PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which offense shows up this Sunday against Falcons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsfanGlo

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
With all the doom and gloom posts being posted every 5 minutes after 2 games, I'm curious what's the expectation for offense will be this Sunday. Personally, I think they will bounce back in big way. Just way too much talent on the roster to suck 2 weeks in a row, especially coming off embarassing loss.

Would love to see a consistent running game show up so Brady wouldn't have to pass 50 times against the Falcons.

Go Pats!

Should be great if we just...

RUN THE BALL

Last edited:
My prediction for the season hasn't changed very much from 2 weeks ago. The team is a work in progress. And by team, I mean the team and the units within the team and coaching staff, etc... too. While the offense performed poorly against the jets, I think it's going to take Brady (and the timing between Brady , his receivers) a few (4, maybe 5) games to get back to better timing, better execution and Brady to work through the mental aspects of the game. The same goes for the O-line, taking time to gel.

The Defense, while still finding an identity and already dealing with the temp loss of Mayo, is working out the bugs. The offense will start to gel soon, maybe very soon. The D will take a little longer to really start firing on all cylinders- maybe around Thanksgiving we'll see it pick up and big plays to start happening.

The team is in a major state of transition, and it's not going to be seemless as we saw last Sunday. What this all boils down to as far as the original question is I think we'll have our best game of the season so far, but it won't be great, it'll be good. Some issues will get fixed, some will still be worked on (like maybe the pass rush). It's at home, Brady is no doubt p.o.'d about the last game, the whole team probably is pretty worked up and wants to rebound. It's going to be a close game, within 4 points, and I'm thinking we'll end up winning this one, 27-23, 24-20, somewhere in that range.

It will be enough that the border line Chicken Littles come in off the ledge for one week, while the full time CL's- well nobody can save them anyway.

The good offense has to show up. There's no way Sunday won't light a fire underneath them unless they are as bad as they look (I can't imagine that they are).

The ravens and the falcons are the same type of team. Solid on both sides but not great on either side. This will be the test of what this team is made of before we get into an easier stretch.

thats the qeustion of the season...if we go back to our old forms, and i mean every player, not just one or another....than yea

we defenitely need to improve for these next two games though, we cant really lose these....

and i love it that were starting up shaky, cuz i had rather start up shaky than finish shaky (ala 2007), but hopefully this shakiness doesnt rob us from these next two wins...

I predict we'll come out looking better than last week. Don't know what form it will take, and don't really care as long as we win, baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News