PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where's the love?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwc

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I can't believe all the grousing about the Pats' day one draft. What's not to like?

Second best RB in the draft -- a guy who can backup Dillon (running the ball) and Faulk (catching it out of the backfield). Seems like this pick fills a need.

Very productive wide receiver. Guys, Jackson had 89 catches last year. Best hands in the combine. Excellent route runner, smart kid. I don't see any reason why he can't replace David Givens, at far less money.

Very productive TE from a national championship college team. Fauria is gone. We need a third tight end who can replace his effectiveness in the red zone and, ideally, play special teams. This kid is a productive pass catcher, loves playing special teams, loves football, works hard. What's not to like in filling the third tight end role?

Hw, you've shown excellent acuity in past posts.

In this one you say basically two things:
we fans are "grousing" ... and
the 2nd and 3rd picks are pretty good.

Well, you muffed one of them.
With few, rare exceptions ... the fans i'm reading are even more elated than you let yourself show!

hwc said:
I can't believe all the grousing about the Pats' day one draft. What's not to like?

Second best RB in the draft -- a guy who can backup Dillon (running the ball) and Faulk (catching it out of the backfield). Seems like this pick fills a need.

Very productive wide receiver. Guys, Jackson had 89 catches last year. Best hands in the combine. Excellent route runner, smart kid. I don't see any reason why he can't replace David Givens, at far less money.

Very productive TE from a national championship college team. Fauria is gone. We need a third tight end who can replace his effectiveness in the red zone and, ideally, play special teams. This kid is a productive pass catcher, loves playing special teams, loves football, works hard. What's not to like in filling the third tight end role?

There are 2 posts on the front page wondering why people are angry.

There are zero posts of angry people.

Why not just enjoy that the Pats drafted high at the glamour positions for a change instead of looking to gloat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News