• Ravens

Votes: 29 29.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vegas had the line start at Baltimore -3

Now it's Baltimore -2 1/2

Betting it will be Balt. -2 by kickoff

This will be the biggest betting game of the week.....and a tough one to bet on.

which is why i am not touching it.

Done betting pats games after last year

Last edited:
which is why i am not touching it.

Done betting pats games after last year

If I HAD to bet on the game,I take Baltimore and lay the points.....but I find it beyond tough to bet against my favorite team for the sake of making money.

That's why I don't play FF either.

Pats.

This young defense comes out throwing haymakers, all day long. Their oline looked pedestrian against philly (didn't our scrubs dominate them in preseason? Seriously, Koppen solder cannon thomas forgettinglg...dominated that unit in preseason...), only seeming impressive in run blocking. Methinks Love, Vince, Spikes and Hightower dominate the rungame, and CJones continues to impress off the edge. Wilson steps up again with another turnover and McCourty shuts down Boldin.

If Brady can get back to taking what is given, and woody stays the hell off the field (how many drives **** the bed with him in the backfield? Does he ever break a tackle? YAC?), we win by two scores. Three if we dominate the turnover battle.

However, Brady gets cute ofrcing passes to well covered binkies...we lose by three scores. He needs to get back to hitting the open guy. Forcing passes to double covered gronk isnt going to produce anything.

Vereen! Get woody off the field. He killed atleast two or three drives sunday...The offense would be churning away, Ridley ripping off huge chunks of yards. Get passed midfield, sub in Woody and bam, offense takes a huge runny dump on the thirty five and Gost comes trotting out for a meager three. You have a thouroughbread, get him on the god damn track and keep him there. Its time for vereen to produce or go. Again, let him show what he can and can't do. This offense doesn't need to be top 10, hell even top 15 if this defense keeps it up. They simply need to chew clock, earn the tough yards, and keep drives alive. Changing your approach of pound them with the run to finesse slashing in the redzone doesnt make any damn sense. How well did finesse work in 07? Last year? Ridley is proving to be trouble to bring down. He can make you miss but he can also run right the hell over you. He is dangerous. Why the hell would you take him out of the game when the goaline is approaching?!?!

...Sorry about the rant...

FLacco will toss atleast 2 picks, I'm calling it. ;)

Patriots win. If Vick and his horrid offensive line can do it, Brady can.
2 interceptions, 2 fumble recoveries, 5 sacks and a defensive TD would be just fine with me from the Patriots. ;)

In Baltimore, that would rip their heart out.

Last edited:
2 interceptions, 2 fumble recoveries, 5 sacks and a defensive TD would be just fine with me from the Patriots. ;)

In Baltimore, that would rip their heart out.

sorry...but they won't create that...would be nice though :D

Anyone have Flaccos stats in balt for his career? he has to be really good

Last edited:
sorry...but they won't create that...would be nice though :D

Anyone have Flaccos stats in balt for his career? he has to be really good

Flacco kind of reminds me of Matt Ryan,sometimes he really struggles,sometimes he is great but rarely does he make a mistake that costs his team a game.

Flacco is no longer a so so QB,I actually think he is pretty darn good and above average.

And yes,he is as tough at home as Brady and Matt Ryan are.

Ryan,Flacco and Schaub are the most underrated QBs in the NFL

Last edited:
Ravens. They are just too good to at home (20-1 over the past few seasons) Ravens defense is still pretty good and the pats offensive line is extremely weak. I think Brady is going to take a bunch of hits and be running for his life all game.

Pats.

Yes, Ravens lost by a point last week
yes, Ravens haven't gone 1-2 since 666 BCE
yes, the game is at their home

But I still pick the Pats because in addition to getting tired of the some of the incessant whining of the Ravens and the sting of the loss last week, I hope the Pats are tired of the awe and superiority always given to the Ravens, more so since they blew us out in the AFCC a few seasons back when Wellker was out.

GO PATS!

Pats.

Yes, Ravens lost by a point last week
yes, Ravens haven't gone 1-2 since 666 BCE
yes, the game is at their home

But I still pick the Pats because in addition to getting tired of the some of the incessant whining of the Ravens and the sting of the loss last week, I hope the Pats are tired of the awe and superiority always given to the Ravens, more so since they blew us out in the AFCC a few seasons back when Wellker was out.

GO PATS!

I didn't know the loss of Welker in the 2009 playoff game caused the strip sack in the first quarter which led to one score and I must have missed it where Welker would have been in to tackle Ray Rice on his very first run to the end zone.

You can also say that the Pats were more than lucky to win in NE a few years ago when that receiver (Mason,I believe) dropped an easy catch near the end zone which would have probably won that game for them or of course the miraculous Moore punch out in last years AFCCG.

The Pats easily could have dropped 2 games to them in the past few years but luck was on their side.

The Pats are going to need more of that luck Sunday Night to have a chance.

Well, we've got some issues on the team right now but I'm of the mind that people around here massively overrate the Ravens. They're a good team but they're hardly infallible, and have some significant vulnerabilities that can be exploited.

"Pats Can't..."
"Pats Won't..."
"Pats will never..."

It's going to be a close, tough battle, but I think the level of certainty of the Pats being blown out is very amusing. I could be wrong, but I don't think so. Some people get too high after a win and far too low after a loss.

Pats 23-21

Last edited:
If the Pats O-Line comes to play, we should win by a margin of anywhere between three and seven points. If the O-Line doesn't come to play, this should be a double digit victory for the Ravens. Hopefully Connolly is healthy and the O-Line is ready for the test. Our defense should be able to keep this close enough for the offense to pull it out in the end (how different does it feel saying THAT?).

I think we got this, last Sunday was a stern lesson to many on the team. When things look bad and esp coming off a loss is when this team is hardest to beat.

this is not the same ravens defense they give up almost 100 yards to BJGE in week one and almost 400 yards passing to mike vick... as long as the pats defense plays the way it has the first two week it will be a easy win for the pats

The Patriots because our D is improved and our offense is still better than theirs. And I am a homer.

I'll take off my homer glasses here and take a look at the game.

The assumption that the O line will be weak can be argued with, but let's wait until they do improve before we say they will. I think the offense will be looking for redemption and will be able to plan without hernandez. The plan will be more intact.

I think from a historic perspective, we have better scouting on the ravens and their players than they have on our players. We've had more change than they have.

I'm not sure how susceptible their D is to the run, but it seems fairly stout. I believe their pass defense is their weak spot (for defense), so that may work in our favor.

On offense they seem balanced, but I think our defense has balance as well and our front 7 may be disruptive enough (though you have to account for ray rice as he is their offensive cornerstone).

When in doubt, pick the home team.

I'm going to say Patriots win this (I'm wearing homer contacts after all).

The Pats will win because...........

I will be at the game and the Pats are 3-0 in games that I have gone too.....

The End

The Patriots will not win because the Ravens will overpower the
Patriots' mediocre offensive line. No miiracles on this one by
Dante Scarnecchia.

My fear is Brady will get injured in the early games and the sreason
will go down the tubes. Waters screwed the team by not reporting.

The Patriots will not win because the Ravens will overpower the
Patriots' mediocre offensive line. No miiracles on this one by
Dante Scarnecchia.

My fear is Brady will get injured in the early games and the sreason
will go down the tubes. Waters screwed the team by not reporting.

This is a game where you try and utilize the running game and hope that Ridley can continue to produce.....If Ridley is stopped,I see little chance.

You also have to use Gronk in for blocking as a 6th OL on all passing downs and go with Welker,Branch,Lloyd and Edelman to move the chains in the air,no other TE on this roster has the size or talent to help this putrid right side of the line.

Last edited:
The better team///

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft