PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will be our PR...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTS-80

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
assuming Troy Brown is gettin' a little old for that spot.

Faulk, Bethel. (I know this won't be popular idea), but could Jackson or Maroney PR?

PATRIOTS-80 said:

Faulk, Bethel. (I know this won't be popular idea), but could Jackson or Maroney PR?

It seems like BB is giving both Jackson and Maroney a chance to win those jobs. As we all know, their special teams contribution will be needed since Dillon and Branch/Caldwell/Brown are fairly cemented in their roles.

However, I think Bethel and Childress are most likely the frontrunners to win the job at the moment.

Brown and Faulk will provide emergency support.

This is also the only spot where Willie Andrews would be able to sneak on.

Last edited:
Our PR guy? Biesel, of course. He's a PR guy from way back.

pats1 said:
It seems like BB is giving both Jackson and Maroney a chance to win those jobs. As we all know, their special teams contribution will be needed since Dillon and Branch/Caldwell/Brown are fairly cemented in their roles.

However, I think Bethel and Childress are most likely the frontrunners to win the job at the moment.

Brown and Faulk will provide emergency support.

This is also the only spot where Willie Andrews would be able to sneak on.

If Bethel and Childress are the front runners, then that means BB will need to activate 5 WR a game. I agree that Brown and Faulk are more emergencies, which could give BB the leeway to come out of camp with a rookie at the PR spot.

BB trusted Bethel Johnson enough to return a punt in the Super Bowl - I wonder if he'll focus on that this T.C. I'd really like to salvage that 2nd rounder and have Bethel "get it," at least on some level, and live up to his potential. You'd think BB considers him SOMEWHAT adept at PR, considering how much he values special teams and what a big spot #81 went in to field a punt. No?

I am thinking maybe Andrews, but also VBrown the other rooks.. ZSmith looked good in that role in NFLE, but he is injured... I don't think BJ will be..yes he was used at one time.but I just don't think he has it..TBrown can be used in some instances when in critical situations where a decision is needed..believe me, I trust his judgement more than all....and just have to go back to 03's opening game and Branch's boo boo...Thre may be a number..Childress?? Others... A good battle at camp..

I vote for Willie Andrews. Think he makes the team as a returner and special teams guy that could line up as a dime back in a pinch.

I'd be fine Andrews making it - I'm a sucker for the players with elite speed, and we all like it when late-round draft picks make a big splash. I will say, again, that - at least on some level - Bethel "has it," PR-wise, or else Belichick would never have let him NEAR a punt during the Super Bowl v. the Eagles.

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is that Maroney and Jackson will compete for the spot. Our fifth receiver is another option: Bethel Johnson ot Childress or a fa TBD.

PATRIOTS-80 said:

Think about the Andrews pick this way: BB could have drafted Freddie Roach, Stanley McGlover or any number of defensive players... but decided on Andrews instead.

He sure wasn't drafted to be more young depth in the DB... we've got plenty of that.

rookBoston said:
Think about the Andrews pick this way: BB could have drafted Freddie Roach, Stanley McGlover or any number of defensive players... but decided on Andrews instead.

He sure wasn't drafted to be more young depth in the DB... we've got plenty of that.
From what I've seen, I like this kid. Bye, bye Bethel.

Andrews will make the team as a STer or not at all. I really hope that we don't have to use a roster position for a punt returner.

rookBoston said:

mgteich said:
Andrews will make the team as a STer or not at all. I really hope that we don't have to use a roster position for a punt returner.

We did it with Tim Dwight. BB called Andrews and told if he is going to make it, it will be on ST. I think Andrews will be given every shot at making the 53 as a PR.

PATRIOTS-80 said:
We did it with Tim Dwight. BB called Andrews and told if he is going to make it, it will be on ST. I think Andrews will be given every shot at making the 53 as a PR.

Tim Dwight was also used often enough as a WR.

I don't know if BB would entrust a rookie to be the PR. I think Faulk hasn't gotten the job because of his fumble issues. Maybe what BB meant when he said he had to make the team on ST's was more about KR, and he could move to PR duties when he got older and more experienced. Although if Andrews shows really good hands he might get the job, who knows? I wouldn't be suprised if Troy still caught the deep punts, because besides the boo boo in the Denver game he is still very trustworthy.

Attachments

• 1099193489_7575.gif
    1099193489_7575.gif
    20 KB · Views: 26
you gotta think that Bethel Johnson being traded slightly improves Andrews' chances as a ST contributor. With Troy Brown as the safety net.

Well now that Bethel's gone.....

The PR job is down to:

A. Maroney
B. Jackson
C. Andrews
D. Childress

With Troy Brown and Faulk as the safety nets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore