PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will be a Patriot longer - Belichick or Brady?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who will remain a Patriot longer?

• Bill Belichick

Votes: 41 83.7%
  • Tom Brady

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Belichick, by far, will be here longer. Brady wants to play until he's 40, but it's kind of hard to see it. Meanwhile, I think BB will be here for at least another decade or so. He'll have something to prove after Brady leaves and he'll probably want to prove it.

While I agree about Brady, I don't see how you can say what you do about BB other than as pure speculation. We have no idea how the job has affected him physically. It's a brutal job from late July to January and not much better between February and June. As for having something to prove, that's just speculation too. Sure, maybe. But I just don't see it.

While I agree about Brady, I don't see how you can say what you do about BB other than as pure speculation. We have no idea how the job has affected him physically. It's a brutal job from late July to January and not much better between February and June. As for having something to prove, that's just speculation too. Sure, maybe. But I just don't see it.

It is speculation. That's why I prefaced my opinion with "I think". :cool: None of us knows how much longer either guy's career is going to be at this point. Speculation is the order of the day here.

Don't forget that in today's NFL, with players taking much better care of themselves these days (year round), for quarterbacks, relatively speaking, 40 is the new 30.

I doubt it. He's already had one major injury and has taken a whole heckuva lot of hits; I'd be ecstatic if Brady gets three or four more years at the highest level and then another two or three at a solid level. Favre seems to be a freak of nature with his 285 consecutive starts (309 with the Playoffs).

While I agree about Brady, I don't see how you can say what you do about BB other than as pure speculation. We have no idea how the job has affected him physically. It's a brutal job from late July to January and not much better between February and June.

No job is brutual if you love it, and BB has said quite a few times that he really loves what he does, and feels privileged to be doing it.

I doubt it. He's already had one major injury and has taken a whole heckuva lot of hits; I'd be ecstatic if Brady gets three or four more years at the highest level and then another two or three at a solid level. Favre seems to be a freak of nature with his 285 consecutive starts (309 with the Playoffs).

It all depends on the fire he has. If he said he wants to play until he's 40 and still has the fire, then he will.

It is speculation. That's why I prefaced my opinion with "I think". :cool: None of us knows how much longer either guy's career is going to be at this point. Speculation is the order of the day here.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but your original statement was "Belichick, by far, will be here longer." :) Methinks you are trying to have it both ways, not that I would ever do something like that! ;)

It all depends on the fire he has. If he said he wants to play until he's 40 and still has the fire, then he will.

I have no doubt that Tommy will have the fire until he is 90. Whether his body cooperates is another issue.

The kick him upstairs people are a hoot. He is all those things already...and what he cares most about to this day is teaching/coaching. He won't do to someone else what Tuna attempted to do to him.

I also think it's a hoot that the person who felt it was a great time for this poll AGAIN precluded the option they will leave in tandem, just because he didn't think so. Oddly it's as likely as either leaving apart from the other. And not likely to occur for another 6 or more seasons since we do know Brady intends/hopes to play until he's 40...

Which means if we're lucky it won't be as good a time as any for another of these polls until at least 2013 or so when Bill's present contract is believed to be due to expire...

Not everyone here has seen this type of poll and not everyone has 11,000 feedbacks and has been on here 30 years so take a chill pill Mo

Besides there is and will always be contracts that are not completed in the NFL - If it did happen years down the road it certainly would not be the first or last

No job is brutual if you love it, and BB has said quite a few times that he really loves what he does, and feels privileged to be doing it.

Disagree. I know people that love their work but just can't put in the hours and take the stress after a certain point, especially as they move through their fifties. An NFL HC today is working 18--20 hour days, six or seven days a week from Training Camp to Playoffs and then gets to "cut back" to 15 hour days between February and June. It builds up and it's no coincidence that the trend among the best in recent years has been to retire by their late 50's.

Last edited:
Disagree. I know people that love their work but just can't put in the hours and take the stress after a certain point, especially as they move through their fifties. An NFL HC today is working 18--20 hour days, six or seven days a week from Training Camp to Playoffs and then gets to "cut back" to 15 hour days between February and June. It builds up and it's no coincidence that the trend among the best in recent years has been to retire by their late 50's.

I think if you still love coaching and challenges but are sick of grinds there is a place for you...same one his Bill's dad found when he wanted to remain in the game but have a stable homelife in which to raise his son...

That said, I don't think the Naval Academy should start counting their chickens until Brady appears to be hanging them up... And Bill has a fist full of Patriot rings and has to shift the ones he won as the Giants DC to the other fist.

I think if you still love coaching and challenges but are sick of grinds there is a place for you...same one his Bill's dad found when he wanted to remain in the game but have a stable homelife in which to raise his son...

That said, I don't think the Naval Academy should start counting their chickens until Brady appears to be hanging them up... And Bill has a fist full of Patriot rings and has to shift the ones he won as the Giants DC to the other fist.

How about coaching Lacrosse at Wesleyan? :singing:

How about coaching Lacrosse at Wesleyan? :singing:

If he's really fried and needs a break from football altogether when the time comes, that would be a distinct possibility at least until the HCing position at Annapolis becomes available...;)

If he's really fried and needs a break from football altogether when the time comes, that would be a distinct possibility at least until the HCing position at Annapolis becomes available...;)

Yeah, I just had this momentary fantasy that Belichick goes to Navy and someone like Cowher or Dungy goes to Army and...the rivalry is on. Return the Service Academies to pre-eminence in the College Game (OK, they still would have to do those three years in uniform) and have some fun in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes