PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which Patriot from the past would you add to the roster right now?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which Patriot from the past would you add to the roster right now?

• 2007 Randy Moss

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • 2004 Corey Dillon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2017 Rob Gronkowski

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • 1984 Andre Tippet

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 1980 John Hannah

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • 2003 Ted Washington

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • 2003 Rodney Harrison

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1998 Ty Law

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • 2016 Julian Edleman

Votes: 11 14.1%

• Total voters
what do y’all think bills choice would be? I’d guess tip. Maybe moss…
Either LT or Mark Bavaro....oh, from the list? No idea

I want prime Welker. Guaranteed 100+ catches no matter the defense. Uncoverable at times.

From your list. Moss or Dillon. Leaning towards Moss.

Do we get to add weight to 265 lb John Hannah?

Do we get to add weight to 265 lb John Hannah?

No - it would be more embarrassing for modern lineman to look up from the pancake to see Hog taking down a linebacker.

Some names not on the list...

Seymour- He and Barmore on 3rd down? Fugetaboutit. Can sub Carl Davis here.

Willie Mac- Great on pass and run. Can prob sub Wise here.

KFaulk- Mac could use a pass catcher out of the backfield. He would add insurance if one of the top 2 RBs go down. Plus he can handle KR and back up Guns on punts.

I hear you guys on Washington, although the interior D line has been solid lately.
The write-in option for 2019 Gilmore is tempting; adding him to Jackson on the outside would change a lot back there. There would be more pressures and sacks, for one.
Would 2007 Moss bring out a deep game in Jones that otherwise lays dormant? Or is he just not ready yet, regardless?
Hmmm.

Some names not on the list...

Seymour- He and Barmore on 3rd down? Fugetaboutit. Can sub Carl Davis here.

Willie Mac- Great on pass and run. Can prob sub Wise here.

KFaulk- Mac could use a pass catcher out of the backfield. He would add insurance if one of the top 2 RBs go down. Plus he can handle KR and back up Guns on punts.
Great additions. I think I'd also throw in Mike Haynes and Stanley Morgan.

My first choice was Hog Hannah but then I saw the truly obvious answer, at least on offense, so I switched to Gronk. He's too dominant to pass over.

I'm surprised that only 3 of us picked Gronk.

Great additions. I think I'd also throw in Mike Haynes and Stanley Morgan.

My first choice was Hog Hannah but then I saw the truly obvious answer, at least on offense, so I switched to Gronk. He's too dominant to pass over.
Haynes and Morgan no question.

Moss is clearly the most talented WR but I don't think Mac is ready for a presence like Randy just yet.

Seymour doesn’t make the list?

Nor did Curtis Martin, who I would take over any back in Patriots history. It was a good list overall and it’s not surprising great players are missing from it, I think that would happen with most lists and polls like this. The far more egregious omission by the OP ( InRodWeTrust) was not giving us the “ Ray Lewis Killed a Guy” option, which is mandatory for any poll in this forum. Ian and the moderators will have to have a sit down with to determine his fate, with any luck it won’t be as harsh as what happened to Sonny Black.

Just bring in the entire 78 roster, keep Mac Jones, with today's staff.

2007 Moss without even giving it a second thought. 1980 Hannah would be a distant second.
Receiver's are required to block this year. Randy (one trick pony) can only run deep. Give me defense, CB, NT, ILB

Moss is clearly the most talented WR but I don't think Mac is ready for a presence like Randy just yet.
In another thread we hear about how some QBs would not even deign to be part of a game like last Monday's. That's a critical element to examine when you want to try and identify "the missing piece". I totally get the "offense" point of view - this isn't a 30PPG offense - Mac hasn't had to sling it 50 times to try and take back a lead. That's a very relevant viewpoint. It is also an "in the moment" because that's the question.

What's not in the question is the continued development, team approach, and long term impacts. A criticism post Moss was that Brady went less and less to the "open" receiver and more looked for only the stars on a much higher percentage of plays. Not exclusively, but there's ample evidence. Given his rookie status, and place in development, does such an add likewise skew Mac's future approach to passing the ball?

It's conjecture, sure, but the thought process is valid - Moss was a presence. (Still is) Aren't such "non-football" aspects still something worth considering?

Willie McGinest made "Peepoo Noam Sain" Marshall Faulk cry like a little biatch...yet he doesn't even get a mention? the MAN???
Willie is my favorite Pat but for the exercise here considering this team, I would go corner with Law. Also for the Moss lovers, I would much prefer Deion Branch.

Receiver's are required to block this year. Randy (one trick pony) can only run deep. Give me defense, CB, NT, ILB
Whaaaat? Moss was a one-trick pony? Since when?

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back