PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who to root for....week 15 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bills (3-10) at Dolphins (7-6) - mixed feels here. I don't think the Bills can catch Oakland or Vikings or fall behind Carolina. So that doesn't matter much. And in my heart I would love for Dolphins to steal a wildcard spot from Jets. The would most likely benifit more from a Bills win. But in my heart I am going Dolphins. So I am leaving this one blank.

We need Miami to stay ahead of Oakland. Go for the Dolphins

Browns (5-8) at Bengals (2-11), Browns ain't catching Oakland, but their win might help with the Vikings pick. But I really want to see the second of BB's coaching tree fired this year.

Cleveland is only one game back of Oakland and now that their rookie QB is back in the lineup, they actually have a decent shot of catching them, especially if Pittsburgh has nothing to play for during week 17. Root for the Browns.

Chiefs (8-5) at Rams (6-7), take the lead from the Raiders.

Root for the Chiefs. The sooner the Raiders are eliminated, the sooner they'll stop trying. Plus the Chiefs can keep the Chargers out of the playoffs. And then there's the whole idea of rooting for all the former Patriots over there.

Redskins (5-8) at Cowboys (4-9), Maybe the Redskins can pass Oakland.

The Redskins are a sinking ship but its not unreasonable to think the Cowboys could win out to finish 7-9 which might be enough to tie them with Oakland. Go with the Cowboys.

Last edited:
I'd like the Saints to beat the Ravens as I don't want to see them in the playoffs, and I'd like Jacksonville to beat Indy for the same reason. Otherwise, I agree.

Here's my slate:

SF-SD: SF [:mad:]
BUF-MIA: BUF
DET-TB: DET
ARI-CAR: ARI
NO-BAL: pick 'em
JAC-IND: JAC
PHI-NYG: pick 'em
CLE-CIN: CLE
HOU-TEN: pick 'em
WAS-DAL: WAS
KC-STL: KC
ATL-SEA: SEA
NYJ-PIT: pick 'em
DEN-OAK: DEN
CHI-MIN: CHI
GB-NE: NE

Exactly. Would much rather have Patriots West win. :)

Also. I'd like to see a different team on the schedule that the Pats haven't played yet. Brady/Cassel would be cool.

Last edited:
I don't really want to see SD again. Hope Cassel can play and the Chiefs can somehow win out and win the west.

^^^^ SD is going to win the west you just know it....hate to root for pitt but i gotta

For some reason I was under the impression that Pats winning and Steelers losing was the only way to lock up a bye in the wildcard round this weekend but according to NFL.com I can safely continue to root against the Jets since a Pats win and Jets loss gives the Pats a bye as well.

SD is going to win the west you just know it....hate to root for pitt but i gotta

It's amazing how many breaks they are catching. Cassel doesn't get appendicitis and the Chiefs are in for sure. You could never go 5-6 in the other AFC divisions and still be in the hunt for the playoffs.

For some reason I was under the impression that Pats winning and Steelers losing was the only way to lock up a bye in the wildcard round this weekend but according to NFL.com I can safely continue to root against the Jets since a Pats win and Jets loss gives the Pats a bye as well.

No, a NE win and Steelers losing does NOT give NE a bye. It guarantees that IF NE wins the division NE will have the number one seed. But the Jets are still in the race for the division.

If NE wins and Jets lose it guarantees that NE wins the division and a bye, but not the #1 seed.

The Bills game will matter.

I'm sorry...must be personal but I'm just hoping and praying the Jets get slaughtered and humiliated ...I don't care about standings,post season,other matchups...nothing...just a vicious, back alley beat down that leaves the green pukes at a loss for words and Bart Scott and his big mouth in intensive care.

I'm sorry...must be personal but I'm just hoping and praying the Jets get slaughtered and humiliated ...I don't care about standings,post season,other matchups...nothing...just a vicious, back alley beat down that leaves the green pukes at a loss for words and Bart Scott and his big mouth in intensive care.

:yeahthat:

woke up like this and just can't shake it...I think it's the cumulative effect of all the rat bag backstabbing by these green stains of amoebic dysentery...I mean this clown Scott...he's blabbing in the NY press about all the great stats HE personally has against the Steelers over the years...his team has been humiliated, dismantled, destroyed and degraded by its own action s yet this pea brained moron STILL feels the need to run his mouth...no amount of pain is enough for these green turds today.

Maybe by tonight I'll be in a better mood...

Carolina up 19-3 in the 3rd quarter ... :mad:

But the Bungals are beating the Browns luckily - 16-10 ... let's hope it sticks.

wow ... close call today as the Panthers beat the Cardinals 19-3.

Luckily the Bengals beat the Browns 19-7.

Panthers have 2 games left, road games vs Steelers and Falcons.

No room for error now as the Bengals, Broncos, Lions all have 3 wins.

Well that is good that they are away games and against good teams. I am so happy that the Bengals won ! sooo big!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News