PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who to root for week 16 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want the Colts and Chargers out of the playoffs; nothing has the potential to beat us in the playoffs like a top QB.

:agree:

I'd rather have the 14th pick instead of the 12th if it means we get to play the Jags instead of Indy.

Certainly want the Bears to beat the Jets. I want KC to win to keep SD out of the playoffs.

And I want the Raiders to beat the Colts and knock them out. I don't think it will make that much difference with our draft pick.

Let me clarify, I certainly agree that the two teams you cite are very dangerous for our success for the reasons you state. Of course I'd prefer the Pats making it to the SB over losing to one of them or anyone else.

No matter your personal preferences, draft picks or playoff opponents, this time of the NFL season is really interesting and entertaining given the myriad possibilities as the converge to actuality. Gotta luv the NFL.

Normally with the Pats, I don't care who we play. But this year, its like when the Gov't gave Harley Davidson protection from its competitors until they were ready to compete. Next year, bring em on, this year, it would be best if we didn't have those Titan/Colts matchups of yesteryear. In regards to healthy teams, I always want to play against the best players.

Normally with the Pats, I don't care who we play. But this year, its like when the Gov't gave Harley Davidson protection from its competitors until they were ready to compete. Next year, bring em on, this year, it would be best if we didn't have those Titan/Colts matchups of yesteryear. In regards to healthy teams, I always want to play against the best players.

Many of us are in the camp of we need one more draft and one more year of experience for this young D to be strong SB contendahs. Were we to win unexpectedly this year it's 2001 redux. I/m sure BB's yet to be written autobiography would agree.

In my lifetime I saw two unexpected events fall to the present from the future, Apollo in the 60s and 2001 SB prior to 2003/4.

Last edited:
Many of us are in the camp of we need one more draft and one more year of experience for this young D to be strong SB contendahs. Were we to win unexpectedly this year it's 2001 redux. I/m sure BB's yet to be written autobiography would agree.

In my lifetime I saw two unexpected events fall to the present from the future, Apollo in the 60s and 2001 SB prior to 2003/4.

Whenever someone brings up the 2001 Patriots, there should be a policy to include the picture. That would be the one of Tom Brady with both hands on his head, confetti flowing down all around him..............still get goosebumps.

Certainly want the Bears to beat the Jets. I want KC to win to keep SD out of the playoffs.

And I want the Raiders to beat the Colts and knock them out. I don't think it will make that much difference with our draft pick.

If the Raiders win they still have a shot to get into the playoffs by finishing 9-7. Now you're talking a drop from 14-15 to at least 21. Even if they miss the playoffs but finish 9-7, the pick will drop to probably 18-19. So if they win out we drop anywhere from 4 to 8 spots in the draft.

I don't agree with all this worry about Indy. Even if the Raiders beat them, the Jags could still lose a game. And the Colts will not beat either of the wild card teams (Ravens or Jets) in the first round, so they'll be out anyway - especially with Collie now on IR as well.

I'm rooting to improve Oakland's pick. If the Raiders lose out, there's a chance that pick could still land in the Top 10. All in all, there's about a ten slot swing in where that pick could end up (8-18).

The Colts don't scare me and call me crazy, but I actually enjoy our rivalry with them. I like the idea of Brady improving upon his 2-1 record vs Manning in the playoffs. Having said that, I have a feeling Tennessee might knock them from the playoffs next week anyways.

This thread always makes me hate 80% of the people on this board. The backwards logic and unfounded fears of so many people are just so tilting.

This thread always makes me hate 80% of the people on this board. The backwards logic and unfounded fears of so many people are just so tilting.

I guess this is as good as any place to post. I was looking at the standings and noticed a sheet load of teams with five wins (7). Of course, one of those teams is the Vikings. Not only that, but the Vikes play Detroit next week (4 wins). It is also possible, that Rex rests Jets players and they play the Bills (4). Thus, there may only be three teams with fewer wins then the Vikings. What's the determination of draft order with ties? Two first rounders, the first pick in the second round, pick 4th in the third round? WOW, that would be great to go with a WC.
Broncos just won. They play the Chargers next week, who lost and are out of play-offs. Stars align and we pick 3rd in 3rd?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes