Welcome to PatsFans.com

Who do you want the Patriots to play next?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by JoeSixPat, Jan 8, 2006.

?

Which team do you want the Pats to play Next?

1. Indy Colts

18 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Denver Broncos

27 vote(s)
    60.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +114 / 2 / -3

There are pros and cons to each...

Mile High Stadium is, well, a Mile High - the Pats are not as well conditioned to that as the Broncos and that can have an impact late in any game

Additionally the game conditions can be cold, snowy... which probably doesn't give either team an advantage

But obviously if the Pats were to be playing in Denver it would mean they would have a shot at hosting another home game

But my preference is take each game as it comes

... and I prefer to take on Indy sooner, rather than later.... perhaps when they are rested but rusty from not having a serious game in a few weeks.

I also saw a number of dropped passes last night that I attribute to the cold

Bottom line for me - when picking two teams and two locations to play... Denver or Indy, at 5280 feet or in a dome - I pick Indy.

2. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Tell me about it. I still can't decide. But, I just feel BB is better prepared for the Clots.

3. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

1) BB knows Indy best

2) I think the Steelers have a better chance of beating Denver than Indy, which would give us the home AFC championship game

3) Peyton.

But I do think our run D could stop Denver's attack, which would leave the game in the hands of Mr. Plummer.

4. Willie55

Willie55 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I cant decide.

5. OntarioPatsFan

OntarioPatsFan On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I voted for Denver, because I think our run D has vastly improved since we last played the Broncos. And I'm still not convinced that Plummer can win a game on his own.

6. fgssand

fgssand PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#17 Jersey

The obvious answer is Denver due to possibility of home game.

However, taking that out of the equation, would you rather face the Colts when they are coming off their 4 week bye OR after Pittsburgh kicks the snot out of them?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2006
  7. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,134 / 9 / -2

#11 Jersey

Me neither, I can talk myself in circles on this one. I figure I just have to root for Pitt for the slim chance of another game at Gillette.

8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +252 / 8 / -12

Don't really care, but the obivious is Denver, Pitt softening up the Colt D and the possibility of a home game in the AFCCG.

The fun part is that the PAts D is vastly different than the group that lost to the Broncs & Colts. But the 'experts' still don't get it.

If the Pats run the table this will be the best one (SB) ...........so far.

9. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

The Steelers however CAN NOT go to Denver because of seedings. So if Pittsburgh wins they go to Indy while if they lose it would be Cincy going to Denver. That just means would either have to have to face Denver anyway or go to Cincy for the AFCC game. The Pats road to home field advantage for the Championship game only goes through Denver next week and requires a Steelers win today. Any other scenario has us on the road for 2 facing either Indy then Denver or Indy then Cincy.

Now while there is no guarantee Pittsburgh will take Indy out, it would be a punishing game - knocking the rust off the Colts the hard way so to speak. Most pundits feel the Steelers will eliminate Cincy today - they're favored on the road.

10. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +737 / 15 / -7

#3 Jersey

I have a slight preference for the Broncos, but we play horse's a**es either way. :)

11. JoeSixPat

Ratings:
    +114 / 2 / -3

I'm just wondering why everyone says this?

What's our record against Denver at Mile High Stadium?

What's our record against Indy, wherever we play?

For me, a home game that may never come isn't an issue - I just look at matchups with the two teams at their home fields, and for me, the obvious choice is Indy.

12. italian pat patriot

italian pat patriot In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +18 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

i voted for DEN

i prefere go there then play Indy (for the moment...)

13. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +190 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

I've said right along that I'd rather play Indy. I don't like playing Denver at Denver.

However, Denver is an excellent team, but I don't think that they have improved since we played them. We, on the other hand, have improved a great deal. So, I think that we can beat them there if that's who we play.

14. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

In the context of playing one or the other, and NOT in the playoff context now, it may ,mean one thing..in context another.
    Look at the matchups and one has to see Denver as the easier team. Plummer is not Peyton and our run D will leave it up to an inexperienced Plummer. Denver by far is easier than a rust Indy.
    In the context of the playoffs though, it still HAS to be Denver. Denver means, a possible home game or a beaten up Colt team to play. Does anyone think that if Pittsburgh losses that Indy woon't come up limping a week later??
    Playing Indy now means simply NO home game...2 on the road possibly after Indy in Denver or Cinci. I don't want a chance of that!! Especially if Cinci revives it's game!!..remember last year?? The balanced attack...
    It's a no brainer in my book..a possible home game or two on the road??
    Gee..I'll take the away games..duh!! Why play for a bye and NO game one week?? I don't see it at all...home field means something and the possibility of an AFC Champioship game here is the road to take...the easiest road is the one with a possible home game. Why would Indy at all be tougher after Pittsburgh plays them??

15. lobster

lobster On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Belichick mentioned the extra day to prepare if the Pat's played the Colts, which suggests he would prefer to play them. An extra day to prepare is very important where the Pat's coaches spend so much time preparing for the playoffs.

16. RoadGrader

RoadGrader Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I voted Denver since I think with the rules enhancements favoring offensive receivers, advocated by Polian, playing flag-football in Indy's Dome is not where I prefer to be this playoff season

Much more in Indy's favor than any "outdoor Gillette Stadium" venue ever favored the Pats playing the Colts there.

Let somebody else knock off Indy this year....cripes do the Pats have to put a stake in that Vampire again?

17. JoeSixPat

Ratings:
    +114 / 2 / -3

Just to refresh my memory I took a look back at our record against both teams in the Brady Era

Vs. Indy we are 5-1... with the 1 loss at Home

Vs. Denver we are a VERY UN-BRADY-LIKE 1-3, with the 1 win at Denver (thanks largely to a brilliant BB safety call)

So the obvious choice is Denver????? At 5000 feet???

All things being equal I think we match up and can beat any team on any given day through the playoffs

The lack of oxygen, more so than crowd noise in a dome, makes things much less equal in my eyes.

18. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Even though we have trouble out there , Im taking Denver, we will be more healthier this time...

19. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

It's also a lot easier to root for the Bengals then the Steelers. :D

20. Patsbacker

Patsbacker On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#26 Jersey

Just went over to the Jets board to see what their thoughts on Mangini were and the overwhelming opinion was that we get drilled no matter who we play...they must have forgotten last year when everyone thought Indy was gonna crucify the Pats. I'd love to see a repeat. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.