PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will New England play in Divisional round?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

who will NE play?

• Indianapolis

Votes: 79 64.2%
  • Cincinnati

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • Baltimore

Votes: 25 20.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling Bell will be out for Pitt and the Ravens will beat them. Also Green is really banged up and without him I don't see Cindy beating Indy. It will probably be NE vs Balt and Denver vs Indy.

I think Balt gives NE a scare but we ultimately win and Denver continues to run and beats Indy handily. Shaping up to be a NE/Den AFC Championship game.

Agree. Despite some impressive pass play from Big Ben, if Le'Veon Bell's knee is blown out as some fear, then they won't go anywhere in the playoffs. The bulk of their offense has been his running and without him, their run game goes right down the drain.

I'm waiting to read the reports today of the extent of his injuries. It looked pretty bad, though.

Last edited:
The Steelers can throw on the Ravens. Roethlisberger is very dangerous right now.

Honestly, I think there is a good chance both wild card teams make it to the divisional round. I don't know what the spread is, but I'll take Cinci's declining defense but strong run game against luck. A good run game kills the Colts. Cinci can pull it off as long as Andy Dal-pick doesn't show up. Seriously, the way I look at it, the only thing that idiot needs to do is not lose the game. Don't "Grossman" a long ball into a two high safety set where green is beaten by the zone corner...Don't force something stupid on third and long inside your own forty...basically, don't be yourself in the playoffs...
So...in other words, Indy is going to win?

About the Ravens... this is NOT the same team that got hot and went on their SB run a couple years ago. I made an observation during that season that they've turned their season around and I wouldn't be surprised if they made a Super Bowl run. There is no indication at all that they are on a run right now like they were then.

BAL's season ends next week IMO and if it doesn't it WILL end in Foxboro and I don't think the game will be all that close.

Really, you made that observation when they lost 4 of their last 5 games?

Oh no, everyone, hike your dresses above your heads, Baltimore might come to town.

**** that noise, I want those assholes and their unibrow QB to come to Foxboro and see how much mileage they get just hucking the ball downfield to not-Bolden with Browner and Revis in coverage.

Baltimore isn't coming to Foxboro, their seasons ends this weekend, bank on it.

Steelers win and Indy wins, NE gets Indy. :)

In my mind this couldnt have worked out better. Cinn/Indy doesnt scare me and woudl like to see Pitt and Denv duke it out. so really rooting Pitt this weekend. As for Indy/Cinn I dont think it matters but IMO Indy is pretty punchless and has a horrid defense.

I want Indy. They are a team you literally don't need Brady to play well to beat. Run Blount/Grey 40 times and watch out for Hilton. That is all you need to do.

I think teams that tend to cause upsets generally have a good front 7 that can take over a game.

Ravens/Bengals to me are teams more likely to cause an upset due to that. Also Ben/Brown (even if Bell doesn't play) has to make you a little worried.

I don't think Indy is the worst of the 4 teams but they to me are the least likely to put together a monster game that you just get blindsided by.

Give me Indy so we can run if down there throats again. Keep the goat clean.

I still don't get it. It will take a miracle for the Ravens to win next week, but they are the one team you don't want the Pats to face.

Personally, I don't care either way if the Pats draw them.

A non-Bernard-Pollard team will be fine, IMO.

I think BAL is walking out of PIT with their head up, it is them, DEN, and then GB IMO.

All 3 dogfights, have to drink heavily to ease the stress. That game 15 days ago in MIA? Enjoy it because we won't see that Pats blowout again for 9 months.

That is my objective reasoning, of course subjectively I would love to say we face CIN/IND then PIT then DET or something, but yeah right, this is the NFL.

A lot is riding on Le'Veon Bell, but I'm assuming that if he's able to go by Saturday, he'll be pretty ineffective. Based on that--and his prominence in the Steelers' passing game--I would bet on the Ravens winning and coming to Foxboro.

I think BAL is walking out of PIT with their head up, it is them, DEN, and then GB IMO.

All 3 dogfights, have to drink heavily to ease the stress. That game 15 days ago in MIA? Enjoy it because we won't see that Pats blowout again for 9 months.

That is my objective reasoning, of course subjectively I would love to say we face CIN/IND then PIT then DET or something, but yeah right, this is the NFL.

You make valid points in your concern of playing the Ravens, but do you have to sip the sissy sauce about it in every thread?

I still don't get it. It will take a miracle for the Ravens to win next week, but they are the one team you don't want the Pats to face.

Personally, I don't care either way if the Pats draw them.

If LeVeon Bell is out, the Ravens have a good chance against the Steelers' one-dimensional offense and that 27th ranked passing defense.

I think Pittsburgh will beat the Ravens regardless if Bell plays or not. I think Cincinnati vs. Indy is a toss up, but I think the Bengals are a better team but home field for the Colts neutralize that aspect. If I had to make a hard pick, it would be Indy at home, but I wouldn't bet on this game either way. It'll be Pittsburgh at Denver and Indy at NE. In the NFC, I have Dallas beating Detroit and Carolina winning vs Arizona.

i could see Indy being 1 and done...luck makes horrible mistakes and their OL and D is garbage

i hope its indy or cincy.......suggs, ngata, dumervil, and mosley could be an issue

that said......losing to anyone in that round would be a gigantic disappointment

You make valid points in your concern of playing the Ravens, but do you have to sip the sissy sauce about it in every thread?

I am an alcoholic I d rink every weekend regardless.

It is wrong, it is a struggle, but go ahead and bring the red x's I really don't care, I know I love Boston and always will.

To you it is being a sissy, to me it was how I was raised and how I deal with struggles, that is as personal as I will get here as I honestly don't care how I am judged. I have BAL winning sober and drunk, either way I have BAL winning and fighting us for at least 40ish mins.

Yikes!!!! Well hopefully you conquer your demons as the Pats conquer theirs. Be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News