PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which of our running backs gets the boot out of NE?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which RB or RBs is not going to make the 2010 roster?

• Fred Taylor

Votes: 38 31.4%
  • Sammy Morris

Votes: 32 26.4%
  • Laurence Maroney

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • Kevin Faulk

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Ben Jarvis Green Ellis

Votes: 46 38.0%
  • No RB will be cut,roster will remain the same,no new additions

Votes: 13 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Someone at RB is going to leave the roster,I am almost positive a rookie RB is coming and maybe a FB...

Tell us which RB or RBs you think is going to get the boot via cut/release,trade ...you can pick more than one.....

I will go with Taylor most likely to get cut,or maybe he shocks us and retires?
BJGE is almost as likely
Morris is also possible
Maroney will finish his contract this year and continue his career elsewhere in 2011
Faulk would be a shocker but with age you can never know

Last edited:
I went with Fred Taylor and BJGE. Despite delusions of greatness many here had of him, BJGE is the most expendable RB on the roster. Taylor I went with just because of his age and the fact that he's injury prone. I too believe that we'll be drafting a running back this year (I think it'll be Hardesty).

I went with Fred Taylor and BJGE. Despite delusions of greatness many here had of him, BJGE is the most expendable RB on the roster. Taylor I went with just because of his age and the fact that he's injury prone. I too believe that we'll be drafting a running back this year (I think it'll be Hardesty).

I would be happy with either Ryan Mathews in round 2 at 44 (although I expect the Texans to pick him up in round 1)

or Ben Tate who seems to be popular among Pats fans

Morris and Taylor. BJGE at age 24 is a better runner than those two at 33+.

Hopefully it's Faulk. We don't need any more reminders of the championship runs.

Hopefully it's Faulk. We don't need any more reminders of the championship runs.

If Faulk is cut for some reason I would be hoping for Charles Scott in the late rounds...for some strange hunch,I think he will be a very good player in this league and he arrived at Foxboro the same day Bryant was here so the Pats at least got to see him in person.

I'm sick of Morris getting hurt every single year and I don't think Taylor has much left to offer. I wouldn't mind seeing those two both get the axe. I've wanted Montario Hardesty for quite a while and haven't soured on him at all.

I could see going into next year with Maroney, Hardesty, Faulk as the 3 main RB and BJGE as the 4th RB/FB/ST.

Would much rather have Hardesty than Gerhart.

Your opinion I guess.
I want 3 young backs next year and faulk

1. Gerhart
2. Maroney
3. BJGE
4. Faulk

It's not opinion, it's fact. The young BJGE couldn't even put up 100 yards (in spite of a good amount of attempts) against the "vaunted" 2008 Denver Broncos defense. He just isn't that good. If he were, he'd be seeing playing time instead of Morris and Taylor (when he was healthy). He's expendable.

It's not opinion, it's fact. The young BJGE couldn't even put up 100 yards (in spite of a good amount of attempts) against the "vaunted" 2008 Denver Broncos defense. He just isn't that good. If he were, he'd be seeing playing time instead of Morris and Taylor (when he was healthy). He's expendable.

I'm pretty sure he got decent playing time as an I-form FB towards the end of the season,not sure.

I think BJGE's chances of making the team will dwindle to nearly zero if BB decides he wants a bruising FB in the late rounds...I really hope we go that way,BJGE was fun to have for a little bit,but if its a choice between a big guy or BJGE for a 5th back...I'm going with the FB rookie and its not even a close decision.

Given what's currently available on the market, I would hope that the Patriots would focus the draft on areas of pressing need (OLB/DE/CB/WR/OG/TE) and look at a fullback later in the draft. He can take BJGE's spot.

Then the team can follow the waiver wire this offseason if they want to look for a Morris/Taylor replacement.

Given what's currently available on the market, I would hope that the Patriots would focus the draft on areas of pressing need (OLB/DE/CB/WR/OG/TE) and look at a fullback later in the draft. He can take BJGE's spot.

Then the team can follow the waiver wire this offseason if they want to look for a Morris/Taylor replacement.

There are some notables that could be had at the right deal like Ronnie Brown who the Dolphins seem to want to get rid of since his injury leaves him questionable and of course Marshawn Lynch who is a gamble and I also think the Redskins may give up Portis as well ..and thats just a few for starters.

There are some notables that could be had at the right deal like Ronnie Brown who the Dolphins seem to want to get rid of since his injury leaves him questionable and of course Marshawn Lynch who is a gamble and I also think the Redskins may give up Portis as well ..and thats just a few for starters.

They require the surrendering of draft picks for a position that doesn't need the infusion as badly as some others.

Of course, that's just my take.

Last edited:

This, more or less. I don't see CB as a need spot, and I'm not sure about OG.

As for Law Firm, he's the ultimate JAG.

That means he's a heckuva athlete, but I still hope something better can be done w/ his roster slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes