PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who do you like that may drop to us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
With all these underclassman that will go pro it makes everyone drop another slot or two. The more that declear the better for us.
Anyone you like that may drop to us now ? We should get 2 good players to really help next year.

I want Patrick Willis, to groom for a year or two until we need him inside. I don't care if he doesn't leave the bench until 2009. :rocker:

I would also appreciate a little Leon Hall. He won't fall to us though.

I like Patrick Willis too but everywhere i read on any Pats board they say the same thing.. BB won't draft a LB. It takes a long time to develop; he likes veterans, he likes DL more.....
Please no T.E. in the first round. We need more speed at LB!

I like Patrick Willis too but everywhere i read on any Pats board they say the same thing.. BB won't draft a LB. It takes a long time to develop; he likes veterans, he likes DL more.....
Please no T.E. in the first round. We need more speed at LB!

If a real talent like Willis dropped to us, I'm sure that BB would snatch him up.

We would have taken Merriman or Vilma if they had fallen. It's the same here.

I think Patrick Willis falling to the Pats would be a gift like 2006 Draft when maroney was still on the board, its a no brainer to take him.

I'm starting to lean toward MLB Brandon Siler of Florida over Willis. He's bigger, faster, but maybe not as good a leader.

Todd McShay's mock has us taking Jarvis Moss olb/de from Florida and
Smaarjda. But, P.Willis is on the board at 27. Give me Willis over the beanpole.
Would provide a helluva lot of athleticism to our lb's. But, better keep Asante then.

With all these underclassman that will go pro it makes everyone drop another slot or two. The more that declare the better for us.
Anyone you like that may drop to us now ? We should get 2 good players to really help next year.

Currently, there isn't even a reliable top 20 list, so it's difficult to predict with any sort of accuracy, who may slide. In another week we'll have the official declarations -- so that will help us. But after that, we'll have to wait for all of the workouts to see who slides out (and rises into) the top 20.

My focus this early, is to look at players who fit the Pats profile, which is somewhat easier than KNOWING the actual team needs, or accurately projecting the value of each prospect.

But to answer the question :), I want a playmaker for our secondary with our first pick. A Safety or CB with terrific 'ball skills'. The thought here is to take full advantage of our DL while we have them. Adding a difference-maker back there will be a major asset to team D.

Would you throw in a 3rd to move up a couple of spots to grab Willis?
I think he is going to be a star.

I saw one draft site say he's not even a first rounder. Too slow to be OLB, too small to be ILB, not athletic enough to be a star.

I know it's just one site, but it's interesting to see different scouts opinions.

Smardizja would be a bad pick. He has a budding baseball career and might not even play football. Why bother with him, and in the first round?

I would say

Darrelle Revis
Laron Landry

Maybe jarvis Moss.

No, I wouldn't, he may be a star but I don't think it will be with the Patriots. I will be surprised if they draft an ILB before round 3.

As far as people dropping I could see Reggie Nelson dropping to 22, based on what I have seen and read he could be used as a 3rd or 4th CB in year 1 and then take over at FS in 2008 when Wilson and Hawkins leave.

Quentin Moses, DE, Georgia could be interesting if he falls. A lot of potential but seems to be lacking the mentality of a professional.

AT CB I am torn, if they see a playmaker in round 1 I wouldn't be shocked but overall the approach seems to be to build from the line of scrimmage out. For defense this means front 7 and offense it means O Line and TE.

In the end I think they take their highest rated player at any position except QB and maybe DL. Adding a potential allstar would really improve any of the units, imagine adding an impact player at WR, CB, LB, OL, S.

Michael Griffin. With Laron Landry and Reggie Nelson (will declare) available, there's a chance Griffin may be sitting there at 22...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore