PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which one of the morons said this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
OK, who was the comlpete idiot in the ESPN booth who came out with this one: "The Patriots use people up and then discard them".

Was that 3/4 cueball Tony? If it was he should be fired.

Last edited:
Re: Which one if the morons said this?

PATSNUTme said:
OK, who was the comlpete idiot in the ESPN booth who came out with this one: "The Patriots use peple up and then discard them".

I'm pretty sure it was.

At the time, I called for his immediate resignation on the Patriots live chat. :rocker:

Speaking of morons, it's "of". :)

PATSNUTme said:
Yes it was. He's an idiot. Theisman was arguing with him about it.

Kornheiser tries to be 1/2 comedian, 1/2 sports analyst. It makes him a 100% moron. I think either get a football guy or get a comedian, but trying to mix the two is awful. Yes, I would rather see Dennis Miller in the booth.

Usually there would only be 1 possible candidate but on ESPN there could be 4 or 5 for moronic statements.

PATSNUTme said:
OK, who was the comlpete idiot in the ESPN booth who came out with this one: "The Patriots use peple up and then discard them".

Was that 3/4 cueball Tony? If it was he should be fired.[/QUOTe

This guy is a stiff for the most part...........I was shocked at that comment....and a few others he made in that diatribe........."these players know that when they can't play at a certain level anymore, the Patriots are getting rid of you".......not exact paraphrase.....unreal comments...

PATSNUTme said:

C'mon, NUT. No need for the baldophobic comments :) Some of us go all out with it.

I'm quite sure it was. Tirico and Theisman made some comments relating to the combination of production and value when it comes to who the Pats keep on the roster. I wasn't really paying that much attention to the blather, though. I usually turn the volume most of the way down.

Yes it was that Tony character! I was pissed at that comment and knew right then, that it was going to be a tougher night than I thought, trying to filter out those bozo's!

Last edited by a moderator:

Other than the guy's last name that I can never get right, I don't think he's that bad. Humor covers all sins in my book and he's funny at times. I don't put much wieght in what these guys say. They are trying to fill a broadcast with chatter. It can't all be complimentary. Like all other forms of media, it is inaccurate chatter.

He should be fired for denigrating the Patriots? You guys need to switch to decaf.

PatsWickedPissah said:
Speaking of morons, it's "of". :)

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. It's been corrected!

baby_middlefinger.jpg

I find Theisman and Cornholer, painful. Seems as they are trying to outdo each other, rather than just announcing. Hopefully we get a good duo for next sunday nite, great game, but terrible announcing.

We could have won 131-7 and people would still find something to ***** about. I didn't even flinch when he made that comment and just didn't think it was that bad to begin with.

CTPatsFan said:
C'mon, NUT. No need for the baldophobic comments :) Some of us go all out with it.

I'm quite sure it was. Tirico and Theisman made some comments relating to the combination of production and value when it comes to who the Pats keep on the roster. I wasn't really paying that much attention to the blather, though. I usually turn the volume most of the way down.

Nothing againts those who are without locks. Some of my best friends and relatives are cueballs. However this guy seems to want to comb over the two strands tha he has on top. He would look better cutting them.

Lighten up on Tony. His tribute of Red was a nice touch and his reference to the Pajama Game was hilarious. I also find the "Tony" e-mails bring some levity. Yes they can be moronic but MNF isn't for the hardcore fan.

I didn't find his comment about the Pats using people up to be so bad. He said that the Pats do not pay much and that people who come here come to win. The use players up was in connection with him saying that the Pats do not get overly attached to players. The comment that I found offensive and have sent a registered letter to ESPN was his comment about Bill B where he said that Bill was wearing his Halloween costume, that of a homeless person. That comment was just a little too insensitive and over the top. Paul

taltos said:
The comment that I found offensive and have sent a registered letter to ESPN was his comment about Bill B where he said that Bill was wearing his Halloween costume, that of a homeless person. That comment was just a little too insensitive and over the top.

That was, literally, the only thing from those three black holes of intellect and humor that made me chuckle all night.

Last edited:
Alk said:
. I didn't even flinch when he made that comment and just didn't think it was that bad to begin with.

Which gives further proof that the statement was dumb.

Kornheiser is insufferable. I'm all for giving Brady his props, but the guy was about ready to have his babies last night.

And I hate it when anyone gives the "Tom Brady's stats aren't great, but he is" speech b/c guess what, Tom Brady's stats ARE great. "Tom Brady might not have as many yards as McNabb..." Last I checked didn't Brady lead the league in yards last season....:rolleyes:

GJAJ15 said:
I find Theisman and Cornholer, painful. Seems as they are trying to outdo each other, rather than just announcing. Hopefully we get a good duo for next sunday nite, great game, but terrible announcing.
That would be Al Michaels and John Madden.

I was really struck by the "use people up and discard them" line too...not just because it's offensive, but because it simply doesn't fit.

For the sake of argument, let's assume for the moment that it's callous and cruel to discard older players rather than giving them contracts to honor their past service. Who are we really talking about in that category? Look at the major departures of recent years: there were the young guys who wanted to take their shot at the megabucks (Woody, Givens, Branch). There were the vets who were more valued elsewhere (Andruzzi, Patten, Ashworth) and who were determined to squeeze full dollar value out of the later stages of their career (Milloy, Law). None were discarded as useless, there was just somebody else dangling more cash. The ONLY guy I can think of who might fit the description is Willie McGinest. But every team has one Big Willie, a longtime favorite who plays out the end of the string elsewhere. Anybody seen Junior Seau lining up for the Chargers lately?

If you're going to make a caricature of the Patriots, this is just the wrong one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call