PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will be the new OC?

Can't believe how disrespectful JMD is being right off the bat. Totally stripping the Patriots of 4 offensive coaches, including himself! That's low. That's a lot of consistency gone. And all we get in return is freaking Joe Judge!? whose not even an offensive coach.
This year is going to be bad. BB is going to either burn out or be overmatched trying to carry the O & D.

Maybe this (numbers offensive coaches going to LV), is a sign that BB is going to hire an outside OC with a new stystem.

otherwise, that is a large defection, and I’m wondering, if BB gave McDaniiels the OK

Maybe this (numbers offensive coaches going to LV), is a sign that BB is going to hire an outside OC with a new stystem.

otherwise, that is a large defection, and I’m wondering, if BB gave McDaniiels the OK
Right off, I’m thinking “yes” BB ok’d this. Why would McD (knowing the storm that follows) take the risk of burning bridges.

So the question is : why is BB ok with this ? Maybe a fresh start ? Maybe he didn’t like what he saw…. Dunno.

Looks like no one wants to coach for BB. Almost entire O coaching staff gone. I'll let you be the Judge of what's going on.

Well I expected Lombardi to be “the guy” but I guess I was dead wrong on that one. Honestly not sure at this point.

Can't believe how disrespectful JMD is being right off the bat. Totally stripping the Patriots of 4 offensive coaches, including himself! That's low. That's a lot of consistency gone. And all we get in return is freaking Joe Judge!? whose not even an offensive coach.
This year is going to be bad. BB is going to either burn out or be overmatched trying to carry the O & D.
JMD is showing how much of a POS he is. The Patriots organization, Bob Kraft and BB have given him his career, a hefty paycheck, and security. Now he stabs them in the back.

JMD is showing how much of a POS he is. The Patriots organization, Bob Kraft and BB have given him his career, a hefty paycheck, and security. Now he stabs them in the back.
It's a business. Ask Tom Brady, he'll tell you.

You guys are acting like this has never happened before and BB doesn't have a back up plan A, B, C, D, etc... overreaction.
I hope Judge poaches all the coaches from the Giants, that'll teach em.

This has happened before with BB. I have to believe that he gave McDaniels the OK to poach if it were for a promotion. Its not as if these guys he is taking with him to the raiders are geniuses.

Maybe these guys just wanna have fun. LV vs Foxboro, hmm.

Well I expected Lombardi to be “the guy” but I guess I was dead wrong on that one. Honestly not sure at this point.
While I'm not thrilled with all of the defections, this maybe, possibly...could be a good thing. Bill is now working towards his third decade with the team, and having new blood could help him assimilate some new concepts/ideas on how to keep up with some of the newer innovators in the league, much like how the rest of the league has drawn inspiration from Bill over all of these years. Even Judge and possibly O'Brien could bring in fresh concepts after viewing the Patriots from a competitor's lens.

At least these are the thoughts that will get me through this agonizingly long period leading up to training camp.

While I'm not thrilled with all of the defections, this maybe, possibly...could be a good thing. Bill is now working towards his third decade with the team, and having new blood could help him assimilate some new concepts/ideas on how to keep up with some of the newer innovators in the league, much like how the rest of the league has drawn inspiration from Bill over all of these years. Even Judge and possibly O'Brien could bring in fresh concepts after viewing the Patriots from a competitor's lens.

At least these are the thoughts that will get me through this agonizingly long period leading up to training camp.
The only problem with your take is that would require a new HC. We've been told over and over again that BB runs his system and won't change it for anyone. He does it all and then passes it down to his lackeys to implement.

Sooner or later Krafts are going to realize the dynasties are dead. Time to revamp the team from TOP to bottom with young, fresh minds.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back