PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which QB do you want the Patriots to draft?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which QB do you want the Patriots to draft?

• Total voters
You sir are 100% correct regarding the redundancy. If we has Stewies Time Machine the speculation at what to do at #3 would be redundant as well !!
"Redundancy" is one of those words which if you say it ten or so times in a row begins to sound weird and silly. But then, I guess that's apropos.

"Apropos" is one of those words which if you say it ten or so times in a row begins to sound weird and silly. But then, I guess that's redundant..

This reminds me of a thing Hemingway was obsessed with, what he called the "double dicho," as for example:

"Man can be defeated but not destroyed."
"Man can be destroyed but not defeated."

"Redundancy" is one of those words which if you say it ten or so times in a row begins to sound weird and silly. But then, I guess that's apropos.

"Apropos" is one of those words which if you say it ten or so times in a row begins to sound weird and silly. But then, I guess that's redundant..

This reminds me of a thing Hemingway was obsessed with, what he called the "double dicho," as for example:

"Man can be defeated but not destroyed."
"Man can be destroyed but not defeated."
Just reread “ For whom the bell tolls “ for the 3rd time …I’m definitely more of a Vonnegut guy. He speaks to my inner child …

Just reread “ For whom the bell tolls “ for the 3rd time …I’m definitely more of a Vonnegut guy. He speaks to my inner child …
In fifty years I bet there will be a revival of interest in Vonnegut amongst the literati, if there ARE any literati in fifty years. I haven't read any Vonnegut in years. I should fix that. I have been rereading Thomas Hardy's novels lately, or listening to them.

The sad truth is, teams who take a QB early will probably strike out. With that said, I'll take my chances on Williams.

The sad truth is, teams who take a QB early will probably strike out. With that said, I'll take my chances on Williams.
oops … read it too fast. Meant take a chance on Daniel’s. Want zero part of Caleb

Last edited:
I'd like to see the Pats select the best QB.

I’m starting to lean
1. Daniel’s
2. Maye
3. Nix

I chose Daniels for the upside. But I'd be ok with Caleb or Maye at 3. Don't trade up. If you can trade down a few and still get Alt that's OK too. We have a lot of holes to fill.

1. McCarthy
2. Daniels
3. Nix

in that order.

I don't want Maye.

edit- Penix Jr is a risk so I wouldn't draft him. But has a decent chance of working out.

Accurate, quick processing, gets the ball out quicky, anticipation, better than average arm strength...low turnover rate.
What am I missing?

Pal. i like bouncing stuff off of you. Your knowledgeable and it never gets heated
I have changed my mind 6 times on who to pick and where.
We are rabid fans that can only go on what we research.
Your right on the baseball analogy as far as being able to see how players project in the Pro’s
We will always be throwing darts against a board with the NFL Draft.
Most College systems are so much simpler. They don’t have the resources like the NFL. Plus I think the players have limits to how much practice, time in building restrictions to not interfere with Academics.
That would make have a simpler system much more advantageous for the team
I am sure I will change my mind 6 more times before draft
Good talking

Thanks Busta, right back at you. I try to keep my professional life ( I’m a nuclear physicist and neurosurgeon) separate from my football discussion's, but that can be difficult, as I’m in the middle of a tricky brain stem glioma surgery right now, and my PA is having to type this while I am, Oh ****, that’s not good, Maya, get those dissectors out of that mess and get me a Fulton Laminectomy Rongeur STAT!!! Ok, back to the 3 pick, I’m hearing that Harbaugh may be crazy enough to swap picks and trade Hebert to the Patriots, but I really doubt it. Anyhoo, I unfortunately need to go have a difficult discussion with my patient’s family, so I’ll have to get back to you on this. Have a good day.

Accurate, quick processing, gets the ball out quicky, anticipation, better than average arm strength...low turnover rate.
What am I missing?

He’s going to be 34 in June, already has five kids by five different women, he can’t throw a football over 15 yards, and he’s dumb as a rock. Other than that he is well worth his UDFA projection.

