Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which pick did you dislike most when the pick was made ?

• Richard Seymour

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Ty Warren

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Daniel Graham

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Vince Wilfork

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ben Watson

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • Logan Mankins

Votes: 16 28.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly OT, for Rab

My my my. I guess Watson's year out for injury does not register here... or his 05 season.. or the fact that he'll block, catch, or pretty much do anything else you ask him to...

Here's the good news. He's progressing faster than Kellen Winslow. Here's the bad news. Antonio Gates is the heir to Tony Gonzales.

Here's some pretty good news - Watson (along with Graham) go in the tier right below Gates, playing anywhere else. Yeah, right where you find your Todd Heaps and Jeremy Shockeys. Anybody else you know have two of them and shooting for 3?

Okay, I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

PFnV

Andy Katzenmoyer. Uggh what a waste.

PatsFanInVa said:
Awwww so you're saying Hart Lee Dykes can't be mine?

Only if I can have Trevor Matich!

VJCPatriot said:
Andy Katzenmoyer. Uggh what a waste.

I thought Katzenmoyer played extremely well until he suffered a career-ending injury.

SamBamsFan said:
Ty Warren. Predraft reports had said that he was inconsistant & had a bad motor. I remember thinking, "we traded up for that?" I should put more faith in SP & BB, and less in the free scouting available over the internet.

I was dubious of this action as well, not quote disappointed, but suspicious that they had reached for him.

Glad to be wrong...

mgteich said:
And the patriots trade up!!! We were all excited that we were getting Napolean Harris. Then Graham's name was announced.

For me, it is Graham hands down.

At least Graham was well known coming out of Colorado. I think he won the award for best collegiate TE. We were also in need of a TE as Jermaine Wiggins left for the Vikings during the free agency period. Watson on the other hand wasn't near as productive and was more of a workout warrior... we also had Graham and Fauria. I thought the Watson pick was a complete waste.

dryheat44 said:
I thought Katzenmoyer played extremely well until he suffered a career-ending injury.

I wouldn't say extremely well, but he filled in admirably at the start of his career. I can't say I blame him for shying away from playing after a neck injury.

BelichickFan said:
Watson for me. Although I love the pick now. Before the pick I remember saying "anything but a Tight End" and . . . whammo :D

don't you dare say anything about a TE tomorrow

I vote Mankins because when he was selected it was a pure WTF moment for me.

sieglo said:

Yeah there was zero talk about Mankins prior to the draft...

Although the selection of Watson, when you've already got Fauria and Graham? What are they saying, Graham is a mistake? Oh my God, the sky is falling the sky is falling!!!

That's why my current approach to Pats' draft-day surprises is to look at them, try to see what they like about them, and wait for it to come true. The only guys they've drafted where it's been immediately easy to see was Bethel and Branch, for the speed.

1 for 2 on the "workout wonders" so far ;)

PFnV

sieglo said:
:yeahthat: :agree: Same here!

PatsChick87 said:
:yeahthat: :agree: Same here!

Ditto here too. I looked at a dozen mocks and did not see that name anywhere.

I did not have a problem with any of the others. I will not be upset if they use a #1 or #2 pick to get a TE, although I'd rather see a good corner any day, and then maybe a LB.

At least now there is no "Belicheck would never take a ___." Because that seems to be the surest way for him to take one.

I voted for Warren. At the time, I thought we were settling for him because all the good tackles were gone. Guys like Sullivan, Kennedy and DeWayne. After the way Ty has played, compared to others drafted ahead of him;tomorrow, I'll give BB the benefit of the doubt.

Logan Mankins. On draft day, i was like "What's a Logan Mankins?" He was never even on my draft radar. Same goes for Deion Branch and Ellis Hobbs. I am glad to be pleasantly surprised with all of their performances thus far. I'm sure that there will be more picks by the Pats this weekend that will leave me scratching my head. Then again, I'll be the first to admit that I was excited when the Pats drafted Chris Canty, Andy Katzenmoyer, T-Buck, and Terry Glenn and was hoping to get David Terrell instead of Seymour. Sure glad i'm not buying the groceries for our team this weekend. hahaha. That's the fun of draft weekend. I love it when the Pats draft people under the radar and turn them into good football players!

Last edited:
Mankins. Mainly because he was on nobody's draft radar (and I had never even heard of him).

PatsFanInVa said:
Awwww so you're saying Hart Lee Dykes can't be mine?

HMMN.... You can add Hart Lee Dykes & Ron Sellers to my listy of Chris Canty, Football Phil Olsen and Dennis Byrd.....

I chose Watson. My reasoning was it was only a year or two earlier we traded up to get Graham, plus I figured at the time with Graham and Fauria in the fold, why use another first rounder on a TE who might not have been needed for a year or two, or did they think Graham was such a bust that he needed to be replaced so quickly.

I was at work when my dad called me. Richard Seymour? RICHARD SEYMOUR? What about Terrell or Robinson?....
Can I blame that on youthful ignorance?

i voted for Ben Watson. that day i was 'astonished' but today i am very very satisfied.

we took a potential TOP TE and he partially showed it allready.
i am sure this year will be 'his' year.

ps = never forget the DEN play...

Last edited:
I applaud everyone who had the guts to admit the didn't like the Seymour pick at the time. Personally, I would have been sicked if they went for 1 of the WRs, but I was torn between Seymour and McAllister. The 1 guy I was really surprised about is Graham. When they traded up, I though they were making the move for Napoleon Harris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back