Who will win sunday night?

• Pats

Votes: 71 71.0%
  • Ravens

Votes: 29 29.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh i think they have a chance. A good one if they execute (unlike sunday). I just don't have the confidence in them just yet to win a big game on the road

Baltimore. Road wins against the upper tier teams are extremely tough. The Ravens' D may not be the stud squad of recent years, but they are still very good. Their CBs play smart and use just enough clutch-and-grab (especially on Welker) to be effective without drawing the flags...will make 3rd down conversions tough. The offense looks improved and may make up for the drop in D performance. Will be interesting to see how the Pats handle the no-huddle Baltimore has employed this year. Harbaugh is a good coach that doesn't "coach the game away" (think Andy Reid or Mike Martz with their stubborn insistence to pass when the run is there for the taking).

Regards,
Chris

I did not watch the Eagles vs Ravens game, but many analysts were quite inquisitive about the Raven's run defense as Vick could not be contained.

Our run game is not that spectacular, but I want to see improvement on the offensive side after last week's debacle.

Baltimore. Road wins against the upper tier teams are extremely tough. The Ravens' D may not be the stud squad of recent years, but they are still very good. Their CBs play smart and use just enough clutch-and-grab (especially on Welker) to be effective without drawing the flags...will make 3rd down conversions tough. The offense looks improved and may make up for the drop in D performance. Will be interesting to see how the Pats handle the no-huddle Baltimore has employed this year. Harbaugh is a good coach that doesn't "coach the game away" (think Andy Reid or Mike Martz with their stubborn insistence to pass when the run is there for the taking).

Regards,
Chris

Actually, the Ravens haven't been good at stopping teams on third down. The Ravens have been middle of the pack (14th) in allowing third downs (37%). BTW, on a side note, the Jets are worst by a wide margin with giving up a whopping 58% of the third down attempts.

Actually, the Ravens haven't been good at stopping teams on third down. The Ravens have been middle of the pack (14th) in allowing third downs (37%). BTW, on a side note, the Jets are worst by a wide margin with giving up a whopping 58% of the third down attempts.
I hope that holds true Sunday night. I want to catch the Ravens games on Gamerewind to see what their holes are this year...at least through 2 games.

Regards,
Chris

I did not watch the Eagles vs Ravens game, but many analysts were quite inquisitive about the Raven's run defense as Vick could not be contained.

Our run game is not that spectacular, but I want to see improvement on the offensive side after last week's debacle.

The Ravens couldn't stop BJGE the week before. The only reason he didn't have huge numbers is because the Bengals gave up on the run at the end of the game. Ridley is a better runner than BJGE.

Ravens always come close but rarely beat the Patriots. Patriots again.

Patriots when scoring 21 or less/One Poss games....

Their record is TERRIBLE in low scoring games and one possession games. From 2007 to this season, the Patriots are 8-18 (31%) when scoring 21 or fewer points. IN one possession games (games decided by 8 or fewer points) the Patriots are 19-14 (58%) in that time period. Contrast that with the years the Patriots won Super Bowls in 01, 03, and 04: in the "glory years" the Patriots were 17-7 (71%) when scoring 21 or less and in one possession games? IN one possession games in seasons the New England Patriots won Super Bowls their record was an astounding 22-5 (81%). That is an amazing number, and it is probably a record of some sort (11-1 in 03). Somewhere along the line the Patriots really lost their ability, for the most part, to win close games - especially compared to the past....

Last edited:
I can't see the Pats playing as bad as they did last week. I wouldn't be surprised if they win big on sunday and at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if they lost. This is one of those games that could come down to a turnover deciding the game. Damn is it sunday night yet? :rocker:

Last edited:
I picked Patriots for a couple reasons but I do believe the win will be last min and by 3 - 4 points at most. The two teams are interesting mirror images of each other in a lot of ways, although their philosopy's are different.

