PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where would be now with Brady healthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we believe that we would be a heavy favorite to at least having a bye, then perhaps the defense is performing as well as one might expect. Perhaps they have simply not stepped up to the extra burden on them and the additional time on the field and the lack of garbage time (like last year when we were often a couple of touchdowns ahead).

I do indeed believe that we would be a heavy favorite to compete with the upstart Titans for championship in the AFC, if Brady were here.

So for me, there is no need to be talking about replacing and redoing the entire defense or even major parts. That is already being done. To put it another way, we have been bringing in new players. Mayo and Guyton are extraordinary rookie starters. We might have a future starting corner or backup help in Wheatley, Wilhite and/or Richardson. Meriweather has shown he is the real deal. And we have some linebackers we haven't heard from yet. Surely Redd and Crable are potential backups.

Sure, Vrabel and Bruschi have lost a couple of steps, as expected. They may be only good enough to be role players next year. So! Why is it a negative to have veteran role players. We used to consider such a situation a positive.

shoulda coulda woulda......we will obviously never know........

I'd guess the Pats would be 8-2. A couple of extra plays made in the Jets and Colts games would make the difference. The Miami and San Diego games would still have been lost.

I'd think we'd have won the SD game - the Miami game was such bad play by the Defense, OL, and everyone but special teams, and such an embarrassing blowout that I don't even think Brady (if he were lucky enough not to have been injured in THAT game) would have made a difference.

So I'd say 9-1

Actually I think the Pats could have won the Miami game. The Pats seemed to have the momentum early and were stopping them on defense and moving the ball on offense. The whole momentum shifted (for the rest of the game) on a Cassel INT.

I do agree with KontradictioN that these Brady threads are exercises in futility though. We asll know the Pats would have had a better record and been in a much better position to compete for the Super Bowl, but why bother speculating?

No, the whole momentum shifted on the #@%_# BS "in the grasp" call that preceded Cassel's INT and negated his TD run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back