He’s going to be 34 in June, already has five kids by five different women, he can’t throw a football over 15 yards, and he’s dumb as a rock. Other than that he is well worth his UDFA projection.
He's putting in the wrong kinda work or the right kinda work however you wanna look at it haha

Thanks Busta, right back at you. I try to keep my professional life ( I’m a nuclear physicist and neurosurgeon) separate from my football discussion's, but that can be difficult, as I’m in the middle of a tricky brain stem glioma surgery right now, and my PA is having to type this while I am, Oh ****, that’s not good, Maya, get those dissectors out of that mess and get me a Fulton Laminectomy Rongeur STAT!!! Ok, back to the 3 pick, I’m hearing that Harbaugh may be crazy enough to swap picks and trade Hebert to the Patriots, but I really doubt it. Anyhoo, I unfortunately need to go have a difficult discussion with my patient’s family, so I’ll have to get back to you on this. Have a good day.
Haha
I am kinda the same
I run a meth lab and mess with people’s brain

No way Harbaugh does that
Would you rather have Maye, Daniels or JJ with the 3rd

What am I missing?

Never trust a guy with a pube stache who looks like a villain from an old Hanna-Barbera cartoon.

Maye or JJ either way if I'm NE, those are your type of system guys... if you're supposed to be the Packers/49ers now.

Either guy should sit for a year and learn, Brissett could keep you competitive.

Fix the line, get some weapons, in that order.

Haha
I am kinda the same
I run a meth lab and mess with people’s brain

No way Harbaugh does that
Would you rather have Maye, Daniels or JJ with the 3rd

I’m really torn between Maye and Daniel’s. Maye is really similar to Allen as a prospect, but he’s played against better competition than Allen did, and Allen’s accuracy issues were much worse than Maye’s are. Daniel’s on the other hand is really exciting prospect. It would be so much fun to see them in 3rd and 15 and watch him take off for 25. But if push came to shove I would take Maye. I think there’s really good chance he will turn into a player like Allen, and that’s plenty good enough for me. But I’ll be happy with either one of them.

I would settle for McCarthy, but he’s the risky pick imo, it’s all projection, but even he would be a big step up from the last few years.

I’m really torn between Maye and Daniel’s. Maye is really similar to Allen as a prospect, but he’s played against better competition than Allen did, and Allen’s accuracy issues were much worse than Maye’s are. Daniel’s on the other hand is really exciting prospect. It would be so much fun to see them in 3rd and 15 and watch him take off for 25. But if push came to shove I would take Maye. I think there’s really good chance he will turn into a player like Allen, and that’s plenty good enough for me. But I’ll be happy with either one of them.

I would settle for McCarthy, but he’s the risky pick imo, it’s all projection, but even he would be a big step up from the last few years.
Obviously, the team won't have to "settle" for McCarthy if they prefer Maye or Daniels.

I was where you are. I now prefer Daniels. He is NOT the skinny kid we thought that he was.

I suspect that Daniels will be gone.

I think that we will look long and hard at the MINN offer of 3 firsts, presumably plus a 2024 4th. Of course, the choice depends on how close to Maye we have McCarthy, Nix and Penix rated. Much depends on the interview that the team had with Maye. In any case, we have no pressure to start our rookie this year, although he probably will play some in the last half of the season.

It is tempting to trade with MINN (pick a QB), and then trade up for a top OT. Using our 34, we could then have 2 picks in the top 11. Using our 68, we'd still have a chance at a very good LT.

If we use our 34 and the 23 to move to 8 or so, we would meet both our needs from the top 11.

Obviously, the team won't have to "settle" for McCarthy if they prefer Maye or Daniels.

I was where you are. I now prefer Daniels. He is NOT the skinny kid we thought that he was.

I suspect that Daniels will be gone.

I think that we will look long and hard at the MINN offer of 3 firsts, presumably plus a 2024 4th. Of course, the choice depends on how close to Maye we have McCarthy, Nix and Penix rated. Much depends on the interview that the team had with Maye. In any case, we have no pressure to start our rookie this year, although he probably will play some in the last half of the season.
Daniels has narrow shoulders and waist
In a hoodie and shorts he did not look frail. He certainly does not have the body of a Thornton. His legs looked respectable
Sure he would add muscle in a NFL program. Just would have to learn to slide
Has a high floor but still has a ceiling

Last edited:

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back