PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who do you want the Patriots to play next?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which team do you want the Pats to play Next?

• Indy Colts

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Denver Broncos

Votes: 27 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
There are pros and cons to each...

Mile High Stadium is, well, a Mile High - the Pats are not as well conditioned to that as the Broncos and that can have an impact late in any game

Additionally the game conditions can be cold, snowy... which probably doesn't give either team an advantage

But obviously if the Pats were to be playing in Denver it would mean they would have a shot at hosting another home game

But my preference is take each game as it comes

... and I prefer to take on Indy sooner, rather than later.... perhaps when they are rested but rusty from not having a serious game in a few weeks.

I also saw a number of dropped passes last night that I attribute to the cold

Bottom line for me - when picking two teams and two locations to play... Denver or Indy, at 5280 feet or in a dome - I pick Indy.

JoeSixPat said:
There are pros and cons to each...

Tell me about it. I still can't decide. But, I just feel BB is better prepared for the Clots.

1) BB knows Indy best

2) I think the Steelers have a better chance of beating Denver than Indy, which would give us the home AFC championship game

3) Peyton.

But I do think our run D could stop Denver's attack, which would leave the game in the hands of Mr. Plummer.

I voted for Denver, because I think our run D has vastly improved since we last played the Broncos. And I'm still not convinced that Plummer can win a game on his own.

The obvious answer is Denver due to possibility of home game.

However, taking that out of the equation, would you rather face the Colts when they are coming off their 4 week bye OR after Pittsburgh kicks the snot out of them?

Last edited:
Willie55 said:
I cant decide.

Me neither, I can talk myself in circles on this one. I figure I just have to root for Pitt for the slim chance of another game at Gillette.

Don't really care, but the obivious is Denver, Pitt softening up the Colt D and the possibility of a home game in the AFCCG.

The fun part is that the PAts D is vastly different than the group that lost to the Broncs & Colts. But the 'experts' still don't get it.

If the Pats run the table this will be the best one (SB) ...........so far.

pats1 said:
1) BB knows Indy best

2) I think the Steelers have a better chance of beating Denver than Indy, which would give us the home AFC championship game

3) Peyton.

But I do think our run D could stop Denver's attack, which would leave the game in the hands of Mr. Plummer.

The Steelers however CAN NOT go to Denver because of seedings. So if Pittsburgh wins they go to Indy while if they lose it would be Cincy going to Denver. That just means would either have to have to face Denver anyway or go to Cincy for the AFCC game. The Pats road to home field advantage for the Championship game only goes through Denver next week and requires a Steelers win today. Any other scenario has us on the road for 2 facing either Indy then Denver or Indy then Cincy.

Now while there is no guarantee Pittsburgh will take Indy out, it would be a punishing game - knocking the rust off the Colts the hard way so to speak. Most pundits feel the Steelers will eliminate Cincy today - they're favored on the road.

I have a slight preference for the Broncos, but we play horse's a**es either way. :)

patsfan13 said:
Don't really care, but the obivious is Denver...

I'm just wondering why everyone says this?

What's our record against Denver at Mile High Stadium?

What's our record against Indy, wherever we play?

For me, a home game that may never come isn't an issue - I just look at matchups with the two teams at their home fields, and for me, the obvious choice is Indy.

i voted for DEN

i prefere go there then play Indy (for the moment...)

I've said right along that I'd rather play Indy. I don't like playing Denver at Denver.

However, Denver is an excellent team, but I don't think that they have improved since we played them. We, on the other hand, have improved a great deal. So, I think that we can beat them there if that's who we play.

In the context of playing one or the other, and NOT in the playoff context now, it may ,mean one thing..in context another.
Look at the matchups and one has to see Denver as the easier team. Plummer is not Peyton and our run D will leave it up to an inexperienced Plummer. Denver by far is easier than a rust Indy.
In the context of the playoffs though, it still HAS to be Denver. Denver means, a possible home game or a beaten up Colt team to play. Does anyone think that if Pittsburgh losses that Indy woon't come up limping a week later??
Playing Indy now means simply NO home game...2 on the road possibly after Indy in Denver or Cinci. I don't want a chance of that!! Especially if Cinci revives it's game!!..remember last year?? The balanced attack...
It's a no brainer in my book..a possible home game or two on the road??
Gee..I'll take the away games..duh!! Why play for a bye and NO game one week?? I don't see it at all...home field means something and the possibility of an AFC Champioship game here is the road to take...the easiest road is the one with a possible home game. Why would Indy at all be tougher after Pittsburgh plays them??

Last edited:
Belichick mentioned the extra day to prepare if the Pat's played the Colts, which suggests he would prefer to play them. An extra day to prepare is very important where the Pat's coaches spend so much time preparing for the playoffs.

I voted Denver since I think with the rules enhancements favoring offensive receivers, advocated by Polian, playing flag-football in Indy's Dome is not where I prefer to be this playoff season

Much more in Indy's favor than any "outdoor Gillette Stadium" venue ever favored the Pats playing the Colts there.

Let somebody else knock off Indy this year....cripes do the Pats have to put a stake in that Vampire again?

Just to refresh my memory I took a look back at our record against both teams in the Brady Era

Vs. Indy we are 5-1... with the 1 loss at Home

Vs. Denver we are a VERY UN-BRADY-LIKE 1-3, with the 1 win at Denver (thanks largely to a brilliant BB safety call)

So the obvious choice is Denver????? At 5000 feet???

All things being equal I think we match up and can beat any team on any given day through the playoffs

The lack of oxygen, more so than crowd noise in a dome, makes things much less equal in my eyes.

Loss to Indy at Home
Loss to Denver at Denver

Win against Indy at Home
Win againt Indy at Home in Playoffs

Win against Denver at Denver (thanks to the "Safety" strategy)
Win against Indy at Indy
Win againt Indy at Home

Loss againt Denver at Home

Win againt Indy at Home
Loss against Denver at Denver

Last edited:
Even though we have trouble out there , Im taking Denver, we will be more healthier this time...

JoeSixPat said:
I'm just wondering why everyone says this?

What's our record against Denver at Mile High Stadium?

What's our record against Indy, wherever we play?

For me, a home game that may never come isn't an issue - I just look at matchups with the two teams at their home fields, and for me, the obvious choice is Indy.

It's also a lot easier to root for the Bengals then the Steelers. :D

Just went over to the Jets board to see what their thoughts on Mangini were and the overwhelming opinion was that we get drilled no matter who we play...they must have forgotten last year when everyone thought Indy was gonna crucify the Pats. I'd love to see a repeat. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back