PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which Saints receiver worries you the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, Manning has as many interceptions as Brees this year. I do believe that he (Brees) is in the same sentence as Brady and Manning. However, I do not claim that our receivers are great. They are good, and the QB helps make them look good. To a lot of fans, they appear to be more open than they are, because Brees is that accurate. (much like Brady)

He isn't, man.

Most people are a neutral fan will tell you this. There is Brady and Manning, then everyone else. I put Brees in the same tier as Rivers...Fantastic QB, but not the best.

When all of these players are retired, Brady and Manning will be talked about as 2 of the 5 best QBs to ever play. Brees likely won't be in that discussion. That alone takes him out of the Brady, Manning conversation.

He isn't, man.

Most people are a neutral fan will tell you this. There is Brady and Manning, then everyone else. I put Brees in the same tier as Rivers...Fantastic QB, but not the best.

When all of these players are retired, Brady and Manning will be talked about as 2 of the 5 best QBs to ever play. Brees likely won't be in that discussion. That alone takes him out of the Brady, Manning conversation.

Lets wait till after Brees wins a few championships to determine that, mmmkay?

Actually all he needs is one. Even Peyton got criticized till he finally won the big one.

Actually all he needs is one. Even Peyton got criticized till he finally won the big one.
Manning has considerably better statistics than Brees though....

Manning was going to be one known as one of the best all time whether he got a ring or not.

Manning has considerably better statistics than Brees though....

I respect Manning being a native of La. and give him all the props he deserves. I and a lot of the locals support him, but Brees came into the league 3 seasons after Manning, and didn't even start his rookie season. He started hitting his stride in 2004. I only really pay attention to his stats after he came to the Saints though(2006) with his newly rebuilt bionic arm. There's still plenty of football left in the Brees.

I respect Manning being a native of La. and give him all the props he deserves. I and a lot of the locals support him, but Brees came into the league 3 seasons after Manning, and didn't even start his rookie season. He started hitting his stride in 2004. I only really pay attention to his stats after he came to the Saints though(2006) with his newly rebuilt bionic arm. There's still plenty of football left in the Brees.
So you only choose to pay attention to what you want too? That's a little strange don't you think. You take a whole career, not some of it. That's like ignoring Brady's 2008. You can't.

Last edited:
Yea i think we have to worry about marvin harrison, he has been lighting it up for them this year.

Saints Receiver thats going to worry me the most is Marques coolz because he is really taller then asante samuel

So you only choose to pay attention to what you want too? That's a little strange don't you think. You take a whole career, not some of it. That's like ignoring Brady's 2008. You can't.

I hear you, but the Brees of today is what is being mentioned in the same breath as Manning and Brady, making Marino sweat his passing record, and can ultimately end up in the HOF. And what he does with the Saints is all that concerns Saints fans.

Marques Colston. He may have his way with Asante Samuel.

I'm probably going to be in the vast minority here but for me it's Reggie Bush. For other teams it's probably different but I believe the Pats will take away the deep balls and make the Saints work the ball down the field slowly with hope that they make mistakes or turn the ball over. If that's the case tackling Bush is going to be very important. The Pats while solid overall have given up some big plays this year on missed tackles. I can see them dropping 8 in some circumstances. I don't think they'll biltz or send more than 4 more than a handful of times fearing the big plays.

I also hope this strategy doesn't leave the defense gassed in the 4th quarter again.

I'm probably going to be in the vast minority here but for me it's Reggie Bush. For other teams it's probably different but I believe the Pats will take away the deep balls and make the Saints work the ball down the field slowly with hope that they make mistakes or turn the ball over. If that's the case tackling Bush is going to be very important. The Pats while solid overall have given up some big plays this year on missed tackles. I can see them dropping 8 in some circumstances. I don't think they'll biltz or send more than 4 more than a handful of times fearing the big plays.

I also hope this strategy doesn't leave the defense gassed in the 4th quarter again.

Pretty sure he's a halfback. haha I kid. I actually agree, he's a threat on the screen pass.

I can see your point cuz Reggie is the X factor and could explode in any game.

Coach Payton has been saving him for the second half of the season(due to his injury history) so it very well could be his time to shine.

Just wanted to say that I'm pretty impressed with how well you Pats fans know our personnel. Other teams' message boards have no clue.

We have a wide variety of recieving weapons. While some pats fan on this board pointed out that all 8 or 9 threats on our team can't be on the field at the same time, just remember that Payton is masterful with his substitutions. We move all of these guys all over the field, and in and out of the game, constantly.

Colston is our top receiver, hands down. The thing is, if he's being blanketed, we wont target him as much because our offense is so balanced.

Moore, if he plays, is a very viable possession receiving threat. He's often referred to as a poor man's welker.

Henderson is a pure deep threat that is now running better routes and holding on the ball more effectively. Possibly the fastest NFL reciever in turns of straight-line speed.

Meachem is in his third year and is just figuring it out. It seems like the mental part of the game is finally catching up to his phenomenal physical talent. He's the best speed/size combo on the team.

Bush is a great reciever out of the backfield. He's not a bust at all. He's not a savior either. He's become an excellent role player.

Shockey seems to be an emotional leader of our offense. His catches are often electrifying, and he plays with awesome verve and energy.

We love that you guys sent us Dave Thomas. Not sure what kind of Patriot he was, but he's been very solid for us.

Marques Coolz huh?

Dude is Way Out There, and Asante is gonna have his hands full come Monday Night!!

Just wanted to say that I'm pretty impressed with how well you Pats fans know our personnel. Other teams' message boards have no clue.

We have a wide variety of recieving weapons. While some pats fan on this board pointed out that all 8 or 9 threats on our team can't be on the field at the same time, just remember that Payton is masterful with his substitutions. We move all of these guys all over the field, and in and out of the game, constantly.

Colston is our top receiver, hands down. The thing is, if he's being blanketed, we wont target him as much because our offense is so balanced.

Moore, if he plays, is a very viable possession receiving threat. He's often referred to as a poor man's welker.

Henderson is a pure deep threat that is now running better routes and holding on the ball more effectively. Possibly the fastest NFL reciever in turns of straight-line speed.

Meachem is in his third year and is just figuring it out. It seems like the mental part of the game is finally catching up to his phenomenal physical talent. He's the best speed/size combo on the team.

Bush is a great reciever out of the backfield. He's not a bust at all. He's not a savior either. He's become an excellent role player.

Shockey seems to be an emotional leader of our offense. His catches are often electrifying, and he plays with awesome verve and energy.

We love that you guys sent us Dave Thomas. Not sure what kind of Patriot he was, but he's been very solid for us.

:rofl: The poor man's Welker is a very funny word choice, and it cracked me up, but its probably true. I see him as a threat who may be overlooked because he doesn't get the hype of Colston, Shockey, or Bush.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore