Who will win sunday night?

• Pats

Votes: 71 71.0%
  • Ravens

Votes: 29 29.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked the Ravens, though I would really not be disappointed if I am wrong. I think the Pats are struggling a bit on the offense. Trying too hard to get everything to mesh right now. It shows in some of their play. An example was on their first play I think Brady was trying too hard for the Edelman hookup I can't remember which back it was, but one of them was wide open with nothing between them and the goalposts. At worse it would have been a big gain.

Hopefully as the season progresses things will smooth out and they will go on to play in the championship games and win.

The Pats will win because...........

I will be at the game and the Pats are 3-0 in games that I have gone too.....

The End

I like it. Lets hope you bring more luck to them sunday night :rocker:

Welker, Lloyd and Gronk will all catch a TD, and the Pats win going away in the 4th quarter despite Flacco playing decent.

I picked the Ravens, though I would really not be disappointed if I am wrong. I think the Pats are struggling a bit on the offense. Trying too hard to get everything to mesh right now. It shows in some of their play. An example was on their first play I think Brady was trying too hard for the Edelman hookup I can't remember which back it was, but one of them was wide open with nothing between them and the goalposts. At worse it would have been a big gain.

Hopefully as the season progresses things will smooth out and they will go on to play in the championship games and win.

So glad you will not be disappointed if your team wins!

I'm afraid the Ravens will win handily. The Ravens D will feast on the Pats' offensive line. The Patriots defense will keep things close enough into the fourth quarter but will succumb to too much time on the field and Baltimore will win by two scores. Plus, the Ravens will be amped for revenge, the crowd will be loud, etc., etc.

Hope I'm wrong.

Tune, I'm shocked! Where for art thou faith?

Sadly, I expect a close loss and a deluge from the media proclaiming, "Is the dynasty over?" "Should we question Belichick?" "Is Brady done?" et al

Last edited:
With all the talk the about the offense, Waters/the OLine, Welker/Edelman, etc., I think people are forgetting about the defense. Our defense has an edge this year. What better validation could those guys have than coming out and showing up the Best D of the last decade? I think the offense WILL be 'meh' this week, but the defense will go nuts and put the league on notice.

Baltimore scores 13 max.

The better team///
The better team that night.

But I do think the Pats' D can handle the Hurry Up and stop the run better than most other defenses. To me the big question is which offense shows up for the Pats?

My fear is that Josh is a severe tinkerer and could disrupt the chemistry of the group, at least for a while. Game three is late to be shuffling personnel like a merry go round. I wonder if half the guys even know each other yet.

Baltimore will finally beat the Pats for first time in reg season. I hope I'm wrong though....

Reiss: Both teams have been excellent after a loss -- the Patriots are 27-3 the week after (since 2003), and the Ravens are 13-0 since 2009. The Ravens have also won 11 in a row at home. That's a lot to overcome. Ravens 24, Patriots 20.

Tedy: The Patriots will be better after Thanksgiving than they are right now. They are still getting used to the way Josh McDaniels calls a game. Their offensive line needs more time to improve and Hernandez's injury is big. Couple that with the concerns on special teams and you have a recipe for a loss. I'm picking Baltimore. Ravens 27, Patriots 20.

Patriots shock the world yet again and blow out the Ravens. :p

Ravens Front 7 against our shaky O-Line?

pain.jpg

Patriots win with a Brady 4th Quater TD to Gronk in the corner of the endzone with 1:01 left on the clock. Flacco goes 4 and out. Patriots win 21-17.

Maybe I am delusional but I think NE wins 35 - 17. Rice is tough for sure but I really like the way the D is coming together and hopefully the coaching staff goes run and shoot on the aging Ravens D!

1-2 = suck

jets 2-1 after this week = SB run

I wouldn't be penciling in that win this weekend for the Jets just yet. The Jets haven't shown they can defend the run all that well. Yeah, they shut down the Steelers scrub RBs (the Steelers in two games have 145 yards and a 2.6 YPC average), but that is not an achievement. They let CJ Spiller run all over them and Reggie Bush is only second in the league to Spiller in rushing yards.

I go back and forth about who will win. Think people are overrating the Ravens' defense. They have struggled against the run so far this season and I think Ridley could have a big game Sunday night.

Although the Ravens' defense looks to have taken a step back, their offense looks better. Granted the Pats' offense looks to have taken a step back and their defense looks better.

I think this is a game the Pats can certainly win. It will most likely be a brawl and I can easily see the Pats losing. I think the Pats may be better suited for a brawl than they were before though. They are trying to be less finesse and more physical on both sides of the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes