PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who looks dangerous for January?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pittsburgh wilth that Defense who's giving up an average of 13 points is not overrated!

No, but their offense is a liability. They have lost all of their games because the defense can only be under seige for so long without any relief from the offense. Teams like that hit and miss, and if the ball is ever put in Ben's hands the way it's put in Peyton's or Brady's so often, they aren't going to fare well.

I pick the panthers, but only because I randomly picked them at the beginning of the year and I want to be right once in a row.

The Colts would be the cream of the AFC crop if they weren't forced to be a wildcard team; as it is they are still very close to the best in the American Conference. I'd have to give the nod to the Titans at this point only because they could face the Colts at home and, hopefully, in crappy weather.

The Steelers, well, if after their bye they get the Colts, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Manning strafed them. Again, weather is the X factor, and looking back at how sometimes Manning struggled outdoors against the Pats, the Steelers ought to pray for cold and snow (and that Parker heals up).

Baltimore, Jets, Denver are pretty soft, Flacco may be playing well right now but come playoff time things get tight and you can't win with defense if you don't score. Favre's a fraud and Denver only now is showing signs they could stop a JV team from Hingham.

I'lll rate the Pats if they make the tournament. For now, the AFC champ is Indy or Pittsburgh; I just can't buy into Collins winning a really big game so Tenn is counted out in a title game.

In the NFC - it's official, the Panthers are on a mission. Carolina wrecks the replusive Giants in the title game ( but don't be surprised if the Cards beat the Gints in a shoot out to get AZ to the title game. Of course, the Cardinals would be rubbed out in minutes by the Panthers).

Carolina over Pitt in the SB. The Panthers over the Colts in a wild one if it's 50 degrees when the Colts play at the Ketchup Field and make it to THE BIG GAME.

Last edited:
The Colts would be the cream of the AFC crop if they weren't forced to be a wildcard team; as it is they are still very close to the best in the American Conference. I'd have to give the nod to the Titans at this point only because they could face the Colts at home and, hopefully, in crappy weather.

The Steelers, well, if after their bye they get the Colts, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Manning strafed them. Again, weather is the X factor, and looking back at how sometimes Manning struggled outdoors against the Pats, the Steelers ought to pray for cold and snow (and that Parker heals up).

Baltimore, Jets, Denver are pretty soft, Flacco may be playing well right now but come playoff time things get tight and you can't win with defense if you don't score. Favre's a fraud and Denver only now is showing signs they could stop a JV team from Hingham.

I'lll rate the Pats if they make the tournament. For now, the AFC champ is Indy or Pittsburgh; I just can't buy into Collins winning a really big game so Tenn is counted out in a title game.

In the NFC - it's official, the Panthers are on a mission. Carolina wrecks the replusive Giants in the title game ( but don't be surprised if the Cards beat the Gints in a shoot out. of course, the Cardinals would be rubbed out in minutes by the Panthers).

Carolina over Pitt in the SB. The Panthers over the Colts in a wild one if it's 50 degrees when the Colts play at the Ketchup Field.

I love Brady as much as the next guy, but your username is crossing boundaries of an acceptable mancrush.

Scary to me as of right now:
Steelers - Defense wins championships
Giants - When they are in sync their running game and defense is damn near impossible, even without Burress I think they can make a lot of noise in the playoffs
Panthers - Almost exact opposite of the Steelers. They have mediocore D, but a ridiculous offense especially when Delhomme is having a good day
Ravens - Very well rounded team, Flacco is playing like a stud and their D constantly makes plays

Scary to me as of right now:
Steelers - Defense wins championships
Giants - When they are in sync their running game and defense is damn near impossible, even without Burress I think they can make a lot of noise in the playoffs
Panthers - Almost exact opposite of the Steelers. They have mediocore D, but a ridiculous offense especially when Delhomme is having a good day
Ravens - Very well rounded team, Flacco is playing like a stud and their D constantly makes plays

Agreed.

AFC - Steelers
NFC - Giants (from the very beginning)

In the NFC - it's official, the Panthers are on a mission. Carolina wrecks the replusive Giants in the title game ( but don't be surprised if the Cards beat the Gints in a shoot out to get AZ to the title game. Of course, the Cardinals would be rubbed out in minutes by the Panthers).

Carolina over Pitt in the SB. The Panthers over the Colts in a wild one if it's 50 degrees when the Colts play at the Ketchup Field and make it to THE BIG GAME.

The weather thing is overrated. The Colts are not going to shrivel up and die if there is rain, wind or snow. They have won games in bad weather in the past and it was cold in Pitts when they played their this year. People point to this years Browns game but I don't think it was weather that limited our offense.Last time we played the Browns we won 9-6. They are bad but have our number and they are always a trap game we sleep through it seems.It was pouring rain when we won the SB. It was raining, windy and cold when we won in Baltimore last year.

People need to get the image of much better Pats teams beating the Colts in bad weather in the past out of their heads.

Sure I would prefer better weather over crap weather (who wouldn't) but that does not mean the Colts can't still win if the weather is bad and we have enough veterans who have been there before. Our defense still can step up if our offense suffers.Who knows this has been a very good TEAM effort by the Colts this year and not so much just the offensive powerhouse show of the past. Maybe they are due to win a bad weather playoff game or so if they face it.Steelers beat the Browns in Cleveland by the same score we did but they get a pass. The Steelers offense SUCKED in bad weather against the Cowboys but get a pass. The Colts are supposed to be an offensive powerhouse so people always think we are softer and will crumble if we see a storm or rain cloud on the way.

Nobody in the AFC scares me much.

I think Carolina is very good too but after last night people are acting like they will waltz into the big game and win it.

Last edited:
I wouldn't count out the Cardinals.

A very good offense, they lack defense, and probably aren't ready to contend yet, but they could surprise.

I dunno, Carolina looked really, really good last night. Ridiculous stats on the ground against a very good Tampa D.

i dont think any team looks dangerous...

not the titans w/ a non existant passing attack

not the steelers w/o an offense

not the broncos w/o a defense

not the declining jets

not the tricky fins

not the unsteady colts

not the fake ravens....

NE however, in the post season, would scare me just a little bit...

Based on what I've seen so far to this season, I'd rank the AFC and the NFC the following way

AFC
1. Colts - the Mojo is well and truly flowing, and Manning has the monkey off the back.
2. Steelers - Fantastic Defense, but suspect on Offense.
3. Titans - I still find it hard to believe they are 12-1

NFC
1. Giants - abberation against the Eagles. A very complete team both sides of the ball.
2. Panthers - their RB tandem is simply ridiculous and the D is clicking.
3. Cowboys - the most talented team in the NFL. Mentally they think so too.

That said, as the Giants have proven, make sure you get to the playoffs first, then miracles can happen time and time and time and time again.

We are very lucky the NFL is giving us good games for the last few weeks of the season.

Steelers- Ravens
Cowboys- Giants
Giants- Panthers

These games will provide insight going into the post season.

two scarry words:

Manning Bowl

hmmm. nobody mentioned the Jets. What a shockahhhhh. :)

1968! 1968! 1968! 1968! 1968! 1968!

wait, i think Favre just threw another interception. hahahahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back