PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is your favorite 1st round "non-need" pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the thing, I wouldn't have a problem with the Pats selecting a TE with their 1st round pick if we knew they'd make a commitment to incorporate him into the offense. However, knowing what the Pats have done for the past couple of years, it would be an epic failure on the Pats if they took Gresham with their 1st pick.

The bottom line, this is a difficult question because the Pats pretty much have holes at every position other than QB. And no, I'm not saying this just about the Pats as every team has holes on their roster. In fact, no roster in the NFL is ever "set" at any position as teams can always improve. With that said, I will have to go with Gresham as I think he will be a very good TE, just not with the Pats.

He's the thing, I wouldn't have a problem with the Pats selecting a TE with their 1st round pick if we knew they'd make a commitment to incorporate him into the offense. However, knowing what the Pats have done for the past couple of years, it would be an epic failure on the Pats if they took Gresham with their 1st pick.

The bottom line, this is a difficult question because the Pats pretty much have holes at every position other than QB. And no, I'm not saying this just about the Pats as every team has holes on their roster. In fact, no roster in the NFL is ever "set" at any position as teams can always improve. With that said, I will have to go with Gresham as I think he will be a very good TE, just not with the Pats.

BB has finally realized the importance of a catching TE.
This yr is already FUBAR w/ injuries to Welker and an unproven tandem of WR's.... this will push BB to explore new options in his offense.
Gresham is basically a WR in his own right and I can see him being implemented quite a bit this year and in future years in the offense.
I disagree.... when you insinuate him not being very good w/ the PATS.

edit. we really didn't know what we had in Watson b/c he was injured so frequently. He wasn't bad....... but Gresham represents a much improved version of Watson that can be thrown to more frequently. At 6-6..... I already like this advantage when jumping for balls.

Last edited:
Not if you watch the tape.

Yea that is the weirdness with Haden. Maybe he just had a bad day at the combine; didn't run something like 4.5 plus?

Then on his pro day he ran 4.4 on grass. In the rain! Go figure.

It is hard to get a read on Haden. Pro Football Weekly draft guide says his tackling is "a work in progress -- stuggles to tackle in space". BB will not like that if true. Everything else sounds outstanding about Haden and the Patriots have really got to start drafting CBs who do not have stone hands.

How about Maurkice Pouncey Florida

I can make an argument about interior O-Line being an area of need.

Anyway, I'd have to go with Spiller. Dude's a stud.

Golden Tate. Like him a lot. but not 1 worthy..... w/ my 1.. I want Gresham.

Whew I just cannot stomach drafting a guy with a name like Golden or Dez. The Patriots need guys named Bubba, Mosi, Moose, Spike, even Deion on some occasions but please no Dez or Golden. ;)

More Mosi type guys please...

Nice thread.

I like Iupati.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes