winning like the steelers and 9ers and cowboys . The media hats are lost in that history of these football cities so they believe NE as an aberration which just doesnt seem to away. With the colts you have manning and his whole family to talk abt, with bears well 85 bears ,walter payton, ditka etc etc. For NO , no lack of stories . Pats ? what is there they can talk about ..not much ? because they dont want to break down the team see how it is working in practice, how it has been able to sustain it this long because BB doesnt share any of this.
if BB came and berated the media like parcells people will pulling for the pats to get more soundbytes in the SB week...thats unfortunately the nature of the sports. people love personalities not good players..and i blame ESPN a lot for this.
That's the key. I remember the Steelers run in the 70's and even though I loved the Pats, they weren't playing in the post season, so I got into the Steelers because I loved the way they played so tough and they had many very good players and a few great ones. No ESPN in those days. You just watched the games and the rest of the time you did other stuff (you see, there was a time when kids actually could play outside and the parents didn't know exactly where they were or what they were doing for big chunks of time). The craving for "stories" to fill the 24-7 schedule of ESPN makes the Pats seem unentertaining and even wierd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST