PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is playing the last game as a Patriot tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Roter puzzle..OK..not a biggie BUT???

Well, there are essentially three types of suspensions:

-League imposed (i.e. Vick) -- don't count once suspension starts
-Team imposed (i.e. T.O.) -- don't count once suspension starts, I believe
-Unofficial team imposed (i.e. Kareem) -- most likely count even during suspension

I do remember that Mike Cloud did count before he was suspended...but that started Game One...and he was NOT part of the 53. If it's a team suspension I am sure a player counts...think IF that were NOT the case and how teams would abuse that. My guess is still PUP.

Re: The Roter puzzle..solved....

Here is the opening day TC roster.....
3 QBS---Brady, Cassel, Gutierrez 3
7 RBs---Maroney, Faulk, Morris, Evans, QHill, QSmith, Hairston 3+7=10
12 WR---TBrown, Childress, Moss, Caldwell, Gaffney, CJackson, Stallworth, Welker, Washington, Kight, Dunlap, CJ Jones 10+12=22
5 TE Watson, Thomas, Mills, Kranchick, KBrady 22+5=27
14 OL Koppen, Mruczkowski, Elgin, Neal, Mankins, Yates, Light, O'Callaghan, Kaczur, Britt, Hochsrein, Oldenburg, Hilliard, Barthhelmes 27+14=41
11 DL, Seymour, Warren, Wilfork, Wright, JGreen, Moore, KSmith, West, KBrown, Thomas, KSmith 41+11=52
13 LB Bruschi, Thomas, Seau, Vrabel, Colvin, CBrown, Woods, Mays, Alexander, Izzo, Bissinger, Rogers, Lua 52+13=65
15 DB Harrison, Wilson, Hobbs, Gay, CScott, Andrews, GWilliams, EJackson, James, Richardson, Sanders, Baker, Hawkins, Mitchell, Anam 65+15=80
5 ST Paxron, Gostkowski, JMiller, Malone, Baugher, 80+5=85

Samuel is NOT counted not signed a tender
or Meriweather as he had not signed.his contract NOT counted

There are 3 NFLE exemptions.. Baugher, Malone, Barthelmes.

80 + 3 = 83 They had 85??????

Having seen all the fringe players at TC....MY conclusion has been that 2 players were on RESERVE PUP from pre TC...How else do teh numbers add up??? Reserve PUPs are NOT coiunted towrd the roster limit as they are gone for 6 weeks plus....

I really believe...that 2 of the 3 PUPS that were announced today were actually on RESERVE PUP before training camp...given the so called extra 2, I really believe that Eddie and Chad Jackson and or TroyB were reserve PUPed then, giving 2 berths to players that could play.

It makes sense that it was done, but I really doubt we'll know for sure with an admission...but it makes SENSE.

I really believe...that 2 of the 3 PUPS that were announced today were actually on RESERVE PUP before training camp...given the so called extra 2, I really believe that Eddie and Chad Jackson and or TroyB were reserve PUPed then, giving 2 berths to players that could play.

It makes sense that it was done, but I really doubt we'll know for sure with an admission...but it makes SENSE.

How could the Pats do it twice? The NFL would stop it before it could happen.

How could the Pats do it twice? The NFL would stop it before it could happen.

Not twice...once I believe...before TC...moving the 2 players...Announcing it now is fine...we really do NOT know when it was done. Announced today, yes, but it's very possible it was officially done before...and would fit in with the "over 2 in camp" for the start of camp.

Not twice...once I believe...before TC...moving the 2 players...Announcing it now is fine...we really do NOT know when it was done. Announced today, yes, but it's very possible it was officially done before...and would fit in with the "over 2 in camp" for the start of camp.

But that doesn't work, Stan! ;)

The two reserve/PUPs, yes, are minus two spots on the roster. But that can only be applied once. The Pats could have gotten two free spots on the roster both in July and today. Since they announced it today, and the numbers work out, I'm guessing those actually happened today. So there has to be another explanation for July.

Besides, the Pats couldn't have gotten the extra two spots if they hadn't officially announced the reserve/PUPs.

But that doesn't work, Stan! ;)

The two reserve/PUPs, yes, are minus two spots on the roster. But that can only be applied once. The Pats could have gotten two free spots on the roster both in July and today. Since they announced it today, and the numbers work out, I'm guessing those actually happened today. So there has to be another explanation for July.

Besides, the Pats couldn't have gotten the extra two spots if they hadn't officially announced the reserve/PUPs.
Actually it does work. If you look at the start of camp, the number there was 85 when they were ONLY allowed 83. IF they were reserved PUP then, the actual total would have been 83 and the numbers work out from there. THAT was when the spots were saved as it seemed they were two over. Neither Jackson could be counted as on the roster after that. It was announced today, but do we really know when it was done with the league? I don't think we do know exactly. Remember, Eddie Jackson was not expected to be ready for months so if he went on RESERVE PUP, it would make sense. And also don't forget that Chad's agent was talking about a grievance...if IRed. I think that might have been what happened. The numbers work out for the start of camp 83 and fit in with the 75 plus 1 exemption now. According to the scenario, officially (with the league) it was done pre-TC...announced now. Is there a big difference in training, practicing between Active PUP and reserve?? I wonder. If there is another explanation...what would it be? The ONLY other one is an added NFLE exemption of plus 2 to give them 85. Maybe that is possible...but there was something going on that allowed them 85 to start. (Or 2 PUPed 83).

I'm going to work my way all the way back to try to figure this out, once and for all:

January 21, 2007:

+5 (8 futures signed, minus 3 NFLEs)
=58

+16 (reservists)
=74

-3 (Ventrone, Smith, Charles cut)
=71

+0 (Samuel franchised)
=71

-1 (Tebucky cut)
=70

+0 (Evans re-signed)
=70

-1 (Dillon cut)
=69

-23 (UFAs, RFA, ERFAs incl. Samuel, not incl. Evans)
=46

+3 (Thomas, Brady, Morris signed)
=49

+0 (Welker acquired, Davis retired)
=49

+1 (Izzo re-signed)
=50

+2 (Washington and Stallworth signed)
=52

+1 (E. Jackson signed)
=53

+7 (Bam, Mays, Wright, Kight, Britt, Baker, Mrucz re-signed)
=60

-1 (Bubin retired)
=59

+2 (James and Case signed)
=61

+1 (Moss acquired)
=62

+7 (UDFAs)
=69

+1 (Williams re-signed)
=70

+2 (Dunlap, Poland signed)
=72

-2 (Warren, Poland cut)
=70

+1 (Seau signed)
=71

-1 (M. Hill...)
=70

+2 (Gay, Alexander re-signed)
=72

+1 (Spann re-signed)
=73

+2 (Moore, Smith, Jones signed, Case cut)
=75

+3 (Richardson, Hilliard, Lua signed)
=78

+3 (T. Brown, Rogers, Hairston signed)
=81

+2 (Oldenburg, C. Brown signed)
=83

-3 (Smith, Nordin, Spann cut)
=80

+2 (Elgin and K. Brown signed)
=82

-1 (Hairston IR'd)
=81

+1 (Meriweather signed)
=82

-1 (Scott IR'd)
=81

-1 (Hill cut)
=80

+1 (Wesley acquired)
=81

+1 (Rivers signed)
=82

+0 (Jones signed, Kranchick cut)
=82

+0 (Miller cut, Barthelmes-NFLE cut, Patrick signed)
=82

-2 (Bissinger, Williams, Hawkins cut, Testaverde signed)
=80

-1 (Smith, Malone-NFLE cut)
=80

+0 (Samuel signed, Patrick cut)
=80

-4 (Jackson, Jackson, Brown R/PUP'd, Richardson IR'd, Baugher exemption expires, Samuel exempted)
=75

Actually it does work. If you look at the start of camp, the number there was 85 when they were ONLY allowed 83. IF they were reserved PUP then, the actual total would have been 83 and the numbers work out from there. THAT was when the spots were saved as it seemed they were two over. Neither Jackson could be counted as on the roster after that. It was announced today, but do we really know when it was done with the league? I don't think we do know exactly. Remember, Eddie Jackson was not expected to be ready for months so if he went on RESERVE PUP, it would make sense. And also don't forget that Chad's agent was talking about a grievance...if IRed. I think that might have been what happened. The numbers work out for the start of camp 83 and fit in with the 75 plus 1 exemption now. According to the scenario, officially (with the league) it was done pre-TC...announced now. Is there a big difference in training, practicing between Active PUP and reserve?? I wonder. If there is another explanation...what would it be? The ONLY other one is an added NFLE exemption of plus 2 to give them 85. Maybe that is possible...but there was something going on that allowed them 85 to start. (Or 2 PUPed 83).

The Pats announced those 8 (at the time) as going on the Active/PUP. As soon as the move happens, it's announced. A team can't wait to announce it.

Also, we both kind of forgot that there were 3 guys R/PUP'd, not 2. ;)

EDIT: However, you know, the most the Pats were ever over by was 3. The same number that were R/PUP'd today. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes