Asking for your support

Who will be our #1 WR?

• Branch

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Jackson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither will reach full potential by December

• This is pre-mature. We should not be discussing player potential, only player accomplishmentss

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • This is the Pats. We don't have #1 and #2 WR, RB, QB, etc

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Don't you have anything to do besides discuss recently drafted players. Get a life!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

spacecrime

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Is anyone as excited about Jackson as I am? Can he over take Branch by the end of this year.

When December rolls around, who will be out #1 WR?

no because i doubt Jackson becomes Brady's favorite..Branch was SB Mvp..he had ap retty good year..Brady called him his favorite target and said Deion is like his brother. It doesnt matter whos #1..we spread it around..its not going to end up with Branch over 1000 yards while Jackson only gets 300

Branch might get 900-1100
Jackson might get 500-700

Are you kidding me? Can you seriously over-rate Jackson and under-rate Branch that much?

I'm dancin' with who brung me, and hoping that the kid will one day get the opportunity to do for us as much as Deion Branch has.

spacecrime said:
Is anyone as excited about Jackson as I am? Can he over take Branch by the end of this year.

When December rolls around, who will be out #1 WR?

Only one way to find out - let them play it out

But as one of the chief proponents of Jackson leading up to the draft I know that he too has some question marks. And I never for a moment truly expected Jackson to come in and be so good that he dethrones Branch by the end of the year.

I feel with Jackson that we have a very good #2 - in fact I think Santonio Holmes may look like the better receiver right out of the box.

With Jackson, given time to develop, we have someone with the skills to pull in #1 type numbers. Ideally I envision he and Branch in the future being 1a and 1b WRs - neither having eye popping 90+ numbers but both in the 70+ range consistently

Jackson came to play at the combine

Time will tell if he comes to play in Foxboro. But the dude posted the fastest 40 in this year's crop of WR. Spreading the field deep with a truly capable route-running receiver, unlike Bethel Johnson, whose time may be running short.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/29/296410.jpg

Is Bethel no longer the fastest guy on the team?

Chad Jackson is faster than Deion by a little, with better size. What I like best is he can take the pressure off Deion more than David Givens ever could. He can do this by going into the middle where, apparently (I've never seen him play), he isn't afraid to go.

It's about time that the offense spread the field vertically. There's only so much that can be done with spread formations. The team needs the talent on the periphery.

Now if our running game could make some big gains a couple of times every Sunday, our offense would be truly formidable on the level of the Colts'.

I want some defense on Day 2. Middle linebacker and a back-up NT. I'm pulling for the big guy from Michigan STATE to back up Wolfork. If he went down our defense would lose a lot.

Call me stupid, but I'm gonna stick with the SUPERBOWL MVP (plus 11 catches in SB XXVIII), he could easily be a two time SB MVP, over a Jr. WR from Florida. First rd WR have a long and storied history of being underachivers at best. Grante the kid has talent, but let's see what he does against NFL defenses before we crown him.

Re-sign Deion, give him his money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore