PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who should the patriots be worried about and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No team scares me more than Baltimore. I know we beat them this season and we've had great success against them in the past...but I'm just worried that they match up so well against us. I'd rather play Pittsburgh away or Indianapolis away instead of playing Baltimore at home. I'm not saying we couldn't beat Baltimore...but I think we should be most concerned with them.

No team scares me more than Baltimore. I know we beat them this season and we've had great success against them in the past...but I'm just worried that they match up so well against us. I'd rather play Pittsburgh away or Indianapolis away instead of playing Baltimore at home. I'm not saying we couldn't beat Baltimore...but I think we should be most concerned with them.

WHY? BILL figured out flacco and the defense is old.

WHY? BILL figured out flacco and the defense is old.

Bill didn't "figure out" Flacco...there's NOTHING to figure...he completed FOUR passes last year in the playoffs for 36 yards. Welker was out,Brady had broken fingers and O'Brien called 11 delayed draws to Faulk for minus 20 yards, along with swiss cheese for defense.The Pats were struggling to even make the finish line last season and the Ravens were healthy across the board. The Ravens defense has been blistered more than once this season and Flacco looks WORSE than he did last year. If anyone, it's the teams with REAL QB threats...Manning,Rottenrapist and Rivers.

Last edited:
Baltimore worries me...well, their defense does. The last 4 times they played each other, the Pats won 3 close games and got took one on the chin in the playoffs. Ngata and Suggs have given Koppen and Light problems, respectively. Pats OT win earlier this year was without Ed Reed. Their CBs are pretty good at clutching and grabbing (particularly Welker) just enough to throw off the routes, but not get caught...it works pretty well vs. the Pats spread. Would it shock anyone if they got a couple of cheap scores off of turnovers in a January visit and the Pats found themselves playing from behind?

I just cannot see Flacco taking it to them, though and I really cannot see Ray Rice tearing them up again like he did last January. My Ravens concern is clearly only on one side of the ball.

San Diego and Indy in Foxboro in January do not concern me.

Regards,
Chris

In the AFC, I think we can beat the ravens easily. HOpefully the Steelers too as we already did.

But what about the Jaguars and Chargers? Hmm...I know we beat the chargers but some of that seemed to be bizarre luck. Although I think we're playing better now.

Not sure about the Chiefs either.

Anyone is capable of beating us on any given day. That said, the Ravens and Steelers scare me the most.

The Saints are the only team that worry me and that will only be a worry if both teams make the big game.

The Saints are the best offensive team besides the Patriots. They are similar in many ways with lots of targets for Brees and now due to the injury that kept out Pierre Thomas for most of the year they have Chris Ivory to add to Thomas who returned to action this week. Brees regularly throws to 7/8 different targets during a game which includes his RBs, at least 2 TEs and his receivers. They have a brilliant coach too.

I just hope that the Falcons win their other two games(which they should) because the Saints cannot win the division unless the Falcons lose two games from here on in. If the Saints end up winning their division I expect them to be no.1 seeds in the NFC and to make it to Arlington, Texas.

San Diego in the AFC

New Orleans and New York in the NFC

The Saints are the only team that worry me and that will only be a worry if both teams make the big game.

The Saints are the best offensive team besides the Patriots. They are similar in many ways with lots of targets for Brees and now due to the injury that kept out Pierre Thomas for most of the year they have Chris Ivory to add to Thomas who returned to action this week. Brees regularly throws to 7/8 different targets during a game which includes his RBs, at least 2 TEs and his receivers. They have a brilliant coach too.

I just hope that the Falcons win their other two games(which they should) because the Saints cannot win the division unless the Falcons lose two games from here on in. If the Saints end up winning their division I expect them to be no.1 seeds in the NFC and to make it to Arlington, Texas.

We're just as respectful of your Pats as you might be of us EE, but we dont want to avoid it. We would rather lose to the Pats than play a lesser team and win. We hope you do not lose a single game and get to the playoffs , because your clearly better, so far. If we can make it, than we are as well. Its what we want, its why were here,lol. I just hope the boys can pull it off.

Your fans are just a bonus, good people.

Last edited:
Ravens and Colts, Saints and Falcons. Really, though, they just need to worry about not beating themselves. As was stated earlier, turnovers are key, both in the playoffs and in the regular season.

I know this is OT, but have you guys checked out SI this morning? This is a great pic:
550bd6c2.jpg

The Don Banks article is here: The indomitable Patriots are title favorites -- and it's not even close - Don Banks - SI.com

the pats should worry about only one thing, cris carter. if he picks them , it could get dicey. his eyebrows are a menace to society.

Right now the Patriots should worry about themselves. They're playing the best football in the NFL.

Control what you can control and have faith that you can beat whoever you face every week.

Agreed! :D:woohoo:

packers d will prolly give us sum trouble, man to man one gap 34 exotic pressure press coverage...we will have plenty of man to man to attack these next three games so thats good and it will prepare us for gregg williams pressure d in the sb against the saints this year

Ravens and Colts, Saints and Falcons. Really, though, they just need to worry about not beating themselves. As was stated earlier, turnovers are key, both in the playoffs and in the regular season.

I know this is OT, but have you guys checked out SI this morning? This is a great pic:
550bd6c2.jpg

The Don Banks article is here: The indomitable Patriots are title favorites -- and it's not even close - Don Banks - SI.com

That article runneth over with win.

The team just clinched a playoff spot and I did not see any signs of the team celebrating.

Brady + Belichick + focus = pain for the rest of the league

Why are we worried about the Chargers?

When was the last time the Chargers beat the Patriots in the playoffs? Ans. 1964.

When was the last time the Chargers beat the Patriots in Nov/Dec/Jan in NE? Ans. 1970.

In Dec/Jan in NE? Never.

When was the last time the Chargers beat any team outdoors in a cold weather stadium in the playoffs? Ans. 1994.

The Chargers are a warm weather team. If we had to travel to SD I would be a little bit more worried. (Or if Kraft builds a dome in the next month)

The Chargers need to win out to make the play-offs and get help by having the Jets lose 2 of their last 3 or Baltimore lose 2 of their last 4. Also, the Colts are in the mix, though I haven't sat down on the Tie Breakers.

San Diego winning out - OK.. I can see that since the face the 49ers, Bungles, and Broncos.

Baltimore - They have Houston, Cleveland, Cincinnati, and New Orleans. I don't see them losing 2 of those.

Jets - Pittsburgh, Chicago, Buffalo.. I could see the Jets losing 2 or even all 3.

Colts - Jacksonville , Oakland, Tennessee - Going to be tough for them..They need to win out to have a shot..

But, honestly? None of them scare me.

The Patriots should only be concerned about their next opponent...

One game at a time......

The way the Patriots are playing, I'm much less worried about who they play than I was four or five weeks ago. They've beaten all the top teams and just keep getting better.

Worry is not a productive emotion. Always focus on the positive, koolaid is good for the soul!

Ravens and Saints.

Ravens defense and Saints offense scares me. Brees would be a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back