I'll start with each overall team obviously in previous years NE has been an offensive powerhouse with a defense that did just enough to win games and set up the offense. Now we have a young emerging defense that has been carrying the offense while it has taken time to gel. In Balt its the defense that has carried the team with an offense just good enough to win games. Yet this year it is their offense that has taken major strides forward while the raven defense has looked vulnerable. The reasons for both teams are also simular but opposite. For NE the offense line took a big hit losing both Light and more importantly the unplanned for loss of Waters. The Ravens lost the DPOY in Suggs and an under rated LB in JJ. Point being the patriot passing game isn't what it once was and the ravens pass rush is not the fearsome thing it once was. Pats still have Brady though and the Ravens still have Reed and Lewis so despite the recent trend how the respective units perform in this game is anyone's guess.

Both teams are fighting consistency issues, they both looked fantastic in week one in all aspects of the game, and they both lost a heartbreaker in week two. So which team shows up? Looking at how both teams have looked it is a little eerie how simular they are especially on offense. Weak offensive line with a good to great running back and plenty of weapons that have flashed potential in week one but were takin away in week two. Only difference and it is potentially a big one is Brady versus Flacco and Ridley versus Ray Rice. The Patriot superstar is at the most important position of QB while the Ravens still flow through Rice. What it boils down to for me is the other weapons surronding the superstars and in that the Patriots are better. Gronk is still the best TE in the league and assuming they let Welker do what Welker does he is still the best slot WR in the history of the NFL.

Looking at history and how the teams are built I note a difference in base philosophy. When the Ravens win they win big and dominate like few teams can, however they occasional throw out a real clunker and lose games they on paper have no business losing. The Patriots tend to be more consistent. I look at one player on either side that is a great example of this philosopy. Vince Wilfork versus Ngata, both are the best at their position and true gamechangers. Ngata tends to be a little more boom or bust in that he will make more gamechanging plays but disappears at times as well. Wilfork is the same guy every single snap and never gets tired. Yes to the untrained eye he is not as flashy but anyone who thinks he is not a force on every down does not know football. In a race the ravens are the cheetah and the patriots are the grey hound. Who wins? Depends on how long the race is.

This game in my mind will be deceided in the first quarter. The ravens playing at home will come out very emotional and pumped to extract revenge. If the patriots can weather the storm or even get out to any kind of lead they will eventually win. If however the first quarter ends raven 14 pats 0 I think it will be a very long day as the patriots are not built to make huge comebacks. My prediction is it will be at the end of the first quarter it will be Balt 10 Pats 6 and the final will be Pats 27 Ravens 23

ESPN showed highlights of Celek vs. Ray Lewis. Celek burnt Lewis repeatedly on seam routes all day last week. It is a good sign for Gronk vs. Lewis. Lewis is just not the same guy anymore and can get burnt in coverage.

The more I think about this game, the more confident I am that the Pats win by at least 2 scores - give me 30-17.

Pats because nobody thinks they will (outside of NE)

I will honestly say I have no idea what is going to happen Sunday night. close game, blowout scenario, both wouldn't surprise me since both teams have been inconsistent early this season. I believe the #1 factor will be the performance of the Pats OL. if the ravens rattle brady early, it could get ugly.

Who needs this more? that's easy, it's baltimore. the can't beat NE syndrome will only grow if they lose to the Pats AT home and NO hernandez. i believe the afc north will be more competitive so the 1-2 start will hurt them more.

Go Pats!!!

ESPN showed highlights of Celek vs. Ray Lewis. Celek burnt Lewis repeatedly on seam routes all day last week. It is a good sign for Gronk vs. Lewis. Lewis is just not the same guy anymore and can get burnt in coverage.

i'm guessing they are going to put a safety (that a-hole pollard) on gronk

Who needs this more? that's easy, it's baltimore. the can't beat NE syndrome will only grow if they lose to the Pats AT home and NO hernandez. i believe the afc north will be more competitive so the 1-2 start will hurt them more.

Go Pats!!!

agreed..ravens need it more..which is a big reason i am picking them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back