Welcome to PatsFans.com

Who looks dangerous for January?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by patsfaninpittsburgh, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patsfaninpittsburgh

patsfaninpittsburgh Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Opinions on who looks good for January?

I would go with Baltimore and Philly.

Pittsburgh, Indy, and Carolina look overrated.

It's interesting to note that the last 3 SB champs were essentially written off at this point in the season. Could Dallas now be a favorite? How about Denver?
  2. PatsFan2

PatsFan2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 1 / -1

#87 Jersey

Pittsburgh wilth that Defense who's giving up an average of 13 points is not overrated!
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  3. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Well I'll probably be way off considering I wasn't the slightest worried about NYG last year. But in my eyes -

NYG - Not as good without Plax, but still good enough. If you can't manage to move the ball against them they will get you good.

Pittsburgh - The only team to really hassle this offense since the SD debacle early in the season when it was a different offense. Ben is one of the harder QB's to defense, holds onto the ball long but doesn't go down easy at all.

Dallas - In ideal weather, the offense is downright scary. The defense can be dominant.

Indy- They don't wow you anywhere, but they have the best healthy QB in the league and an uncanny abilitiy to win games even when they shouldn't.
  4. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Carolina, who just ran for 300 yards against Tampa Bay to go 10-3, is not overated.

And id take Indy with Manning over Philly anyday.
  5. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

How about us? Teams that are overlooked have been dangerous the past few years. Considering we haven't been taken seriously as a playoff threat, who knows what could happen.
  6. bakes781

bakes781 Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I thought Carolina looked pretty good last night. I think they're built to succeed in the cold with that 2 headed running attack of Williams and Stewart.

I think the Colts are the team to fear in the AFC. They've gotten stronger as the season has progressed & let's face it Peyton is the best QB in the league w/ Brady on IR.
  7. signbabybrady

signbabybrady On the Roster

Ratings:
    +163 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

I fixed your post for you
  8. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Indy scares me. They've been playing so well lately. If that carries into the playoffs I wouldn't want to play them.
  9. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,362 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

If this young defense clicks, then yes. If it doesn't by Week 17 then all I have to say is "come on now".

As of right now, Carolina looks dangerous in the NFC. I've actually caught their games for the last couple of weeks and that running game is crazy good. Don't forget they also have Steve Smith and that defense is coming into it's own. Don't write off Dallas either.

In the AFC, it's obviously Pittsburgh. That defense is just way too good.
  10. patsfaninpittsburgh

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My take on Pittsburgh is different.

Two RM catches and a Gaffney call makes our loss a much different game at half time. I agree the Pats have to make the plays to win. However, there is no reason to think we could have been up 31 or 27-10.

However, we will know more when they play the Ravens.

Indy won the Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Pats game in hardly dominating fashion. Can they be counted out? NO!! However, these were hardly dominating performances.

Carolina was impressive last night but I wonder if their defense can hold up or if the Tampa defense is that good. The Giants game should be a big boost to the winner.
  11. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +54 / 2 / -0

I'll tell you who looks dangerous. That guy who shot Plaxico Burress.

I still can't believe they let him out on bail. Plaxico must be feeling a little bit nervous with him out on the loose. He might want to consider getting a gun so he can protect himself.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  12. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0

domination does not matter. they won in more ways than one. they beat cleveland without an offensive TD.
    everyone says their offense is struggling. when the offense rolls people say their defense is struggling.
    Bottomline, no one wants to play the colts because they find a way to win somehow.
    somewhat same to the 2003 pats who beat cleveland 9-6 i think or something - by no means dominating.
  13. BionicPatriot

BionicPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Defense would make the Pats look scary. right now we look vunerable to anyone.

I think the Steelers look the best going into the playoffs. I hope someone knocks them off so they wont win their 2nd title this decade.
  14. PatsFan2

PatsFan2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 1 / -1

#87 Jersey

Regarding how the Pittsburgh game would have turned out if woulda...coulda..shoulda...dont win games in the NFL. They control their own Playoffs destiny on the flip side we don't!
  15. patsfaninpittsburgh

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No one wants to play the Colts?

Says who? My guess is that five qualifying teams would love to play them if the bracket lines up.

It appears you miss the point there, pony boy.

Would it be shocking if Indy goes all the way? No, they are a quality team

Would it be shocking if they get blown out in the opening round? No, they benfited from bonehead play. However, the Steelers benefited from bonehead play on Sunday. Would you bet your life the Pittsburgh would dominate Dallas in a rematch?
  16. chris_in_sunnyvale

chris_in_sunnyvale Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Tennessee with Haynesworth, Bulluck and VanDenBosch is dangerous. These guys have been dinged up with all three missing time, especially Haynesworth. They are getting healthy and will probably be good to go full throttle in January. When all three are playing, Tennessee's D is real close to Pittsburgh's and Baltimore's.

On the other side of the ball, Kerry Collins has played well. We joke about him because, well, he's Kerry Collins. But if you've watched him play, he's had some great games against teams that have forced the ball into his hands by taking away the running game. The games against Indy and Chicago were good examples. Running back Chris Johnson is a matchup nightmare for the Pats and provides the lightning to Lendale White's thunder. Bo Scaife is not in Antonio Gates' class at TE, but he's definitely good enough to do damage against the Pats as most decent pass-catching TEs have done all year.

Regards,
    Chris
  17. TruthSeeker

TruthSeeker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The Patriots do not look dangerous in January. They don't even look dangerous in December against the wannabe teams. :eek:
  18. coltsfan09

coltsfan09 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, the season is not over yet...alot of teams are fighting for the wild card now. Carolina might clinch the division title after last nights win. Titans already won the division. I'm still worrying about making the playoffs. It's still a week by week thing...

I don't think anyone in the AFC looks that scary. As for the NFC, im not as scared anymore now that Giants lost Plaxico Burress. I think we have a better chance of winning the SB now...
  19. patsfaninpittsburgh

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This year seems to be shaping up like the last three in the sense we will know the spark for the SB run after the SB.

If Baltimore beats Pittsburgh in convincing fashion, that might provide the spark for a long run.
  20. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

You wanna know who looks dangerous for January?

Thats right, Nick Jonas!!!!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.