PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is your "throw the remote, WTF!" pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

midwestpatsfan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
We have all discussed the players that we like and love (see the Barwin vs.Matthews thread) but who are some guys that you absolutely do not want to see drafted by the Patriots and why?

For me, one name that makes me cringe when I see it associated with the Patriots is James Laurinitis. I know he was productive and college, but I have watched a lot of his games and have never really been impressed. I think in this defense he would get destroyed by the opposing teams O-line.

I also am not a huge fan of Aaron Maybin either. I know I might get some negative feedback with this one, but I do not see him fitting into this defense at all. He is a good pass rusher, but he is way to light to play OLB for the pats. He would be a spot rusher and I do not see him having much value for the Patriots. I will be happy to see his name go off the board before the pats pick.

Finally, another guy I am not all that enamored with is Darius Hayword-Bey. Do not get me wrong, he has great speed and good size, but I get that Chad Jackson vibe everytime I watch him. I want a guy who can do more than just run go routes all day, so give me someone else for WR.

I know not many are talking about him anymore, but Knowshon Moreno. I'd hate to draft a running back before Day Two, especially after a successful rushing season last year and a sweet pickup this off-season.

Make no mistake: the kid's good, just let him be good somewhere else.

I know not many are talking about him anymore, but Knowshon Moreno. I'd hate to draft a running back before Day Two, especially after a successful rushing season last year and a sweet pickup this off-season.

I'll agree, though I could palate (with reservations) Moreno. Chris Wells... I'll kill someone.

We have all discussed the players that we like and love (see the Barwin vs.Matthews thread) but who are some guys that you absolutely do not want to see drafted by the Patriots and why?

For me, one name that makes me cringe when I see it associated with the Patriots is James Laurinitis. I know he was productive and college, but I have watched a lot of his games and have never really been impressed. I think in this defense he would get destroyed by the opposing teams O-line.

I also am not a huge fan of Aaron Maybin either. I know I might get some negative feedback with this one, but I do not see him fitting into this defense at all. He is a good pass rusher, but he is way to light to play OLB for the pats. He would be a spot rusher and I do not see him having much value for the Patriots. I will be happy to see his name go off the board before the pats pick.

Finally, another guy I am not all that enamored with is Darius Hayword-Bey. Do not get me wrong, he has great speed and good size, but I get that Chad Jackson vibe everytime I watch him. I want a guy who can do more than just run go routes all day, so give me someone else for WR.

I have lots of WTF picks:

- Laurinaitis, as you mention
- Brian Cushing - steroids, injuries, and too much coverage on the NFL network
- Darius Heyward-Bey - Chad Jackson and Troy Williamson; need I say more?
- Andre Smith - road grader who doesn't fit our style, out of shape and immature
- Vontae Davis - inconsistent, doesn't play up to his ability

ooh, I forgot about Vonte Davis, that one really would suck. He will bust as hard as his brother.

- Andre Smith - road grader who doesn't fit our style, out of shape and immature

that's the same as my binky list! :D

Last edited:

Yeah, for me, its not a player, its a position. RB, I would be surprised if we drafted on one Day 1.

Clay Matthews --- hold it, hold it, just kidding.

Maualuga - I'd think BB's lost his mind.
Harvin - I really don't want to see any Florida players for awhile.
Herman Johnson, Phil Loadholt, Duke Robinson...

Is every WR with elite speed going to be another Chad Jackson or Troy Williamson to you? Because there's really no other comparison to DHB. Jackson was immature and lazy. Williamson couldn't catch. None of these things apply to DHB. In fact, Jackson and Williamson don't even compare to each other...unless you're also grouping them with Bethel Johnson, Mike Williams, David Terrell, and Charles Rogers.

Last edited:
Tyler Yelk.

Laurinaitis and Cushing

Any QB on day one.

Why would anyone be upset about Cushing? I think it would be damn lucky if he fell to us. Out of all OLBs other than Curry, he is the best guy to fit our system.

Mike Johnson (reminds me of Gholston).

Why would anyone be upset about Cushing? I think it would be damn lucky if he fell to us. Out of all OLBs other than Curry, he is the best guy to fit our system.

Well, if we all suspect that Matthews is "maxed out" at 241 lbs., we all know that the kid who spends thousands of dollars every month on nutritional supplements is maxed out at 243. Plus he just isn't a very potent pass rusher.

Clay Matthews --- hold it, hold it, just kidding.

Maualuga - I'd think BB's lost his mind.
Harvin - I really don't want to see any Florida players for awhile.
Herman Johnson, Phil Loadholt, Duke Robinson...

I don't want any WR from the Gators for a while.

peria jerry. i do not want that pariah.;)

edit : throw in iglesias too. for some reason, maybe it was that pass in the championship game, i don't want that guy.

Last edited:

Cushing??? I thought steroids were a positive not a negative. They make you stronger...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes