Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which pick did you dislike most when the pick was made ?

• Richard Seymour

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Ty Warren

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Daniel Graham

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Vince Wilfork

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ben Watson

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • Logan Mankins

Votes: 16 28.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
at the time of the pick ?

Last edited:
Watson for me. Although I love the pick now. Before the pick I remember saying "anything but a Tight End" and . . . whammo :D

BelichickFan said:
at the time of the pick ?

Chris Canty and then Football Phil Olsen, and Dennis Byrd.

I can't say I was really disappointed with any of them when the picks were made. Seymour was surprising at the time, but hardly disappointing, since I'm a big proponent of drafting defense early and loading up there. Watson sort of wins by default, since we already had Graham. Not one would I say I was disappointed in at the time of the draft.

Ty Warren. Predraft reports had said that he was inconsistant & had a bad motor. I remember thinking, "we traded up for that?" I should put more faith in SP & BB, and less in the free scouting available over the internet.

SamBamsFan said:
I should put more faith in SP & BB, and less in the free scouting available over the internet.
That's why I won't disappointed with our #1 pick tomorrow. When you look at the list of #1 picks, it's easy to assume they know what they're doing. I still want Manny Lawson, though, although if Soloman is right that Vrabel wants to go back outside, that would put a crimp in my plans :)

Toss up between Watson and Graham, but I'll go with Graham since the Pats traded up in the draft to get this guy.

Eugene Chung. Oh he's not an option.

Hoodie said:
Eugene Chung. Oh he's not an option.

"None of the Above" should be an option for Beoli picks - we need to go back to previous administrations to really find picks like "Everybody Gene Chung Tonight" and Chris "Can't" Canty

Last edited:
Seymour, but more for who else was on the board at the time than any doubts as to his ability.

I hate to get shot down here, but I actually didn't like any of them except Wilfork, lol.

Ben Watson

gets my vote...guy has all the physical attributes for a TE but where are the results? Heath Miller, Antonio Gates, and Dallas Clark are progressing faster than Ben.

How could Logan Mankins get any votes. Guy played the entire season. And other then his problem with punching other guys in the nuts he did well.

Last edited:
I'll fess up -- I was aghast at the Seymour selection versus David Terrell. :eek:

No need to remind me how that turned out.

:rolleyes:

I dont know how Seymour dissapoints some of you when hes arguably the most talented DL in the game today..only dissapointment i see is probably him missing games because of little injuries but hes dominant..sometimes a little too aggresive and gets stupid penalties but hes very good and his best days are ahead of him and reason none of our DEs get a lot of sacks is because the 3-4 is usually better for OLBs to get the sacks but Seymour is always pressuring..Warren has been steadily improving while Wilfork anchored our line pretty well at end of season when Bruschi came back and we got our pressuring the QB in more. Watson is a freak..1 of the fastest on the team and strongest..needs to concentrate a little more on catching but i think he'll play huge role for us upcoming seasons. Mankins played well in his rookie season and Graham is in the contract year but has shown flashes and I just wish we can hold on to him because hes made some big plays most recently against ATL with that huge catch and runn

There's at least two of you that aren't getting this.

The question is which player's selection disappointed you when his name was announced on draft day?

And the patriots trade up!!! We were all excited that we were getting Napolean Harris. Then Graham's name was announced.

For me, it is Graham hands down.

Last edited:
Since reading comprehension seems to be an issue, I'll point out the poll title again. It's which pick you were most disappointed in *when the pick was made*. Not now, but when you first heard about the pick, presumably on draft day.

Logan Mankins selection dissapointed me..hes not a guy you can get all excited about because hes an OL and worse than that..he was maybe selected ahead of a lot of better ranked OL in the draft.

GoWhalers said:
I'll fess up -- I was aghast at the Seymour selection versus David Terrell. :eek:

No need to remind me how that turned out.

:rolleyes:

Thanks for the honesty... but I was STOKED with Seymour (though will admit I thought Terrell would be good)

JoeSixPat said:
"None of the Above" should be an option for Beoli picks - we need to go back to previous administrations to really find picks like "Everybody Gene Chung Tonight" and Chris "Can't" Canty

Awwww so you're saying Hart Lee Dykes can't be mine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft