PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which type of team would you rather?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say that the 2011 NE and GB teams are fairly similar. Both offenses are great. Both defense give up lots of yards but about an average number of points. Having the best offenses and giving up an average number of points has resulted in the teams having among the best records in the nfl, as one would expect.

NE has a worse pass defense. GB has a worse run defense.

GB is 15th in points allowed
NE is 14th in points allowed

They both allow 6.2 yards per offensive play, the worst in the league.

GB rushing defense allows 4.8 yards per play.
NE rushing defense allows 4.2 yards per play.

GB passing defense is 7th in opposing QB rating.
NE passing defense is 23rd in opposing QB rating.

I am strictly concerned about the 2011 New England Patriots defense. The 2011 New England Patriots offense has more than held up their fair share towards the team's success to date.

2011 New England Patriots offense:

Yardage: 2nd

2011 NFL Standings, Team & Offensive Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Last edited:
I'd say that the 2011 NE and GB teams are fairly similar. Both offenses are great. Both defense give up lots of yards but about an average number of points. Having the best offenses and giving up an average number of points has resulted in the teams having among the best records in the nfl, as one would expect.

NE has a worse pass defense. GB has a worse run defense.

GB is 15th in points allowed
NE is 14th in points allowed

They both allow 6.2 yards per offensive play, the worst in the league.

GB rushing defense allows 4.8 yards per play.
NE rushing defense allows 4.2 yards per play.

GB passing defense is 7th in opposing QB rating.
NE passing defense is 23rd in opposing QB rating.
The 2011 Green Bay Packers have yet to win a playoff game this season. So let's not "crown their ass" as a former Arizona Cardinal coach once said. I'm more worried about the 2011 New England Patriots defense getting off the field during the 2011 AFC Playoffs and not dominated in time of possession by a margin of 36:00 to 24:00.

:)

I haven't crowned the packers. All I have done is to indicate that their flaws are similar to ours.

The 2011 Green Bay Packers have yet to win a playoff game this season. So let's not "crown their ass" as a former Arizona Cardinal coach once said. I'm more worried about the 2011 New England Patriots defense getting off the field during the 2011 AFC Playoffs and not dominated in time of possession by a margin of 36:00 to 24:00.

I still think the Pats 2007 defense was overrated. They had great ratings, sure, but I think a lot of that was from the amazing offense getting out to big leads in many games, forcing the other team to get desperate and make mistakes. Certainly our rushing defense was boosted by that effect.

I think that team was voted one of the best off all time, Im not sure of where it was placed but it was in the top ten.

Are you talking about the america's game rankings? It was voted no.9. I honestly believe that team could play and beat anybody.

good D and good O...

right now we just have good O and horrible D..won't go far in playoffs with that

Are you talking about the america's game rankings? It was voted no.9. I honestly believe that team could play and beat anybody.

Yes, that was it, Id put that team up against any team in history and take my chances.

Last edited:
Brady on a ravens type team, he can get it done with jags at WR no problem.

Brady on a ravens type team, he can get it done with jags at WR no problem.
I would not consider Anquan Boldin a JAG wide receiver. Torrey Smith is a talented rookie wide receiver. Ed ****son is a competent young tight end. Dennis Pitta is not a stiff at the tight end position either. Ray Rice is a dual threat running back. If there is an issue with the Baltimore Ravens offense, the Baltimore Ravens lack depth at the skill positions.

I would not consider Anquan Boldin a JAG wide receiver. Torrey Smith is a talented rookie wide receiver. Ed ****son is a competent young tight end. Dennis Pitta is not a stiff at the tight end position either. Ray Rice is a dual threat running back. If there is an issue with the Baltimore Ravens offense, the Baltimore Ravens lack depth at the skill positions.

I meant a ravens type defense, wasn't refering to receivers or their offense just meant with dominant D like that he could get by with an average receiving core. my bad on the wording

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick